Passports and visas

Hi guys,

I am really confused about the whole passport and visa thing. For us in the UK, it is an easy process and we only need to wait a short while for it to be made.
But it seems in Tunisia there is a lot or red tape. Can any of you explain to me so I can understand what happens and why it can take so long.
Also with visa's again I am being told stuff about them and it is confusing as to what is going on and why. How many different types of visa's there are and why is it so difficult for people to get them.
Not sure if I have explained myself well, lol.

Thank you
x

Jane BM

Hi Janjan

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. If you want to check out the visas for here, it's best to look at the UKBA website.

When you say in Tunisia there's a lot of red tape, are you referring to them leaving Tunisia? Cos if you are it's not the Tunisian authorities that make it so difficult and a long process.....it's the country they're wanting to go to...ie, UK, Europe, Canada etc....

Why, well we do have a huge issue with immigration here in the UK, so they're drastically trying to reduce the number of non EU migrants who come here.

Tunisia is also one of the countries renowned for men who will marry ladies as part of an exit plan...very sad but true...you need to have a read of a few of the threads on here.

Having a long distance relationship with a Tunisian man is not easy!! Marrying and living with a Tunisian man is not easy either...lol....and in between there are a lot of harsh choices to make and STRESS!!!

But you shouldn't be worrying about any of that Janjan anyway......remember....lol....feet on the ground and all that....:p..early days!!

missmetal

Hi JanJan

A lot of the 'red tape' is also hearsay. My friend told me this and my friend told me that type of stuff. Hubby and his friends told us it was 1000TDN to apply for a visa, its really hard to get blah blah blah. Well, that may be true for a spousal visa, but not ALL visa's cost that and it seemed like they made that the blanket rule. Someone said a visa is X so all visa's no matter what are that price.

Are you talking about your guy applying for a passport? If I remember correctly i think it was about a month of waiting time. but i will check with my hubby and let you know

haha,

I remember, feet on the ground, lol

I knew I hadn't explained myself too well.

Also thank you mismental. He has been waiting for what seems like ages for his passport and I don't really understand what is the reason for this. But it is only because he is getting upset by this I am questioning why. Not sure what type of visa he has applied for, or when this was done.

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi janjan my EX just went to Tunisia and renewed his passport took 24 hours...!! Is it a first passport?

missmetal

haha,

I remember, feet on the ground, lol

I knew I hadn't explained myself too well.

Also thank you mismental. He has been waiting for what seems like ages for his passport and I don't really understand what is the reason for this. But it is only because he is getting upset by this I am questioning why. Not sure what type of visa he has applied for, or when this was done.
Yeah, in Tunisian time, 2 days is ages, one weeks is year, and a year is forever :p

No he has had a passport before. So then there must be some reason why it is taking so long.

So in Tunisia time that is why some of them say they love you so soon. (and no he hasn't said that to me, YET!!) lol

Jane BM

No he has had a passport before. So then there must be some reason why it is taking so long.

So in Tunisia time that is why some of them say they love you so soon. (and no he hasn't said that to me, YET!!) lol
What kind of visa has he applied for previously then Janjan? And for where?

DARK ANGEL

if u need to change ur CIN =ID , one week and then u can take it same thing for the passport

Last edited:
What kind of visa has he applied for previously then Janjan? And for where?
He has been to France before, and he has said that he was looking for Poland. But there was something where he would have to have a either a job or a wife? This why it is confusing me. If that they actually put restrictions on the visas to say you must get married or get a job!!

Sorry for been so busy with work.

Janet

xxx

Jane BM

Hi Janjan

No they wouldn't say he'd have to have either a wife or job...lol...

You didn't say what type of visa he had before though when he went to France? Was it a study visa? A general visitors visa? A family visa? How long did he go for?

If say he had a French girlfriend then he could have gone over there possibly with a visitors visa...however they're difficult to get because their 'intent to return' to Tunisia is very difficult to prove unless they have work etc in Tunisia.

