marrying in tunisia

Njt11

Okay thanks for this you've been really helpful xx @robinrobin

sass

Yeah that's exactly what I think @sass I'm not so bothered I hate attention of any kind , it would've been nice for everyone to meet each other but that will just be at a later date I suppose! I've just got back from Tunisia and got my CONI translated at the embassy, that will be valid for 3 months so will be fine for April. Now the birth certificate, we did get one translated within 21 days but it will be over 21 days when we marry, will I need another? That's fine if so, just so I can get another!! I know I need the blood tests too but The long form and affidavits @robinrobin ???!!
Both our birth certificates had to be less than 21 days old, as they record all births marriages on it, it has to be recent so yes you will need a new one as will your fiancé, otherwise you won't be able to marry. No my husband isn't here yet, haven't applied for visa yet, will do so later this year as we want everything to be right. Both my husband and I married for the second time so it's not quite like the first time. Good luck! Are you having a honeymoon? Xx

robinrobin

Your welcome anytime! And as far as dangerous. There.the attacks are focused on military. And police, and thats strange my husband had his orginal certificate. Nothing said about 21 days.although after marriage. And your husband goes for interview. He will need the birth certificate. With your marriage on it.

Njt11

Thankyou, I will get a new one in time for going!! Ive done the CONI and that's translated and will be valid for marriage, so I don't need anything else from uk do I??!! Just translate new birth Certs for both us and the blood test?? That right??? Sorry I'm terrified I forget something!!! I am going for a fortnight and we marry the weekend in between, maybe go to a different part of Tunisia for a few days. Hope to apply for visa by June (was meant to be April but I was flooded in December so can't apply until I'm back home). We went to morocco with my children last year after change in travel advice so would hope to be able to do something similar later in the year when we are all together!! It was nice that neither of us were on home turf xxx when did you marry?? @sass

sass

Thankyou, I will get a new one in time for going!! Ive done the CONI and that's translated and will be valid for marriage, so I don't need anything else from uk do I??!! Just translate new birth Certs for both us and the blood test?? That right??? Sorry I'm terrified I forget something!!! I am going for a fortnight and we marry the weekend in between, maybe go to a different part of Tunisia for a few days. Hope to apply for visa by June (was meant to be April but I was flooded in December so can't apply until I'm back home). We went to morocco with my children last year after change in travel advice so would hope to be able to do something similar later in the year when we are all together!! It was nice that neither of us were on home turf xxx when did you marry?? @sass
I got married in August under extreme heat and was there for 3 weeks. You have everything you need, if you have been married before, you need your divorce certificate...translated, that's about it really, seemed so simple in the end. I left hubby to deal with the paperwork afterwards at the ministries, his job not mine! lol Make sure you take your passport to the wedding, have a wonderful time xx

Njt11

Haha I think I might do that too!!!thanks you've been so helpful!!! Wow that'll have been a warm wedding I bet!! Can't wait xxx

annibee

Your welcome anytime! And as far as dangerous. There.the attacks are focused on military. And police, and thats strange my husband had his orginal certificate. Nothing said about 21 days.although after marriage. And your husband goes for interview. He will need the birth certificate. With your marriage on it.
sorry but i hardly think the tourists at the bardo museum or the tourists on the beach that sadly died would agree that the 'attacks are focused on the military' the few tourists that are still returning to tunisia are relatively safe but if the FCO changes the advice and tourists started going en masse again it may be a diffrent story also yesterday the state of emergency was extended for another month so please dont be too complacent there and take care

Jane BM

Who told you that? 60 innocent holidaymakers were killed last year.....in both the Bardo attack and Sousse....the attacks were very much focused on tourists.

Trulymadlydeeply

Only the latest attack in Tunis was targeted at Government officials... Both others were tourists...

robinrobin

I dont mean to sound as im belittling the attacks.i was there at the last attack.it happened within 10 mns of our apartment.we shopped at the market judt days befor where it happened.i also visited and took supplirs and money to the mother and family of the 16 yr old shepard boy who was beheaded.trust me id never belittle thst, but we believe behind all these attacks are toward the goverment.innocent people died for that.you just have to be aware Of your surroundings. But all in all its safe.. at least i felt this way.

Scottochott

I dont mean to sound as im belittling the attacks.i was there at the last attack.it happened within 10 mns of our apartment.we shopped at the market judt days befor where it happened.i also visited and took supplirs and money to the mother and family of the 16 yr old shepard boy who was beheaded.trust me id never belittle thst, but we believe behind all these attacks are toward the goverment.innocent people died for that.you just have to be aware Of your surroundings. But all in all its safe.. at least i felt this way.
Don't confuse political unrest and dissatisfaction with the government, and terrorist attacks against tourists

audri

hi I got married to a Tunisian man last November I had to bring passport , birth cert , letter of impediment ,and had to go to Canadian embassy to have verification that i am free to marry in Tunisia, we have been married 8 mths now and only spent 2 weeks together as married couple, we communicate daily via messenger video and text, i am returning next month for 3 weeks, we have done all paperwork for immigration to get his permanent approved .We are happy he is younger and his family are wonderful people they message me and do video with me also . so far so good ..he is a wonderful man and treats me like a princess.