marrying in tunisia

smiley_jo

BIG congratulations hon!!!

I hope you will be as happy as you are now for the rest of your lives together (here's hoping you are having a good day :D )

Lots of love,

Smiley

JennyWren

Hi i am looking for some help plz. I am getting married the end of june and i need to make sure that i have all the documents i need. I am waiting to get my coni back i know this has to be translated in tunisia but how do i do that, do the embassy do it if i pay ? I am just wondering do i need 1 or 2 new copys of my full birth certificate i guess i give this to the embassy do i , i know that we must have blood taken at the doctors but i have read that some people do not they just pay them and get a letter. Do i need passport photos of myself and a copy of my passport with the stamps and the back of it. Does anybody know what my fiance needs to provide as well ? So if any of u kind people could help me and tell me what i need i would be grateful. Its just that i do not want to get there and not have all the paper work that i need because its not just like i can go home and get it lol xx

Thanks
jenny

marhaba

a birth certificate yours of course, a certificate of no imepiment no more than 21 days old at the time of marriage.

Ros81

Hi....to get married in tunisia you will need a CONI which should not be any older than 3 months (If you get it from the UK) If you are living in tunisia then you must notify the embassy of your intention to marry 21 days before you want to marry. You will need 1 copy of your full birth certificate which should not be any older than 2 weeks (check with the municiplaity where you intend to marry just incase they have other requirements as to how new your birth cert should be). You can get this translated anywhere,however, the CONI should be translated at the embassy (when i got married five months ago the fee was 170 dinars) You normally get this the morning after you submit it, therefore I would advise you to go early when it opens. Once you have your translated copies of your birth certificate and CONI you can submit these along with a medical certificate (You can pay 20 dinars to any doctor and get one) to the municipality where you intend to get married. Hope this makes sense...all the best xx

stephstanley

Hi Jenny,

I got married in March this year, and needed;

a) birth cert less than 21days old (but check with the place who marries you as some vary)
b) CONI, issed in UK less than 3 months old, take to embassy and they will translate, I paid 139dinars-although all prices went up in April so may be slightly more
c) medical cert for both u and hubby, many just get the doctors to sign and dont actually have blood tests
d) your guys birth cert
e) Photocopy of hubby id card
f) photocopy of id cards for your two witnesses
g) photocopy of the picture page of your passport
h)your guy needs a passport picture but you dont

good luck x

bellab

Hi Jenny,

I got married in March this year, and needed;

a) birth cert less than 21days old (but check with the place who marries you as some vary)
b) CONI, issed in UK less than 3 months old, take to embassy and they will translate, I paid 139dinars-although all prices went up in April so may be slightly more
c) medical cert for both u and hubby, many just get the doctors to sign and dont actually have blood tests
d) your guys birth cert
e) Photocopy of hubby id card
f) photocopy of id cards for your two witnesses
g) photocopy of the picture page of your passport
h)your guy needs a passport picture but you dont

good luck x
i had to give a passport photo too..

aljaye

Hi babes
Sorry havent added you on FB yet times going to so quick..ill add you now then Il email you.
Basically all of the above are correct..the CONI has to be translated in Tunis at the Embassy cost me £143 dinars,,also the birth cert has to be translated into French as well MIne cost me 30td in Sousse and was done in a day the places they do them are called "Traduction" and it has to be an offical translator and stamped.
The office in Kef did all our photocopying for us and you need the medical papers to show that you have seperate genes. Go to the local doctor in Kef he just signs the forms!! He didnt even see me just my passport!I didnt need a seperate photo they just took a copy of my passport.
You need to go in and hand all the papaerwork and Civil offiice. then you will see the Bodaya the day after who gives you a time for the wedding the next day..it may differ inb various parts of Tunisia but thats the Kef way!
Be prepared the Bodaya in Kef doesnt speak a great deal of English but does speak french..but he does his best x

JennyWren

Hi thanks everybody u r great on here i just want to make sure that i have done everything and i am a worrier lol. Also his family say that they r going to hire me a wedding dress but i am worried that maybe they do not do lots of plus sizes because i am a size 18 - 20 and i do not want to get there and they have not got one that fits so i was thinking i might just buy 1 in england and take with me. Has anybody hired a dress from tunisia before that have plus sizes, we r getting married in kef but maybe we will have to go to tunis to hire one because maybe more choice. Sorry for going on but its a very special day for me and i want everything to go right x

JennyWren

Hi babes
Sorry havent added you on FB yet times going to so quick..ill add you now then Il email you.
Basically all of the above are correct..the CONI has to be translated in Tunis at the Embassy cost me £143 dinars,,also the birth cert has to be translated into French as well MIne cost me 30td in Sousse and was done in a day the places they do them are called "Traduction" and it has to be an offical translator and stamped.
The office in Kef did all our photocopying for us and you need the medical papers to show that you have seperate genes. Go to the local doctor in Kef he just signs the forms!! He didnt even see me just my passport!I didnt need a seperate photo they just took a copy of my passport.
You need to go in and hand all the papaerwork and Civil offiice. then you will see the Bodaya the day after who gives you a time for the wedding the next day..it may differ inb various parts of Tunisia but thats the Kef way!
Be prepared the Bodaya in Kef doesnt speak a great deal of English but does speak french..but he does his best x
Hi alison i hope u r ok i would love to see ur pics x and thanks for ur reply we r getting married in kef so i was just wondering about this place called traduction i guess somewhere in tunis they would have one somewhere its just we are staying at his sisters in tunis for a couple of days because it is closer to the embassy. Do i need to hand the translated birth certificate into the embassy ? x

