Passports and visas

Jane BM

Hahaha will they be able to understand what I,m talking about though this is the problem ,its easy enough to book extra baggage on Ba but as its 2 flights he needs I dont think he would get away with too much extra weight it would just cause problems when he gets to London I would have thought..and I thought the stress was over lol ..
Ah Lainey....it's only just begun....lol

missmetal

Hi Lainey

Congrats!

What is they said that your hubby needs to do exactly? I did not quite follow?

So he has his passport at least with the visa in it? Check!
The wedding cert I would travel on his person and still be prepared for the exit visa cash, you just never know.

As for extra luggage, in his country he should call tunisair himself as ask them what the cost is. As its a smaller airline it does not appear that you can arrange this online beforehand. All it says on their site is that extra luggage will incur an excess baggage fee. I suggest getting to the airport more than 60mins before so that he stands a good chance of getting it on board. Overweight is different, although he could still be charged as it will go as freight, they will put a sticker on it so that baggage handlers know how to deal with them. The Tunis air planes are not very big, and not always full...so he might get away with not being charged, but you will need to sort out the LHR - Glasgow part of it as he will be charged for that. Sadly you would need to pay for each leg of the trip.

kassie

Hi,dont know if this is the right place to post this but dont know how to start a new thread.My husband just got his settlement visa today after 4 years and nearly a divorce lol anyway they told him at the embassy he needs to do something before he flys out ??? is that right I thought we just book the flight ,he shows his marriage certificate and that was it.Another thing now that BA have stopped there flights what airline would you recommend he will need 2 flights to get to Glasgow,was looking at Tunisair and then Ba does anyone know how you book extra baggage on Tunisair as I cant find anything on there website thanks if you could help it would be much appreciated

Hi Lainey....and congrats! :).....My hubby flew into Manchester via ? Frankfurt on air lufthansa from Tunis....no problems at all. Not sure what they mean by "he needs to do something"? ...anyway hope all goes well and happy christmas! ;)

eve

Hi this maybe a silly question but i am finding it difficult to find the correct application for my husband to come and settle here, When go to the settlement visa it says u can apply for that after being here for 5 years. Confused much. Then when i go to find a visa and fill it out it says Sorry, the page you are looking for could not be found. Please if someone could help or send me a link would be much appreciated x

kassie

Lainey.... does this help?

6h 40m duration, 1+ stops
Tunis, Tunisia (TUN) to Glasgow (GLA)
6h 40m+
upload_2013-12-20_22-11-40.pngTunisair, British Airways
via London
8h 15m+
upload_2013-12-20_22-11-40.pngAlitalia, British Airways
via Rome, London
8h 25m+
upload_2013-12-20_22-11-40.pngAir France, KLM
via Paris, Amsterdam
8h 30m+
upload_2013-12-20_22-11-40.pngLufthansa, British Airways
via Frankfurt, London
9h 20m+
upload_2013-12-20_22-11-40.pngAir France, FlyBE
via Paris, Birmingham

kassie

Hi this maybe a silly question but i am finding it difficult to find the correct application for my husband to come and settle here, When go to the settlement visa it says u can apply for that after being here for 5 years. Confused much. Then when i go to find a visa and fill it out it says Sorry, the page you are looking for could not be found. Please if someone could help or send me a link would be much appreciated x

Have you looked at the UK Border Agency site....eg....

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/settlement/applicationtypes/

eve

yes thats the exact page i was on but im unsure what set i fall under either they say can apply if been here for 2 years or 5 unless im really dumb and cant see lol

Jane BM

You've gone to the ILR page as opposed to the initial settlement, ie, LTE (leave to enter)

eve

still cannot find it

Jane BM

still cannot find it
Well I've just tried and I've just found it and the page opened for me. The application form is form VAF4A....

eve

Thanks jane that is the form i eventually found i just didnt no you could not do it online, unless it is my computer playing up.

Jane BM

Thanks jane that is the form i eventually found i just didnt no you could not do it online, unless it is my computer playing up.
You can do it online....then you need to print off your copy.

eve

it must be my computer playing up, thanks jane

scooby

CONGRATS Lainey Hope you have a lovely Christmas together x

ROULLA

Hahaha will they be able to understand what I,m talking about though this is the problem ,its easy enough to book extra baggage on Ba but as its 2 flights he needs I dont think he would get away with too much extra weight it would just cause problems when he gets to London I would have thought..and I thought the stress was over lol ..

Hi Lainey, hope that you and your husband are well! Long time , anyway if you telephone Tunis Air they all speak English, very well actually, as for the price per kilo it used to be around £7 something.

They will allow you a little over but it depends on who is at the desk when you show your ticket or even better if your husband knows someone that works for Tunis Air.

Why don't you register for Fidelys card http://www.tunisair.com.tn/site/publish/content/article.asp?ID=66&Lang=en this will allow your husband an extra 5 kilo's and as you book with Tunis Air the points will eventually go up.

Lainey

Hi,well I phone Tunisair and its £5 per kilo thats not too bad I have told him if its going to be extra weight to make it no more than 23kg as thats the allowance for Ba,all set for tmorow told him to keep his marriage certificate on him was just wondering if he should keep 60 dinar on him too as I have told him to change his money into pounds mmm...

Jane BM

Hi,well I phone Tunisair and its £5 per kilo thats not too bad I have told him if its going to be extra weight to make it no more than 23kg as thats the allowance for Ba,all set for tmorow told him to keep his marriage certificate on him was just wondering if he should keep 60 dinar on him too as I have told him to change his money into pounds mmm...
Hmmmmm decisions decisions....lol...

KB72

Hi guys,

I am really confused about the whole passport and visa thing. For us in the UK, it is an easy process and we only need to wait a short while for it to be made.
But it seems in Tunisia there is a lot or red tape. Can any of you explain to me so I can understand what happens and why it can take so long.
Also with visa's again I am being told stuff about them and it is confusing as to what is going on and why. How many different types of visa's there are and why is it so difficult for people to get them.
Not sure if I have explained myself well, lol.

Thank you
x
Tunisia their passports only take 40 days for their first. Ours takes over 6 weeks now I believe! If you know the right people you can get them done in less than a week. I know that from experience.