Need advice what i need to marry a tunisian man in tunisia

Ooh I sparkss

Hi I'm looking to marry my boyfriend in tunisia in October but we have both been married before and we both divorced do I need to fly bands in england heard something about a cni do I need that birth certificate etc please help its driving me crazy

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I dont quite understand everything you have typed.

First thing why are you doing this when you are getting married to a Tunisian in Tunisia? I hope he is not leaving it all to you.

Now find out the registry office where you are getting married and then ask them what you need.

I say this as that is the person who will be doing everything and if they dont want x/y/z it wont happen.

a CONI is a certificate of no impediment to marry.

Basically ask you local registry office and they will do this for you there is also a procedure in the embassy check with the registry office as when i did mine all by the book the main an wanted it from Norwich and under 14 days old which was insane but i did it.

You will also need decrees from the finalisation of both your divorced etc.

make sure you get a good translator and also get your wedding contract translated.

There are two versions unless it changed

share everything or keep everything separate

if he is rich choose the first if he is poor choose the second!

MO2915

"if he is rich choose the first if he is poor choose the second! " :):)

Op doesn't make sense though.

Ooh I sparkss

Think on about a prenup what's his is his what's mines mine simple

Polly1972

"if he is rich choose the first if he is poor choose the second! " :):)

Op doesn't make sense though.
If he is wealthy then it makes sense that in the event you divorce you share his assets. If he is not wealthy and you are bringing more financially to the marriage then it makes sense to keep what is yours.

If he is in Tunisia then he should be able to tell you exactly what is required regarding paperwork by the Tunisian authorities. There is advice on Gov. UK websites or other websites for different countries about marrying foreign nationals abroad. The key is to have every document translated, authorised and in triplicate!

MO2915

OP(original poster) needs to go to the Town hall or wherever legal, when getting married and sign one of the the 2 options that Kris talked about. It is a legal requirement now in Tunisia I think. Either you share or you don't. Like in the UK. It all boils down to trust and how well you know each other. So Tunisian, British or Martian, It's your choice and pot luck.