Need recommendation for low price (under 20tnd per meal) restaurant in North of Tunis Burbs

TunisianYankee

Looking for a good place to go for dinner in L'aouina, LaMarsa, Carthage, SidiBouSaid, Lac1/Lac2 or other nearby areas. Recommendations?

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
If its a nice simple sandwich type meal have a plate at the Beirut cafe/restaurant near carthage travel agency/Hotel Concorde.

I always stop for lunch there.

missmetal

Looking for a good place to go for dinner in L'aouina, LaMarsa, Carthage, SidiBouSaid, Lac1/Lac2 or other nearby areas. Recommendations?
I got sick from one of those places in Sidi Bou Said. :-/

Mezoo

VIP Member
so, your looking for a cheap meal in the most expensive places in Tunisia?

missmetal

I dont know the name of the place, but as you come down the hill/market from the view point to the circle its on the left. Its like a Schwaramer place but has other dinner type items too.

I should have known better as when we were ordering, the way the staff were handling food was just not good. No flies around so I was happy about that and took the chance...i regretted it the next day. So I wont be recommending that place, although it was probably the cheapest place to eat. 7 or 9 dinars for the schwarmer and chips type plate of food we had.

Mezoo

VIP Member
never eat "Schwaramer" in tunis. got to go to the middle east for the real deal. it's junk anywhere in Tunisia. not a "home grown" classic. give me a "quescrute" loaded with French fries anytime.

TunisianYankee

Mezoo,

Yes, This area is very expensive and I'm looking for a less expensive place to eat. That's why I am asking for the recommendation here to see if anyone has found such place. Also, I have had OK, Shawarma here but you're right, it's nothing like what I would get when I lived in Lebanon. ZOMG, I gained 15 pounds living there!

Miss Metal, Thanks for the heads up, I think I know which place you're talking about and I'll be sure to avoid it!

Last edited:

TunisianYankee

If its a nice simple sandwich type meal have a plate at the Beirut cafe/restaurant near carthage travel agency/Hotel Concorde.

I always stop for lunch there.
Thanks, I'm on it!

TunisianYankee

Kris, I checked out their Facebook page and looks great and not too expensive. Turns out they just opened a location not far from me in L'Aouina. I'm dying for authentic Lebanese food.

TunisianYankee

I went to the location of Comptoirs de Beyrouth in Aouina. It wasn't great. The shish tawook and kefta were precooked and reheated to order and tasted overcooked and dry, the fattoush had the veggies cut WAY too large for fattoush and was at least a day old and I'm assuming was only making an appearance to fill up space on the plate because it was inedible. We didn't order the manaeesh but I watched the server making some and she did NOT know what she was doing at all... on the plus side the hummus was really good and thume was delish.

I think if the food had been FRESH it might have been pretty good. I'll try the Marsa location and see if I have better luck.

Essem

Staff member
Recommending any restaurant in Tunisia is, IMO, always hit or miss. I've had wonderful meals in restaurants and then following visit, not so good. They never seem to be consistent.

Last edited:

hannan

The Comptoir Beyrouth in Lac 1 is pretty good! I've been to Lebanon 3 times so I feel safe in recommending it!