marrying in tunisia

scotty_bambam

The embassy have told me to go to them for the CONI to be translated and it would be translated there and then?

Im assuming the blood tests will be in arabic or french anyway if there are done by a Tunisian doctor.
Oh good.glad you heard it from the horses mouth yes the test results will be in French..again my husband organised thatoh and your marriage is legal in the u.k you don't have to do anything.

sass

I married in August, yes you must still go to the Embassy to have your CONI translated into French and make an appointment to do this, it costs 200 dinars and you must be there in person, it takes 30 minutes to do, we had everything translated into Arabic too as our notaire required this

sass

At a translator BTW

Rachel ambrose

Oh good.glad you heard it from the horses mouth yes the test results will be in French..again my husband organised thatoh and your marriage is legal in the u.k you don't have to do anything.
Thank you so much! It really does sound easy!

Do you now love in Tunisia or the UK?

scotty_bambam

Thank you so much! It really does sound easy!

Do you now love in Tunisia or the UK?
I'm in the UK.I don't want to live in Tunisia. Submitting visa in 5 days.we've been married one year on Friday.

Rachel ambrose

I'm in the UK.I don't want to live in Tunisia. Submitting visa in 5 days.we've been married one year on Friday.
What things have you had to go through for the visa? Did you start to apply straight away after your wedding?

scotty_bambam

What things have you had to go through for the visa? Did you start to apply straight away after your wedding?
Stress stress and more stress.I wasn't earning enough and was desperately searching another job,then my boss increased my hours so now got payslips may to October. Seems like 10 years since we married and I've not seen him since Christmas,so I hope well be together soon I'm rubbish with paperwork but fingers crossed.

Rachel ambrose

Stress stress and more stress.I wasn't earning enough and was desperately searching another job,then my boss increased my hours so now got payslips may to October. Seems like 10 years since we married and I've not seen him since Christmas,so I hope well be together soon I'm rubbish with paperwork but fingers crossed.
Thats sad to hear you have not seen him since Christmas! I hope you see him soon!

I have looked into going through a migration solicitor to sort the paperwork to make sure i get it right!

scotty_bambam

Thats sad to hear you have not seen him since Christmas! I hope you see him soon!

I have looked into going through a migration solicitor to sort the paperwork to make sure i get it right!
Some do depends on finances.you can get free advice from citizens advice immigration lawyer.I'll be seeing him next week.( hub not lawyer lol)

robinrobin

I am looking to marry a Tunisian man in October but I need to know what paperwork is needed before I go ahead can anyone help?
You will need your birth certificate not a copy, any divorce decrees you might have, and $50 lol. I married in tunisia and im here now again, waiting with my husband for his visa, you will make an appointment with the embassy and fill out a form then both of you will go to a doctor for exam, take these papers back to the ebsassy and take vows that all is true in your paperwork then your free to marry

scotty_bambam

You will need your birth certificate not a copy, any divorce decrees you might have, and $50 lol. I married in tunisia and im here now again, waiting with my husband for his visa, you will make an appointment with the embassy and fill out a form then both of you will go to a doctor for exam, take these papers back to the ebsassy and take vows that all is true in your paperwork then your free to marry
And don't forget they have to pay 10 dinar for you!

Rachel ambrose

Some do depends on finances.you can get free advice from citizens advice immigration lawyer.I'll be seeing him next week.( hub not lawyer lol)
I hope everything will go smoothly for you now!

Mrs K

@scotty_bambam good luck with your visa application we have all this to come! Ive just got back from tunisia, we got married while I was there :) :) can I ask when you got married, did you have to register it in the UK? My husband is getting our marriage certificate translated for me in english so i can change my passport etc, but not sure where else I need to do it, with the registry office here? also should he send me the original one in arabic aswel as the english translated one?

scotty_bambam

@scotty_bambam good luck with your visa application we have all this to come! Ive just got back from tunisia, we got married while I was there :) :) can I ask when you got married, did you have to register it in the UK? My husband is getting our marriage certificate translated for me in english so i can change my passport etc, but not sure where else I need to do it, with the registry office here? also should he send me the original one in arabic aswel as the english translated one?

Congratulations.. You dong need to register anything in in.it's recognised here .I've kept my name cos of the hassle of paperwork.SL many things. Bank work. Doctor. Housing..etc..

scotty_bambam

Congratulations.. You dong need to register anything in in.it's recognised here .I've kept my name cos of the hassle of paperwork.SL many things. Bank work. Doctor. Housing..etc..
Excuse auto correct. Why it corrects it to something that's nonsense baffles me.

Mrs K

ahh thanks for that, i didnt think i needed to but just wanted to check seeing as you have already gone through this!
i hope you have a wonderful time in tunisia, it rained a few days i was there but very hot the other days, hope the nice weather stays around for you :)