New visa enquiry service:

Essem

Staff member

A new UK visa enquiry service has been launched today, 1 April. The first point of contact for all customer enquiries (including for updates on existing applications) is now: https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/. Customers will be able to email their enquiry for free or, for a fee, call an agent or use webchat.

For webchat, you must purchase a web chat pin :

To chat live with a representative from UK Visas & Immigration, please purchase a web chat PIN code with a valid credit or debit card. Your PIN will be created after the checkout process and can be used once.

Please complete the order form below and click 'Continue to payment'.

Order: One-use live chat PIN code £4.00

or
By telephone:

Contact us
Tunisia Telephone

You can call us on:

213-983-200437

If you would prefer to dial a UK number direct please call:

00 44 1243 218 154

Local opening times: 5:00am - 1:00pm

This is a paid service and there is a cost of £1.37 UK Sterling per minute in addition to your standard network charges. Please have a valid credit or debit card ready to process your payment. We can accept Mastercard Credit and Debit cards, Visa Credit and Debit cards and Maestro. You will not be charged until you are connected to an advisor. Calls may be recorded for training purposes.

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

anaben

Hello friends,
On the 16th May I had an appointment with the Visa Application Centre to apply for a General Visa to the UK (a visit visa of 6 months or less. I was told at the time I would hear within 3 weeks. As it is now nearly 5 weeks I would like to know if this is normal to wait all this time , just to spend a week. I already booked the ticket (as i applyed for a week from 1st of July till 8th of July ).

anaben

The are taking the piss !
if u send an e-mail, u will receive an automatic answer (it dosn't nearly give any positive things just some ****!)
Then, what's the hell with this strange phone number: 213-983-200437
Any one was answered , or any one was able to call this phone number!

I know that Tunisia belong to that "black list" but why they treat us this way! for a country who didn't stop glorifying humain rights!

Last edited:

kaled

hii today i checked my app online it say :Application awaiting transfer to UK Visas & Immigration for a decision.haw much time u think they need aftar this stage to make decision. think u

i been refused in visa : how can i appeal again .and what can i do and they give only 28 days or i pay again for visa

Jellycat

Bad luck. You must feel devastated. What did they state as the reason for the refusal? you have to present evidence to say why they were wrong in making that decision .
When they gave you back your papers there should have been information on how to appeal and where to send it to.

Bad luck. You must feel devastated. What did they state as the reason for the refusal? you have to present evidence to say why they were wrong in making that decision .
When they gave you back your papers there should have been information on how to appeal and where to send it to.
yes is back luck ..........i feel is not fair .they said the reason of refuse is :1-Relation ship Requirement :your mariage is not valid.because although you stated in your application that neither you or your sponsor have previously been married.whilst a cange name of name document has been provided.no exemplination has beed provided.i dont provided copy of passport.
2-finacial requirement :

Jane BM

yes is back luck ..........i feel is not fair .they said the reason of refuse is :1-Relation ship Requirement :your mariage is not valid.because although you stated in your application that neither you or your sponsor have previously been married.whilst a cange name of name document has been provided.no exemplination has beed provided.i dont provided copy of passport.
2-finacial requirement :
So does your wife earn over £18,600 ?

Your marriage isn't valid? Do you have a certified marriage certificate? Did you include it in your paperwork? Have either of you been married before? If so, did you include your divorce papers?

yes i have certificat married .and i include it of corse in my papierwork .is my first marriage and my wife too too. no divorce papier!!!!!!!!

So does your wife earn over £18,600 ?

