marrying in tunisia

Essem

Staff member
Greetings redrum and welcome to the forum!

redrum

Thank you for the welcome! I have been on the forum a few times before but have never actually joined the site. I live in Hammamet with my husband.

Cheryl

Thank you for the welcome! I have been on the forum a few times before but have never actually joined the site. I live in Hammamet with my husband.

I'll be going to Hammamet soon. Maybe I'll see you there xxx

stacey

English women and tunisian man

Hi

I am new to this but if anyone can help, i have met a tunisian man he is 7 yrs my junior and he states age between us does not matter. whilst i was there we always met up most mornings b4 he started work and every evening when he finished. He does seem sincere but how can you tell?? He took me to his parents house for dinner quite a few times and i was introduced to his family and they are all lovely. He also bought me gifts whilst i was there, he states he really loves me and that i am the one for him also that he wished he could pay for everything for me but we did take turns to pay for things. since i have been back in England he texts me everyday quite a few times and every other day phones me which i know is expensive for him and myself. i have planned to go back this year to spend time with him. is this real do you think??

Patrice

Banned
Hi

I am new to this but if anyone can help, i have met a tunisian man he is 7 yrs my junior and he states age between us does not matter. whilst i was there we always met up most mornings b4 he started work and every evening when he finished. He does seem sincere but how can you tell?? He took me to his parents house for dinner quite a few times and i was introduced to his family and they are all lovely. He also bought me gifts whilst i was there, he states he really loves me and that i am the one for him also that he wished he could pay for everything for me but we did take turns to pay for things. since i have been back in England he texts me everyday quite a few times and every other day phones me which i know is expensive for him and myself. i have planned to go back this year to spend time with him. is this real do you think??

:) Welcome aboard Stacey :)

Like Enya's lyrics say
"Who can say
where the road goes
where the day flows
only time

And who can say
if your love grows
as your heart chose
only time "

xxx

Essem

Staff member
Hi Stacey and welcome to the forum.

You'll find quite a few threads on here already covering this topic -it's greatly discussed!

Good luck...

Trulymadlydeeply

Welcome Stacey, when do plan to go back and see him? Im sure we will be hearing from you soon.....;~)

Cheryl

Welcome Stacey

Hope you enjoy it here xxx

delly

hey iv jus had my wedding owt in sousse (28th aug) and it was beautiful!
yh they r all ryte all u need is the cert of no imped which needs to b aleast 3weeks before the wedding but it last 4 3 months. the birth cert has to b a new original but it cnt b any older than 3weeks. a quick tip when u go to the embassy to get the cert of no imped translated they might ask u if u want ur birth cert translating say no coz it costs like 130 dinar. u can get it done for like 10 dinar in any embassy registered office outside of the embassy. that what i did and it was ok.
hope that i was sum help

delly

yh kassie is ryte the date on the CONI will b the 22nd day (ie the day after the '21 day display period' is ova) but it onli last 4 3 months am not sure bout the medical cert but we got are's the day b4 the wedding and it was ok. all we had to do 4 that was take my passort and his id card to a local doctors sign some paper and pay 20 dinars. not much to it really

K

Kassie

...your birth certificate....need to be full one ....most cases no more than 21 days old. CONI....this is displayed (in England) 21 days....you collect on 22nd day....valid for 3 months and starts from day dated....medical certificate...i never had to do it...husband went to have his in Tunis...i never had to! Don't know why.

These docs have to be translated to french/arabic ...yes. CONI ... translated at embassy... the others ... it does not matter so much? Does this help? I hope so! xxxx....

stacey

Thanks for all your welcomes it seems very good here. yes i do pick up some tips but it really does not show me things i should be weary of. this is all very new to me and i am very weary and feel this could be unessasery

stacey

I'm married to a Tunisian too. We live in the UK bot plan to live in Tunisia when I retire. How are things for you?

I've lived in Tunisia 5 years now, work for a british tour company. It took me a while to completely adapt to the different lifestyle and I always look for ward to going home once a year, but once home a couple of weeks, I'm desperate to get back here. I wouldn't be able to live here without my job though.

Hi there redrum what british tour company do you work for and how hard is it to get a job in tunisia??

Jasmine

Stacey....
Hi sorry i never welcomed you previously....When do you plan on going back to tunisia?
xxx

michelle

Hiya,

i am michelle am british and live in holland i am supposed to be getting married in november that's if all comes ok... I have applied for the certificate of non impetiment and that will be done on oct 18. my question is what else would i need to take, and what will my husband to be need to do there. see we talk in english but sometimes it is a struggle to let one an other know what you mean... hi hi.

Any info is welciome.. Thanks very much

Natalie M

hi, im planning 2 get married nxt yr? havent a clue what i really need 2 do. so any help wud b gud. plus can i ask what made u decided to stay in tunisia n live there? did u get a job out there?

Cathibou

Natalie M and Michelle

There is loads of information on this site on weddings and visa's please read back over previous threads, all the questions you ask will be answered.

C x

crazypink

sousse municipality

has any1 married at sousse municipality?? can u remember how much it was 2 marry there??:confused::confused:

pej

Like the others have stated, no it is not legally possible for two non-Tunisians to have an official wedding or similar ceremony that will be legally registered. A blessing as suggested above, which does not need to involve any paperwork, is of course possible, but nothing legally binding.

rebecca

Hi can any one tell me how you go about registering a marriage in england.. Do you have to do through the embassy in Tunis

Thanks Becky x