marrying in tunisia

nikki2009

thanks lozz i have been stressing over that for weeks and weeks, i have 1 other thing for you tho, my birth certificate has only got my moms name on it but it has not got my dads name on it, is this a problem x

lozz

thanks lozz i have been stressing over that for weeks and weeks, i have 1 other thing for you tho, my birth certificate has only got my moms name on it but it has not got my dads name on it, is this a problem x
Sorry nikki I really wouldnt know the answer to that, I wouldnt have thought it will make any difference hon as lots of people dont have their dads on birth cert. Cant see it being a problem at all. xxx

nikki2009

Sorry nikki I really wouldnt know the answer to that, I wouldnt have thought it will make any difference hon as lots of people dont have their dads on birth cert. Cant see it being a problem at all. xxx
thanks for your help hunni x x , what did you wear to get maried in x

lozz

thanks for your help hunni x x , what did you wear to get maried in x
Youre welcome, nothing flash just a strappy white maxi dress, I just had a simple wedding. What are you wearing? are you having a big wedding? bet you cant wait xxx

nikki2009

Youre welcome, nothing flash just a strappy white maxi dress, I just had a simple wedding. What are you wearing? are you having a big wedding? bet you cant wait xxx
i bet you looked lovely, no im not having a big wedding, but i am wearing a white and black corset and white hareem pants but the pants might change when the corset comes next month, i am overly excited i have changed my status on everything to 12 weeks and 1 day everyone on my blackberry cat thinks i am mad lol x x is your husband here yet x?

lozz

i bet you looked lovely, no im not having a big wedding, but i am wearing a white and black corset and white hareem pants but the pants might change when the corset comes next month, i am overly excited i have changed my status on everything to 12 weeks and 1 day everyone on my blackberry cat thinks i am mad lol x x is your husband here yet x?
no hes not here yet but hopefully soon, he had an appointment at the embassy in may but it was closed so just working on getting him a new date now. xx

nikki2009

no hes not here yet but hopefully soon, he had an appointment at the embassy in may but it was closed so just working on getting him a new date now. xx
i bet you cant wait, i am thinking to hide my husband im my suitecase a bringing him back lol, i no i cant but i can always hope.

at the moment i am so excited that i cant eat and cnt keep still lol x

annibee

hope all goes well for you nikki x

Soltef

Good luck,girls!

nikki2009

thank you all so much for you suppotive words, i think i need them as i have just found out my new in laws will now be attending the wedding i am so scared and no i need to lose weight now OMG STRESSSSSS lol

lynn

Hi Can anyone tell me if i can get a coni in tunisia or does it have to be in my city? thanks for any feedback Lynn xx

maynardlynne

u can get coni in tunisia but u have to be stay there 28days b4 hand i think.....someone will correct me if im wrong................xx

L

Lissy

If you live in the UK it is best to apply for the CONI there, much easier and less hassle. As far as I am aware, you have to have been in Tunisia for 3 weeks before you get the bans posted and then you have to wait three weeks. Once those three weeks are up you get the CONI.

If you are in the UK you only have to apply and wait 3 weeks...

I am sure someone who has been married more recently than I will let you know if there have been any changes. Gem might know more about posting the bans in Tunisia.

lynn

Thanks a lot peeps, they could'n fit me in here and i go next week so i guess i will have to make another trip later on. x

marie910

Hi guys im new to the forum and am after a bit of advice. I am in the process of planning for my wedding which is taking place in September. :) I am hoping that somebody on the site would be able to give me a bit of advice on the following questions.

1 - Can anybody recommend somewhere in Sousse where i can get my birth certificare translated into french? I know i can get it done at the Embassy, but i know its a lot more expensive.

2 - Does anyone know where we can get a doctors certificates done in Sousse, and how much it will cost?

3 - Has anybody been married in the town hall in Sousse? If so, whats the order of service like? I was in Sousse a fortnight ago but security wouldnt allow us into the building. All enquries were made at the information office, where they only spoke Arabic! :confused:

4 - I know after the wedding we have to get the wedding certificate stamped in 3 different places. One of these will obviously be where we get married, and another the Embassy in Tunis, but can anybody suggest where the third place should be? And also is there a timescale for this?

5 - Do the Embassy in Tunis translate the wedding certificate back into English (cost and timescale) or is it something i can do when i return back to the UK?

Sorry about all these question, but when i went to the Embassy they werent too helpful.

Thanks in advance

Caroline :D:eek:

L

Lissy

Hi guys im new to the forum and am after a bit of advice. I am in the process of planning for my wedding which is taking place in September. :) I am hoping that somebody on the site would be able to give me a bit of advice on the following questions.

