Marrying a Younger Tunisian Man

magicshaz

Exactly you have an opinion just like everyone else. Definitely not bitter or desperate if I were I'd know where to go. Just sayin.....
not saying you are, but June definitely is

Trulymadlydeeply

I don't really want to speak for June. But I do know (from the forum) she is happily married to aTunisian living in Tunisia.. I suppose she does see a lot of relationships first hand...

magicshaz

I don't really want to speak for June. But I do know (from the forum) she is happily married to aTunisian living in Tunisia.. I suppose she does see a lot of relationships first hand...
That does surprise me......

Scottochott

That does surprise me......
It's usually best to base your comments on knowledge not emotion or prejudice. We're all for free speech, but won't accept any personal attacks, so let's calm it down please.

magicshaz

It's usually best to base your comments on knowledge not emotion or prejudice. We're all for free speech, but won't accept any personal attacks, so let's calm it down please.
i'm up for that.

June

Something you'd like to ask me magicshaz?

June

Bitter and twisted and very judgmental! Well ditto dear, your not showing yourself to be any better with what you've just written about another member on a tunisian forum, that is open for all to comment and give their opinions and mine are what I see and have seen over the past 20yrs, I ain't raining on anyone's parade and you go ahead on your journey with those shoes on! And yes you might be deliriously happy but I think about the ones I've seen desperately sad.

Essem

Staff member
Not all fingers are the same....I have heard of plenty that have ended happily... we none of us know how any relationship will pan out... married 27 yrs to brit, then all went tits up....so, no one knows...

You're right, no-one knows how relationships will end but there are so many of us who have been on here for many years and, unfortunately, we have seen first hand and read about the devastation, both financial and emotional, that many women have been left in. With some we have followed their stories from their initial meetings, through their romances, planning of weddings and trials and tribulations with visas etc., only to find that once the guys get to the UK, they show their true colours and relationships end. The unhappy endings, unfortunately, outweigh the happy ones.

Not all fingers are the same, but when they are bent, all stand in equal length.

Essem

Staff member
Out of interest Moonsky...HOW MANY relationships can you state categorically have ended in disaster... as in people you actually know?? (and not just read about in some dirtrag like the Sun). Sure go on the TLR page and you will see countless examples..... however, if you ever read the News Of The World you would also believe that every football player that has ever been, was a virginity-taking-thrill-seeking-trophy girlfriend sporting Lothario ...and the kiss n tell girls were naive, good homespun, church going, god fearing innocents until 'he' came along... #justsaying.

Those of us who have married, dated, a younger man/Tunisian in the case of this forum, have done so with our eyes open. As i said before... I was married 27 years to a brit, just a little older than me.... that didnt end happily either... so there is no 'point' to prove.

Maybe you were speaking from personal experience, but dont judge everyone to be the same.
Have to disagree with the 'eyes open' part - many, many women have fallen for the 'chat' completely unaware of bezness and all in entails.

Not everyone goes into a relationship with eyes open which generally means that you are aware and know what might happen then it's an equal playing field, you can both get what you want. You're totally aware of what's going on and understand the true character of the person you're with.

And many of these bezness boys just 'close their eyes' and think of England :eek:

Essem

Staff member
Indeed it is a big YAWN... why women fall for men like this is beyond comprehension!

Maybe some are cougars who enjoy playing with cubs.

The majority are probably decent,caring women who just want to be in a loving relationship and they fall for the charm and chat.

Essem

Staff member

Jane BM

You're right, no-one knows how relationships will end but there are so many of us who have been on here for many years and, unfortunately, we have seen first hand and read about the devastation, both financial and emotional, that many women have been left in. With some we have followed their stories from their initial meetings, through their romances, planning of weddings and trials and tribulations with visas etc., only to find that once the guys get to the UK, they show their true colours and relationships end. The unhappy endings, unfortunately, outweigh the happy ones.

Not all fingers are the same, but when they are bent, all stand in equal length.
Love that last sentence.....:D:D:D

Selmi

Perhaps she does however if you go back on previous pages on this topic she was very opinionated of other forum members especially around the start of December 2015 !!

Trulymadlydeeply

I think it went both ways.....

