Marrying a Younger Tunisian Man

Trulymadlydeeply

Good question-on some work program?? He has mentioned he is in school-and it is a work program to apply for in the States??? Is everybody laughing at me now?? Haha-i might be laughing at myself!!! I really don't know what to make of this scenero-since my last report, I am still taking to him....only now he say's it will be easier for me to come to him!!!
Hi, would you date someone at school in your hometown? I sure as hell wouldn't but everyone to their own...

Yes of course that way you can book a nice apartment that he will find very sheep :p:rolleyes: of course you don't mind paying. You earn far more than he does. You can also pay for the restaurants etc and a few presents thrown in.

Are you still talking to him in the hope it blossoms into something more?

mrsmannai

I have not met him yet-only video chat...i am only curious as to what the chances of this really being a go? I would love to think it is real feelings and emotions, I don not want my heart to get involved with this man only to find out he has many other women!!
salaam :) well, you r probably the age of his mum, or at least not far from. this is not aceptable in tunisa, for any other reason the getting out of the country(visa) so he can settle outside n make money to send home, n save up for a proper life. or to be kept while staying in tunisia looking for a proper wife. what can he offer you? i mean other than telling u , tht u r the love of his life, the most beautiful woman, age is just a nmbr, he dont care wht other will say, is his life etc.... so u have nothing to get from him, other than end up paying for him n his friends in the cafe whilst visiting, and be kinda the the one evryone laughing at. lovesick gawria(what they call western / european womans) while they line up outside western union... smell the coffee lady, in noway is it anything normal with this, just face it.
i have lived in this country as a gawria :) sitting in the cafe`s seing what i tell you, hear what i tell u, dont be a fool.sorry to be so blunt, but there is no other way to say it.there are nice tunisian men, but when they r your junior by 25 yrs, come on...

@mrsmannai Thank you for your blunt words-I need to hear this I know. I am thankful for your words of advice, as this is so new to me. You make so much sense in the fact that is he so young for me, and we are so very different in our cultures. We are literally a world apart from each other. I mean he might be counting on me for so much and that i don't want!! It does seem that the cafe's are where all this "bezness" takes place. I think I will get smart from here!!! God bless and thank you!!!~;)

Jane BM

@mrsmannai Thank you for your blunt words-I need to hear this I know. I am thankful for your words of advice, as this is so new to me. You make so much sense in the fact that is he so young for me, and we are so very different in our cultures. We are literally a world apart from each other. I mean he might be counting on me for so much and that i don't want!! It does seem that the cafe's are where all this "bezness" takes place. I think I will get smart from here!!! God bless and thank you!!!~;)
Bezness takes place everywhere and anywhere in Tunisia sadly.

Glad you're listening to what people are saying though....x

@Jane BM :rolleyes: and you are right-so thankful for this forum- I have received so much advice and direction!! The fact that people care enough to respond has been so nice!! Appreciate you!!! ;)

motez

@Jane BM :rolleyes: and you are right-so thankful for this forum- I have received so much advice and direction!! The fact that people care enough to respond has been so nice!! Appreciate you!!! ;)
hello im from tunisia

hello im from tunisia
Nice to meet you!! I'm looking for new friends to make who are familiar with or live in Tunisia. I have a best friend who lives in Tunis or somewhere around there..I have only recently made relations with this person. I am considering a trip in July. i am trying to learn as much as i can about your country before i come.

Scottochott

Nice to meet you!! I'm looking for new friends to make who are familiar with or live in Tunisia. I have a best friend who lives in Tunis or somewhere around there..I have only recently made relations with this person. I am considering a trip in July. i am trying to learn as much as i can about your country before i come.
A "best friend" who you "have only recently made relations with"? :confused:

Google "bezness", make sure you understand the thinking here before you come. Are you aware your government currently recommends against travel to Tunisia?

Scottochott

hello im from tunisia
I see you have approached a couple of our female members..."hello honey"..."you are very beautiful"...etc. We do not accept this sort of behaviour, this is not a bezness dating website.

