Meeting visa criteria

HannahElizabeth

Hello all! It's so lovely to find somewhere with actual information and true experiences!
I hope everyone is well and safe!

I have one burning question....
Does anyone know if because I live in a council house with my mother this will hinder mine and my fiancés application for settlement in the uk?? Would it make more sense for me to find my own place?? It's just so expensive!and with planning a wedding I need to save as much money as possible!! We are getting married next year in August and we will have been together for 2 years! I have just started a new job which means I will now meet the income criteria! I feel I am one step closer to having my man at my side !!

We both love each other and are ready to start our family and life together forever!!!
I feel I have been lucky and dodged the bezness men and found my knight in shining armour!! He takes care of me! And makes me feel safe and loved! If anyone is able to shed some light on my subject I would be eternally grateful!
Inshallah someone can help me
Hamdullah if anyone can help me x. Also any other useful information would be welcomed with open arms! It's so heartwarming and reassuring reading positive experiences and approved visas! And I hope everyone can be with the person they love. I feel maybe because I am so scared it will be denied and our dreams will be crushed that I have over complicating it. If anyone can simplify what documents, information we need from both sides and the best way to apply I would be so happy!! Thank you.... Shokrun barcha

Last edited:

scotty_bambam

Hello all! It's so lovely to find somewhere with actual information and true experiences!
I hope everyone is well and safe!

I have one burning question....
Does anyone know if because I live in a council house with my mother this will hinder mine and my fiancés application for settlement in the uk?? Would it make more sense for me to find my own place?? It's just so expensive!and with planning a wedding I need to save as much money as possible!! We are getting married next year in August and we will have been together for 2 years! I have just started a new job which means I will now meet the income criteria! I feel I am one step closer to having my man at my side !!

We both love each other and are ready to start our family and life together forever!!!
I feel I have been lucky and dodged the bezness men and found my knight in shining armour!! He takes care of me! And makes me feel safe and loved! If anyone is able to shed some light on my subject I would be eternally grateful!
Inshallah someone can help me
Hamdullah if anyone can help me x. Also any other useful information would be welcomed with open arms! It's so heartwarming and reassuring reading positive experiences and approved visas! And I hope everyone can be with the person they love. I feel maybe because I am so scared it will be denied and our dreams will be crushed that I have over complicating it. If anyone can simplify what documents, information we need from both sides and the best way to apply I would be so happy!! Thank you.... Shokrun barcha
Hi,
Your landlord can write you a letter stating maximum people allowed in the property.one bedroom is 2 people ..two bedroom is 4 people.but you need this in writing along with tenancy agreement.

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Hannah and welcome to the forum, is your mum ok with him moving in with you both?

HannahElizabeth

Yes she is ☺ because he makes me happy! So because the house is in her name I just hope it won't mean a decline straight away!! If she is okay with him living with us and it's a 3 bedroom house, does it sound like it should be okay?

Shazza100

what sort of visa is he applying for? Either way, he will need to show adequate accommodation. As long as you can prove the house will not be overcrowded and he can live there (e.g. does he need council permission?), then should be ok...but check the criteria.

sass

Many moons ago, my ex-husband and I applied for his visa ( Morocco) , the accommodation criteria has not changed since this time and I was sharing a house with my brother, the visa was successful, this was pre-internet days, so no help available at that time. The main consideration is that the accommodation is not overcrowded and he has permission/invitiation to live there. If you go to the visa website, you can actually download the visa application and guidance notes and appendix 2, this gives all the information and criteria you need to meet, it is handy to have this to refer to even though applications are all online, if you need more details, there are sub-sections which give all the official jargon.

HannahElizabeth

I am sorry to hear he is now your ex husband! I hope life is treating you well despite!!
Thank you so much for your help, you have defiantly made me feel more confidant with applying now!
Take care x.

sass

Thanks Hannah, we are still best friends and have 2 beautiful children together, I am now happily married to a lovely Tunisian man, hence my appearance on this website, I have yet to go through all the visa process with him,things have definitely changed though, my ex-husband and I both had interviews and we left that day with his visa!

Me and my husband done our visa in 2012 and got it first time and i was living back home with my dad at the time. Just make sure you put a letter in from your mum and anyone else living with you stating they are happy to share the house with the 2 of you and a letter from your landlord you also have to show proof that the house wont be over crowded. Hope that helps and good luck