Your marriage isn't valid? Do you have a certified marriage certificate? Did you include it in your paperwork? Have either of you been married before? If so, did you include your divorce papers?
yes i have certificat married .and i include it of corse in my papierwork .is my first marriage and my wife too too. no divorce papier!!!!!!!! i think so my wife she dont have over 18.600£

kaled

Hii evry body i was reading about britch citizen sheep iwas confused cose in the ferst pargraph they say that the spouse have to b garanted live to remain in uk that is mean 5 years then they say the spouse have to b in uk for a list 3year,but in 3year he will not not be granted to stay permanently..if someone have any explenation pls tell me think u

kaled

. If your spouse is a British citizen
If you’re married to, or the civil partner of, a British citizen, you can apply for citizenship if:

you’re 18 or over
you’re of sound mind, eg you’re able to think and make decisions for yourself
you’re of good character, eg you don’t have a serious or recent criminal record
you’ve met the knowledge of English and life in the UK requirements
you’ve been granted indefinite leave to stay in the UK (or permanent residence if you’re an EEA national) - this means there’s no specific date that you have to leave
Unless your spouse or civil partner works abroad either for the UK government or for an organisation closely linked to government, you must usually also have:

lived in the UK for at least the 3 years before your application is received
spent no more than 270 days outside the UK in those 3 years
spent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months
not broken any immigration laws while in the UK

Jellycat

Hii evry body i was reading about britch citizen sheep iwas confused cose in the ferst pargraph they say that the spouse have to b garanted live to remain in uk that is mean 5 years then they say the spouse have to b in uk for a list 3year,but in 3year he will not not be granted to stay permanently..if someone have any explenation pls tell me think u
The confusion is because the rules changed recently (in 2012)and before you could get leave to remain after 2 years and then citizenship in 3 years.

Jellycat

yes i have certificat married .and i include it of corse in my papierwork .is my first marriage and my wife too too. no divorce papier!!!!!!!! i think so my wife she dont have over 18.600£
you mentioned they made a reference to "change of name". do you know what that is about? if your wife doesn't meet the financial requirement and is not exempt through getting some disability or carers benefits you're appeal won't succeed. What is your wife saying?

Jane BM

. If your spouse is a British citizen
If you’re married to, or the civil partner of, a British citizen, you can apply for citizenship if:

you’re 18 or over
you’re of sound mind, eg you’re able to think and make decisions for yourself
you’re of good character, eg you don’t have a serious or recent criminal record
you’ve met the knowledge of English and life in the UK requirements
you’ve been granted indefinite leave to stay in the UK (or permanent residence if you’re an EEA national) - this means there’s no specific date that you have to leave
Unless your spouse or civil partner works abroad either for the UK government or for an organisation closely linked to government, you must usually also have:

lived in the UK for at least the 3 years before your application is received
spent no more than 270 days outside the UK in those 3 years
spent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months
not broken any immigration laws while in the UK
People who were granted their spouse visas before July 2012 could apply for their ILR after 2 years and then citizenship 1 year later...for example my husband...however now under the new regulations you cannot apply for ILR for 5 years....and then citizenship one year later.

Jane BM

yes i have certificat married .and i include it of corse in my papierwork .is my first marriage and my wife too too. no divorce papier!!!!!!!!
Discussion, if your wife doesn't earn over £18,600 and she isn't exempt from the financial aspect of the regulations then yes your visa will be refused.

What is the change of name document they're referring to then?

you mentioned they made a reference to "change of name". do you know what that is about? if your wife doesn't meet the financial requirement and is not exempt through getting some disability or carers benefits you're appeal won't succeed. What is your wife saying?
what i need to, do exactly

Discussion, if your wife doesn't earn over £18,600 and she isn't exempt from the financial aspect of the regulations then yes your visa will be refused.

What is the change of name document they're referring to then?
i dont know really . what i need to, do exactly

Jellycat

i dont know really . what i need to, do exactly
First you need to decide if you have grounds for appeal. If your wife meets the financial requirement then you can appeal. If not there is no point.

Who filled out your form? What financial sponsoring details did you put on it? did you put her pay slips in with your evidence ? Also what is this name change about?

Scottochott

what i need to, do exactly
If your wife does not earn £18600, you will not be granted a visa. Possible exception if she is a carer or disabled, is she either of these? You have not answered the question about change of name, what does this relate to?

Have you thought about living with your wife in Tunisia?