A "best friend" who you "have only recently made relations with"? :confused:

Google "bezness", make sure you understand the thinking here before you come. Are you aware your government currently recommends against travel to Tunisia?
Why does this have to mean that i have a bezness boy....i know enough about bezness- I have googled and am active in other forums to know this is not of that nature....he has asked of me nothing. He comes from a well to do family who i have interacted with online. They seem like truly caring people. i am in these forums because i want to be educated with the culture before i go to visit. We have begun talking since February. We have great communication-there is an age difference but we don't seem to notice when we are together on video which is all day!!! :)

Scottochott

Why does this have to mean that i have a bezness boy....i know enough about bezness- I have googled and am active in other forums to know this is not of that nature....he has asked of me nothing. He comes from a well to do family who i have interacted with online. They seem like truly caring people. i am in these forums because i want to be educated with the culture before i go to visit. We have begun talking since February. We have great communication-there is an age difference but we don't seem to notice when we are together on video which is all day!!! :)
I didn't say he was, just checking you were aware. Your post just struck me as typical, to find a best friend after a 2 month online relationship then a planned visit, with a welcoming family in the background, sets the alarm bells ringing. However you obviously are convinced and reassured yours is different so I wish you luck.

I didn't say he was, just checking you were aware. Your post just struck me as typical, to find a best friend after a 2 month online relationship then a planned visit, with a welcoming family in the background, sets the alarm bells ringing. However you obviously are convinced and reassured yours is different so I wish you luck.
This is typical behavior of his family??? I heard from many that it is typically not accepted for his family to welcome me to stay in his home when i come to visit.?? Also they would not be too accepting on age difference. i am 47 and he is 24...his family seems to not mind..is there any light you can bring to this subject for me?? i have checked also for saftey of coming to the country...it is safe in the area he resides-it is not southeastern tunsia.

June

This is typical behavior of his family??? I heard from many that it is typically not accepted for his family to welcome me to stay in his home when i come to visit.?? Also they would not be too accepting on age difference. i am 47 and he is 24...his family seems to not mind..is there any light you can bring to this subject for me?? i have checked also for saftey of coming to the country...it is safe in the area he resides-it is not southeastern tunsia.
Hi
Your friend, has he travelled outside of tunisia? Did u say the family will welcome you to stay in their house? I would advise you if you want to visit tunisia you should stay in a hotel in tourist area and ask your friend to rent nearby so u can see and spend time together, ask him what he thinks of this idea! What part of tunisia is he from?

Moonsky

I think I'm going to write a book about Tunisian relationships called "But mine's different". I don't wish to cause distress but here are the facts:

* It is unacceptable in this culture to marry ANYONE that is +5 or -5 years difference in age.
* ALL Tunisian men want children. Marriage for the procreation of offspring is the main goal.
* They are in it for THE LONG GAME. Older women are still a much sought after target for financial and visa gains.
* If the men say that they don't want children/to go to the UK/want your money rah rah a good 98.9% will be lying.

Relationship matters aside, I wonder how European governments will respond to more spouse visa requests now that that the countries are flooded with both refugees and economic migrants. I know two friends who wanted to take their (mature) girlfriend and man friend to Belgian and the UK respectively could not even get a short term visitor visa and both sets of friends had to holiday in (bomb laden) Turkey....

Hi
Your friend, has he travelled outside of tunisia? Did u say the family will welcome you to stay in their house? I would advise you if you want to visit tunisia you should stay in a hotel in tourist area and ask your friend to rent nearby so u can see and spend time together, ask him what he thinks of this idea! What part of tunisia is he from?
Hi
Hello- my friend lives in Bardo..and has not traveled outside of Tunisia. Why do you suggest to stay at a hotel???

June

Why were had you planned on staying? Don't tell me with the family and you only know them how long? Just you've never been in tunisia before or am I mistaken!

Scottochott

Typical bezness behaviour where the family are complicit, as you say it's not normal behaviour, neither is acceptance of such a wide age gap. I would echo other advice to stay in a hotel, it strikes me as naive in the extreme to plan to stay in the house of strangers. You are almost certainly being reeled in, sorry to say. You say you have researched bezness, why then does this not strike you as such? It fits every pattern we are all familiar with!