Menu in Ramadhan?

MellieC

FoxyRoxie89

Not seen one around here either, so must be a sousse thing (like Essem said)

gem15

Its the 1st time i have seen this too. :)

MellieC

Rox, i was thinking maybe send S to go get one, keep AJ amused with it ROTFL

Gem ~ should it go on the menu?

Essem is it kind of doughy like a bagel?

Essem

Staff member
Rox, i was thinking maybe send S to go get one, keep AJ amused with it ROTFL

Gem ~ should it go on the menu?

Essem is it kind of doughy like a bagel?
First time I'd seen one too!

Yes sour dough type not sweet and with cardamon seeds (-and crunchy with the eggshell) there must be a knack in peeling an egg encased in pastry!!!

Reliable source said it's a Sousse thing! Donkey's, cousin's, camel's aunt etc

lainie

looks like a hot cross bun

lainie

think we are being cross cultural and multi-religious again

C

Cas

Trying to get the Sacrificial/Eid connection dense that I am with egg in little basket. Yes Lainie my first thought was that.

gabriel612

It does look similar to a hot cross bun, never seen or heard of it before either. Asked hubby if he is having that tomorrow, he said he doesn't know what mjama3 is and he won't be eating lots of alouch just a bit, never heard him use bit before he usually says little, he must be picking up the way I speak, God help him with my broad Northern accent. Eeeh by gum....lol

gabriel612

I just asked him to say alouch in English coz I know what he says and it makes me laugh he calls it lamp and says it like that...bless he gets his b's and p's mixed up.

Essem

Staff member
Trying to get the Sacrificial/Eid connection dense that I am with egg in little basket. Yes Lainie my first thought was that.
Could it be a little bit like our easter eggs?

C

Cas

New Birth-egg, rebirth of spring for us, cleansing and rebirth of soul for Muslims?

Essem

Staff member
Could be! And it's made in the shape of a mosque

ROULLA

Lovely - had to pick bits of shell out of the pastry when the egg cracked though.

Does this progress from egg in pastry to chicken in a basket I wonder?
Hi Essem hope that you are well! I have never seen his in Tunisia but what i can tell you is that the Greeks also make these at Easter time just for decoration but with the egg coloured.. Just asked your good friend and he also said that he has never seen this before.. He also sends you hugs and hopes that you are well x x:)

Essem

Staff member
Hi Roulla, Yes it seems to be a Sousse thing! Kindest regards to my friend. Have a wonderful day!