Need Your Help on Travelling Matter

Aslemma

I was trying to be diplomatic Jane, as I wasn't sure if it was a favourite resort of anyone on here

I know mobility scooters can be hired quite cheaply in Tunisia Roulla, and indeed will take the phone number of the company with me, but the state of the pavements is inclined to put me off. Added to which, at present I would need full waiter service as I couldn't cope with getting food from a buffet.

ROULLA

I was trying to be diplomatic Jane, as I wasn't sure if it was a favourite resort of anyone on here

I know mobility scooters can be hired quite cheaply in Tunisia Roulla, and indeed will take the phone number of the company with me, but the state of the pavements is inclined to put me off. Added to which, at present I would need full waiter service as I couldn't cope with getting food from a buffet.
Hi Aslemma, How are you feeling today?
You are 100% correct when you speak about the conditions of the roads, they really are dreadful. I have to say that I don't think Tunisia caters for any kind of disability, I really do feel for those who don't have any kind of help in Tunisia.
The last time my mum came out she looked at me and asked where the man was??
I didn't have a clue as to what she was asking until she held her back, she was waiting for some sort of Prince charming to collect her from the plane into a wheelchair,,,, She would have waited all day.. It took nearly an hour by the time we reached the luggage as its quite a walk from the aircraft to the luggage....They should invest in the type of buggy type car that they have at the airport here,,,,,I wouldn't hold my breath ;)
I had to sing,Kylie Minogue I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY to her.

Lovinglife

Is it safe to go Tunisia this summer?

amine

Nothing to worry about all good there is no place i didnt hangout in with my gf lol its just not active like usual.

Scottochott

It is irresponsible to say there is nothing to worry about, the terrorist threat is still there. Having said that the threat is everywhere these days and you have to be mindful of the relative risks wherever you go. Follow the advice of your own government and local conditions. Things are currently calm in the main tourist areas, but that's what they thought on Kantaoui beaches last year before they were gunned down.

I am going next week, but will certainly modify my behaviour and think carefully about where I go. For those who know the country and people there it is easier, but I don't think this is the best time for a first visit or to go off the beaten track

Aslemma

I have found a lot of help at the airport over the years, the first time when I'd sliced my foot open on a pirate boat and on another occasion when my arm was in plaster with a broken elbow. A wheelchair was provided on both occasions. Last year I had been advised to ask for help and I was met at the door of the plane. I'm more concerned about being out and about in Sousse itself. Every hotel Ive been in has gone out of their way to help guests who had diffilcuties but it's a different story outside.

Essem

Staff member
Nothing to worry about all good there is no place i didnt hangout in with my gf lol its just not active like usual.

A sweeping statement amine and have to disagree.

I'm not long back and have to say that most places are deserted, foreigners there really stand out now 'cos there are so few of them, not many people out at night, and people I spoke to are wary and, above all, vigilant.

Security forces, army/national guard and police are set up at roundabouts and they travel up and down the streets in convoys of the 3 forces.

Every vehicle entering a hotel is searched, inside and out, underneath.

Security is high at Tunis Carthage, queues for departure area were double lines outside to pass through body and luggage scanners, passport control area has extra security set up where you have to use 2 trays for your items, and departure gates have someone there sweeping hands, passports, hand luggage and any electrical items for traces of explosives.

Things are not normal.

Lovinglife

It is irresponsible to say there is nothing to worry about, the terrorist threat is still there. Having said that the threat is everywhere these days and you have to be mindful of the relative risks wherever you go. Follow the advice of your own government and local conditions. Things are currently calm in the main tourist areas, but that's what they thought on Kantaoui beaches last year before they were gunned down.

I am going next week, but will certainly modify my behaviour and think carefully about where I go. For those who know the country and people there it is easier, but I don't think this is the best time for a first visit or to go off the beaten track
Oh yes I hope u have fun lucky u

Lovinglife

I can't wait to go up there ?

Lovinglife

some one send me a pic and I can't see it how do I see the pic In A private sector ..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 4

Lovinglife

I have some one that will keep me safe but yeah it will be my first visit. Of course I won't walking around all my my self.have to see it to believe it. I want to go up this summer. Like end date of August