Jillimom

Hi Jenny - I got married ages ago (2001) but was able to rent my various dresses ( for henna, wedding etc.) and I was a size 16-18 at that time so I don't think you will have an issue. One word to the wise - these dresses are not the most comfortable in the world - make sure you try on quite a few before deciding since you will be in it for a while! Good luck...oh and I emailed you back on your questions...(0:

Jasmine

They dont require your B/C at the embassy :) Only they do the CONI ~ we had ours translated for 147 dinars. x

aljaye

Hi alison i hope u r ok i would love to see ur pics x and thanks for ur reply we r getting married in kef so i was just wondering about this place called traduction i guess somewhere in tunis they would have one somewhere its just we are staying at his sisters in tunis for a couple of days because it is closer to the embassy. Do i need to hand the translated birth certificate into the embassy ? x
Translated BC is for the office records in Kef only...there will be loads of traductions in Tunis, they gave me a list but as it was Friday they were closed in the afternoon so i went back to Sousse.
im gonna add you on facebook now x

anne susan

Marriage and Visa

Hi Jenny

So pleased for you. Ive been discussing marriage with my fiance. We are trying to decide where to get married. I love the idea of getting married in Tunisia and the party afterwards. We love each other dearly and already have a car and a baby horse (a present for my daughter from my fiance for her birthday). He loves my two children dearly as well. My daughter is 12 and my son almost 18)

Would you say it is easier to get married in Tunisia than UK?

Will it make any difference on the length of time to obtain Visa whether married in Tunisia or UK?

Second time round for me and it feels so right. I want a nice dress and have seen that there are plenty of hire shops in Tunisia. My daughter wants to be a bridesmaid and I would love my son to give me away.

Any advise/assistance would be great.

With best wishes to you both for your wedding

Anne (Hertfordshire)

Ros81

Hi Jenny

So pleased for you. Ive been discussing marriage with my fiance. We are trying to decide where to get married. I love the idea of getting married in Tunisia and the party afterwards. We love each other dearly and already have a car and a baby horse (a present for my daughter from my fiance for her birthday). He loves my two children dearly as well. My daughter is 12 and my son almost 18)

Would you say it is easier to get married in Tunisia than UK?

Will it make any difference on the length of time to obtain Visa whether married in Tunisia or UK?

Second time round for me and it feels so right. I want a nice dress and have seen that there are plenty of hire shops in Tunisia. My daughter wants to be a bridesmaid and I would love my son to give me away.

Any advise/assistance would be great.

With best wishes to you both for your wedding

Anne (Hertfordshire)
Hi Anne...Getting married in Tunisia is fairly straightforward as long as you have all the right paperwork (see above posts/appropriate threads) and it won't make any difference to lentgh of time for visa to be obtained...just give yourself plenty of time to organise your paperwork for the visa as it does take time to gather all the evidence. I'm sure you won't have any problems finding a dress in tunisia. Hope it all goes well for you xx

united4va

hope all r north african mates r doin well

was wonderin boys n girls if any1 is aware of a catering company in tunisia
that can lease cup glasses and that sort of stuff 2 me for a weddin in REJICHE a
few miles off MAHDIA i believe

and for the big question

does any1 have any idea where i can get fireworks coz u cant have an outdoor weddin without some of those

ANY REAL WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS IN TUNISIA that any1 aware of, i did post earlier askin about that and some1 said all the main venues whateva that means the thing is im not there now im comin from sunny ENGLAND in july

cheers

COME ON ENGLAND (on route to win the world cup)

mabell

hi have u tried the wedding shops coz u can hire chairs and stuff from them

caveatemptor

Special request from Grumpy Old Man, can you please not write in textspeak as some of us are too old to understand! lol

C

Cas

How about "because" in Latin, still shorter than English -Quod- anything to please lol. Can conjugate if required....:D

nikki2009

Hi i hope some one can help me, i am getting married on the 10th september 2010 to my amazing tunisian boyfriend, i have found my outfit for the day and also no that i need a CONI my full birth certificate and also a medical certificate from tunisia. All of this i have found out but one thing that really confuses me.

I am english and only speak english, he is tunisian and speaks like 8 differant languages, so what langugae will the wedding ceromony be conducted in, i am really worried about this i would ask my fiance but i think he will think i am crazy :p, could any of you that that been through a tunisian wedding please help my please.

shukran jazillan in advance

Nikki2009

lozz

Hi Nicki, my ceremony was in arabic but I was spoken to in english when it came to my bit, my details, parents details etc were said to me in english. Dont worry you wil be fine. xxxx