one way flight?!

Lola2312

If you book a one way flight to tunisia will you get questioned at airport or refused entry unless u book a return flight?

As i read on thomas cook (i think) that you can be refused entry if no return flight, but i will hopefully be moving out there July tietime and id rathet not spend money on a return flight that I will not use :/

feefad

Not sure but bear in mind that Thomas cook and thomsons won't sell you a flight from Tunisia to uk so you'd have to go tunisair or alternative routes if you wanted to fly back again.

Scottochott

Not sure but bear in mind that Thomas cook and thomsons won't sell you a flight from Tunisia to uk so you'd have to go tunisair or alternative routes if you wanted to fly back again.
Yes they will, I've done it frequently, though they can refuse if you've been there over 3 months, all depends on the relationships you can form with the reps!. Alternatives are Jet2com when they fly in summer, and tunisair always an option. Hopefully the much vaunted open sky policy will soon be implemented, so easy jet/BA may join the party again. As you say there are also lots of alternative routes using other airlines via a European change.

Lola2312

So if i book just a one way flight to tunisia nothing will be said at airport?

Why can thomas cook refuse to book a flight from tunisia to uk if youve been there over 3 months?

if you get a carte de sejour does this affect me if i wanted to fly back to the uk?

Sorry for all the questions

Scottochott

So if i book just a one way flight to tunisia nothing will be said at airport?

Why can thomas cook refuse to book a flight from tunisia to uk if youve been there over 3 months?

if you get a carte de sejour does this affect me if i wanted to fly back to the uk?

Sorry for all the questions
They're worried about those that don't have a legal situation, if your cds is in order there is no legal reason they can refuse however they tend to make it difficult.

Being a Tunisian resident, ie having a cds, makes life more difficult and opens you up to all sorts of tax liabilities. I would strongly advise against it, Essem has recently posted on her associated problems.

My advice is whether you are an investor or not, leave the country every 3 months to avoid any issues, and don't take up residency

cherie63

Being a Tunisian resident, ie having a cds, makes life more difficult and opens you up to all sorts of tax liabilities. I would strongly advise against it, Essem has recently posted on her associated problems.

My advice is whether you are an investor or not, leave the country every 3 months to avoid any issues, and don't take up residency
Hi Scottochott, can you remember the name of the thread Essem posted about her tax/residency issues, I was looking for it and couldn't find it :(

marhaba

Ive always used a one way and never been stopped. Again i spose it depends on the immigration officer that you have, I use tunisair coming home since BA stopped flights.x

feefad

Yes they will, I've done it frequently, though they can refuse if you've been there over 3 months, all depends on the relationships you can form with the reps!
So I guess there are ways around things and reps have different rules than the uk shops. My husband got a 1 way before and we couldn't get a 1 way back, he wasn't there for longer than a month. Official policy was that they don't offer 1 way from Tunisia (or The Gambia)only the opposite direction. They also say if you get a return to either of these and don't use the outward flight it will be cancelled. He had to go tunisair which isn't direct so not as convenient.

feefad

Unless it was just TC, I think thomsons may not have had any availability.

Scottochott

So I guess there are ways around things and reps have different rules than the uk shops. My husband got a 1 way before and we couldn't get a 1 way back, he wasn't there for longer than a month. Official policy was that they don't offer 1 way from Tunisia (or The Gambia)only the opposite direction. They also say if you get a return to either of these and don't use the outward flight it will be cancelled. He had to go tunisair which isn't direct so not as convenient.
You need to go to the offices in Tunisia, not sure you can book from uk. Or just go see a rep at one of the hotels.

Selmi

That's correct scottochott have used agencies in Tunisia (hammamet) for one way flights both inbound and outbound have also used holiday reps but have paid extortionate prices !

Selmi

If it's any help feefad it's hammamet travel service and their number is (00216) 72281795 her name is Mami Mhamed

Scottochott

I'm talking about the TC and Thomson offices, not Tunisian agencies, price is around 350TD

Selmi

Sorry just offering my advice and experience with the Tunisian agencies !

bascar

i have booked a one way flight before with thomsons ...from the Uk and then booked travel back with Tunisair ...no issues

feefad

i have booked a one way flight before with thomsons ...from the Uk and then booked travel back with Tunisair ...no issues
Yeah we've done one way to Tunisia it's coming back that we had to go Tunisair which isn't direct for us.

@Scottochott cheers as no doubt we'll come across this scenario again at some point in the future.

Jillimom

I have flown one-way from the US to Tunisia 4 times and each time I get asked about my visa. I patiently explained that I am married to a Tunisian and live there. This past summer the woman at the airlines was quite rude, insisting that she had to check my "safety" and call the Embassy to check my passport. This as my DH and three kids are standing there. Ugh. :mad: Be prepared for questions is all I want to say.

gem15

I've known people who have been stopped on a one way ticket with BA when they flew here.

Tunisair check in staff once questioned my mum until the tunisair managers told them she was a frequent flyer and have no problem with her one way ticket.

The airlines are just worried about paying the cost of the passenger if they are refused entry.