1 - Can anybody recommend somewhere in Sousse where i can get my birth certificare translated into french? I know i can get it done at the Embassy, but i know its a lot more expensive. We got my BC done at the Embassy purely so that I knew everything would be ready in time! However, I got everything else eg. divorce papers, done by a translator in the Trocadero (by the station in Sousse). Not sure who now, was a while ago!!

2 - Does anyone know where we can get a doctors certificates done in Sousse, and how much it will cost? We got ours done in Hammam Sousse by a lovely doctor on the main road up to the Beladya. It cost us 10td/person and no tests were done. Some doctors will do the tests so you might wait for someone else to come back with alternative costs/doctors

3 - Has anybody been married in the town hall in Sousse? If so, whats the order of service like? I was in Sousse a fortnight ago but security wouldnt allow us into the building. All enquries were made at the information office, where they only spoke Arabic! :confused: Sorry, no, we married at a Notary office in Hammam Sousse. There was no "order of service" as such. They just confirmed I did not need a translator and that I would understand what was being said (I speak French and had a witness who spoke Arabic, French and English) and if we wanted Separation of assets or communal assets. They then went through the contract, asking if we wanted to marry and if the details were correct and then there was massive loads of signing to do!!!!

4 - I know after the wedding we have to get the wedding certificate stamped in 3 different places. One of these will obviously be where we get married, and another the Embassy in Tunis, but can anybody suggest where the third place should be? And also is there a timescale for this? Again, this seems to be done differently...we only got ours stamped by the Beladya - which the notary did for us. We never got the Embassy to stamp anything nor the Foreign Office in Tunis (which other European countries need. Things might now change with the new staff in the Embassy so please wait for someone who is getting married now - we married back in 2007.

5 - Do the Embassy in Tunis translate the wedding certificate back into English (cost and timescale) or is it something i can do when i return back to the UK? We got ours translated in Sousse at the Trocedero - acurate translation (As I said I speak French), good value and speedy.

Sorry about all these question, but when i went to the Embassy they werent too helpful. They have been a little bit up to the eye balls recently!!!!

Thanks in advance

Hope your big day is fabulous - September should still be beautiful weather wise but not too hot. Hope you come back and tell us all about it.

Philly

1 - Can anybody recommend somewhere in Sousse where i can get my birth certificare translated into french? I know i can get it done at the Embassy, but i know its a lot more expensive.

2 - Does anyone know where we can get a doctors certificates done in Sousse, and how much it will cost?

3 - Has anybody been married in the town hall in Sousse? If so, whats the order of service like? I was in Sousse a fortnight ago but security wouldnt allow us into the building. All enquries were made at the information office, where they only spoke Arabic! :confused:

4 - I know after the wedding we have to get the wedding certificate stamped in 3 different places. One of these will obviously be where we get married, and another the Embassy in Tunis, but can anybody suggest where the third place should be? And also is there a timescale for this?

5 - Do the Embassy in Tunis translate the wedding certificate back into English (cost and timescale) or is it something i can do when i return back to the UK?

Sorry about all these question, but when i went to the Embassy they werent too helpful.

Thanks in advance

Me & my husband got married in Sousse Almenshia hammam sousse, I got my bloods done in ireland and took the report with me to doctor in sousse used this and she just done a quick check up i think it cost 20 euro there not 100%
my husband didnt get his bloods done before we went to doctor so she sent him to a Medical centre to get them done and had results the next day was about 40 euro for the bloods for him.
next day we went back to doc and she ticket all the boxes on the medical report so we were ready to take this to municipal.
Before you go to municipal you need all your papers.
We also got a marrage certificate translated in Sousse for 14 euro he had it done in 2 hours i dont know the address ill ask my husband, that price was great because in ireland i paid 30 euro for my birth certificate.
The service there was great when we got married once all the paper work is done then you choose a date, we went back 2 days later to get married and went in a different entrance to the office.
Is your fiance Tunisian? he can do alot of the research for you he would know better
my husband is algerian so we had to do it all when we got there.
But im sure if you fiance goes there he can get the info and exact prices from doctors and municipal.
Im sure the doctors vary and the prices i gave you may differ

maynardlynne

Thanks in advance

hi u dont aactually get marriage certificate stamped at the embassy. u take it to the foreign minsitry in tunis to get this stamped.where u get married they will tell u where to get 2nd stamp.
we were married last september but didnt actually get 2nd and 3rd stamp until january 2010.
dont get anything translated at the embassy, costs to much money, the only thing that must be translated at the embassy is your no impediment.
there is a place in tunis that will translated everything for u.we did that just bc we were all ready in tunis at the time......

sparkle

congratulations on your wedding, hope your plans come together for you, Im sure lots of members can advise.