marrying in tunisia

scotty_bambam

ahh thanks for that, i didnt think i needed to but just wanted to check seeing as you have already gone through this!
i hope you have a wonderful time in tunisia, it rained a few days i was there but very hot the other days, hope the nice weather stays around for you :)
I don't.I'm taking winter clothes and long boots.lol

Mrs K

ahaha yeah might be wise for night time definitely! have a lovely time either way :)

Rachel ambrose

2 years

2 years and
7 months.I took some persuading.lol
I havnt taken so long but i keep thinking why wait?! I really hope your having a great time in Tunisia! Let me know how it went x

Rachel ambrose

@scotty_bambam good luck with your visa application we have all this to come! Ive just got back from tunisia, we got married while I was there :) :) can I ask when you got married, did you have to register it in the UK? My husband is getting our marriage certificate translated for me in english so i can change my passport etc, but not sure where else I need to do it, with the registry office here? also should he send me the original one in arabic aswel as the english translated one?

Congratulations on your big day! This forum had deffinitely helped me with finding information out and calming my mind!

scotty_bambam

I havnt taken so long but i keep thinking why wait?! I really hope your having a great time in Tunisia! Let me know how it went x
It was exhausting like everything in Tunis! But his appointment went smoothly.only about 20 minutes.they accepted our big big wad of Facebook messages.( my friends hubby they wanted to give some back) so now its just the wait.x

Njt11

I'm after a bit of advice please!! I am due to get married at start of April, my Dad is unable to travel because of doctors advice, my auntie and uncle were going to come but now my uncle doesn't want her to because of the current situation and my uncle won't come either. I have 2 children and their dad won't let them come. I can understand everyone's reasons and they would be there if the travel advice was different. Although I planned to do some form of celebration in England (obviously if visa successful) will this go against us for the visa? The fact that none of my family will be there? Thanks X

Trulymadlydeeply

I doubt it very much under the circumstances

Njt11

Thanks, they are all going to write letters in support of the visa and my dad will be able to get some kind of confirmation from doctor explaining situation.

sass

Thanks, they are all going to write letters in support of the visa and my dad will be able to get some kind of confirmation from doctor explaining situation.
I didn't have any family there, for me I didn't mind, who would travel there with the worsening situation? Also my first marriage in Morocco was just me again as I was young and married without telling anyone! I can't see a problem as long as the relationship is genuine, I would personally get married in a paper bag! Being with my husband for life is more important than just 1 day x

robinrobin

It wont be a problem your family cant be there,i married in tunis 2 yrs ago. Mine coulnt be there. When you file the petition. Also send affidavits. From family and friends thst they know about your marriage.they dont have to be notarized, also dont forget your birth certificate, original if you have it and the long form.also any divorce decrees.good luck and best wishes.tunisia is beautiful as the people are

Njt11

Yeah that's exactly what I think @sass I'm not so bothered I hate attention of any kind , it would've been nice for everyone to meet each other but that will just be at a later date I suppose! I've just got back from Tunisia and got my CONI translated at the embassy, that will be valid for 3 months so will be fine for April. Now the birth certificate, we did get one translated within 21 days but it will be over 21 days when we marry, will I need another? That's fine if so, just so I can get another!! I know I need the blood tests too but The long form and affidavits @robinrobin ???!!

robinrobin

We didnt do a blood test .just a few simple questions from a doctor.when you go to the embassy to apply for marriage certificate. Its 50 tnd.they will give you a form of what you need..we used a doctor close to the embassy

robinrobin

My husband is in tunis.he was denied at first then reaffirmed jan 24 3016 its on its way to embassy now to be issued with no other interview , ive been twice to tunis and stay 3 mo each time

robinrobin

Auto correct.jan 13 2016

robinrobin

Birth certificate. Doesnt expires for that,your fine

robinrobin

My birth certificate Was a short one I had to send for original certificate with parents name on it