Why did he apply for a visa to go to Poland? Does he have family/friends there?

Trulymadlydeeply

On the plus side if he did have a VV for France and didn't abuse the visa ie went back when he should have done it should make it easier to get another one. He would still have to meet the requirements though and be able to show his intent to return.. Work contract, main family provider etc.

Hi guys, sorry been manic busy

He has family in France and as far as I am aware he returned when he was meant to. He said he has applied for touristic, contract visas.

But no connection to Poland, I think someone may have told him it might be easier to get one for there!!

Jane BM

Hi guys, sorry been manic busy

He has family in France and as far as I am aware he returned when he was meant to. He said he has applied for touristic, contract visas.

But no connection to Poland, I think someone may have told him it might be easier to get one for there!!
He still wouldn't be able to get one for Poland unless he had a connection there or work....

Mezoo

VIP Member
he is getting upset by this I am questioning why

He has been to France before and he has said that he was looking for Poland.

But there was something where he would have to have a either a job or a wife?

This why it is confusing me.

If that they actually put restrictions on the visas to say you must get married or get a job!! xxx

He said he has applied for touristic, contract visas.

"This why it is confusing me"

It could be by design...

huttan

Im confused is this about visa for UK?

Isnt it the same for UK as Sweden? You get a case number witch the process can be followed online if you go go on the immigration site? If he needs to proove anything he can give you the number then. Amine made a new passport and was made within 48 hours...so didnt take long at all.

Dont want to say it...but frustration and getting upset for asking questions...makes the warning bells go on. If he really is in to you no questions should be to much-even if it means explaining 100 times.

missmetal

Well here it goes

Visitors Visa - you can be single. you dont need to have a job in that country, but to appyl its best to have one or be at Uni. They want to ensure you're returning to your own home country. you also need funds to support your trip

Work Visa's - you always need to have a job offer or letter of employment to be able to apply for one (work visa's covers a really large ground)

Spouse visa - well that says it, you need to be married to apply.

I cant think of any country that does not work this way

Lainey

Hi,dont know if this is the right place to post this but dont know how to start a new thread.My husband just got his settlement visa today after 4 years and nearly a divorce lol anyway they told him at the embassy he needs to do something before he flys out ??? is that right I thought we just book the flight ,he shows his marriage certificate and that was it.Another thing now that BA have stopped there flights what airline would you recommend he will need 2 flights to get to Glasgow,was looking at Tunisair and then Ba does anyone know how you book extra baggage on Tunisair as I cant find anything on there website thanks if you could help it would be much appreciated

Jane BM

Hi,dont know if this is the right place to post this but dont know how to start a new thread.My husband just got his settlement visa today after 4 years and nearly a divorce lol anyway they told him at the embassy he needs to do something before he flys out ??? is that right I thought we just book the flight ,he shows his marriage certificate and that was it.Another thing now that BA have stopped there flights what airline would you recommend he will need 2 flights to get to Glasgow,was looking at Tunisair and then Ba does anyone know how you book extra baggage on Tunisair as I cant find anything on there website thanks if you could help it would be much appreciated
Congratulations Lainey....you must be thrilled.

There isn't anything he needs to do before he flies out. As you say, if he carries his marriage cert then he shouldn't have to pay the exit fee.

We used Tunisair when we flew to the UK, think TC etc don't like a Tunisian national booking a one way flight! As for the extra baggage I know someone mentioned the same problem not long ago with Tunisiairs site, I'd try to email them. They are pretty generous anyway to be honest. I remember my husband packed 38kg and blagged his way through...lol..not necessarily something I'd recommend!!

Lainey

Hahaha will they be able to understand what I,m talking about though this is the problem ,its easy enough to book extra baggage on Ba but as its 2 flights he needs I dont think he would get away with too much extra weight it would just cause problems when he gets to London I would have thought..and I thought the stress was over lol ..