This thread is as it states.. If you don't want an opinion regarding your relationship with a much younger man then I suggest you don't put it on here. It's turning into *** for tat and not helping anyone...

magicshaz

I think it went both ways.....

This thread is as it states.. If you don't want an opinion regarding your relationship with a much younger man then I suggest you don't put it on here. It's turning into *** for tat and not helping anyone...
see #145

MissKittyKat

Hi, I'm new on here and have been following this thread with interest. I am not married to a Tunisian, my husband is not younger than me but I do live in Tunisia. I also have first hand knowledge of friends who have sadly been scammed and treated terribly by younger Tunisian men. I know of at least 5 ladies who have been left in very bad situations after having married a younger Tunisian. Three of those relationships ending in violence when the money ran out. I'm not judging anyone, I'm not saying you shouldn't follow your heart, but as it's been said before, by June, and others on this thread, you should take your brain with you. I've been left holding a shaking, bleeding woman, left feeding a woman who has been locked out of her home with no money and no food. I've seen first hand the aftermath of the relationships that went wrong. Watched women after having all their personal items shipped out here, from the UK, at great expense, lose it all. And the law here is very one sided.... Usually on the side of the man.... Regardless of whether he is right or wrong. Families will take you in with open arms, all the time you are buying and supplying, but when the cash runs thin.... true colours will be shown. And although many young guys tell you that they don't want children, in reality, they do and they will want them. If you are too old to give them that child, you will possibly be replaced with someone who can. As I have said previously, im not saying ALL of the relationships are bad, and I know a few that are successful, but please always protect yourself. My personal view, and it is only my person view, and I'm not saying it is correct..... But, if you have to go onto a forum and ask if it's right..... then it isn't and you must feel somewhere in your heart some doubt. If all you are wanting is some fun, nothing serious, a companion, then go for it..... But just be careful.

I really hope it has.....one thing you mentioned though, you said he's never mentioned visa etc and that 'he's already working on that'.....how??? X
Good question-on some work program?? He has mentioned he is in school-and it is a work program to apply for in the States??? Is everybody laughing at me now?? Haha-i might be laughing at myself!!! I really don't know what to make of this scenero-since my last report, I am still taking to him....only now he say's it will be easier for me to come to him!!!

Hi, I'm new on here and have been following this thread with interest. I am not married to a Tunisian, my husband is not younger than me but I do live in Tunisia. I also have first hand knowledge of friends who have sadly been scammed and treated terribly by younger Tunisian men. I know of at least 5 ladies who have been left in very bad situations after having married a younger Tunisian. Three of those relationships ending in violence when the money ran out. I'm not judging anyone, I'm not saying you shouldn't follow your heart, but as it's been said before, by June, and others on this thread, you should take your brain with you. I've been left holding a shaking, bleeding woman, left feeding a woman who has been locked out of her home with no money and no food. I've seen first hand the aftermath of the relationships that went wrong. Watched women after having all their personal items shipped out here, from the UK, at great expense, lose it all. And the law here is very one sided.... Usually on the side of the man.... Regardless of whether he is right or wrong. Families will take you in with open arms, all the time you are buying and supplying, but when the cash runs thin.... true colours will be shown. And although many young guys tell you that they don't want children, in reality, they do and they will want them. If you are too old to give them that child, you will possibly be replaced with someone who can. As I have said previously, im not saying ALL of the relationships are bad, and I know a few that are successful, but please always protect yourself. My personal view, and it is only my person view, and I'm not saying it is correct..... But, if you have to go onto a forum and ask if it's right..... then it isn't and you must feel somewhere in your heart some doubt. If all you are wanting is some fun, nothing serious, a companion, then go for it..... But just be careful.
Oh my goodness-thank you for your feed back-I only wish with all of these things mentioned that I had someone who i knew out in Tunisia who knows him-to tell me what he is like...I am only going by his beautiful words he tells me each conversation...His words are not of ever asking for money-with much conversations, couple times a day-for a month's worth of time- not once asked for anything-he seems genuine from the heart.BUT I do hear you about children-he is strong in his faith of Muslim belief and I have researched to know that children bearing is of importance to him and his culture....This forum has helped me so much!!!! I appreciate all the advice given!!!