Pictures of traditional Tunisia (1900)

Essem

Staff member
Isnt the cathederal to do with Catholics?

Hi Marhaba

The Cathedral in my 'city' is Church of Scotland:

http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk

"A cathedral is a church containing the cathedra — Latin for "chair" — of the bishop. In the ancient world, the chair was a symbol of both a teacher and a magistrate, and therefore ideal for representing the power and duties of the bishop".

Mneme

Thanks Alulu and Black Mamba for posting those pics. Fascinating glimpses into history - and the quality of the reproductions are stunning. :D

Janan

Banned
Yes, me too, the cat makes photo special, but I like also the woman in white in the middle of young people, such a contrast, amazing atmosphere :)

ROULLA

4060955290_de531cd116.jpg
P6140286.JPG

Hi Janan hope that you are in good health! I liked these ones the best..Did you find these on the net or are they people that you know ?

Janan

Banned
Thank you and I hope you are fine too this Friday.
No, I found them on net, but where I use to go i meet similar nice people, never had courage to take photos. So I saved those to my computer. May be I take one day my own :). Do you use to take photos?

ROULLA

Thank you and I hope you are fine too this Friday.
No, I found them on net, but where I use to go i meet similar nice people, never had courage to take photos. So I saved those to my computer. May be I take one day my own :). Do you use to take photos?

I am in good thank you !! Yes i always take photos but to be quite honest after so many years you don't seem to take so many photos anymore..:)

Mneme

Yes, me too, the cat makes photo special, but I like also the woman in white in the middle of young people, such a contrast, amazing atmosphere :)

Yes, quite - you're right, it does make for a fascinating juxtaposition :)

C

Cas

Hi Mneme,
Do you have any special areas of interest or places on your to see list?:)

Mneme

Hi Mneme,
Do you have any special areas of interest or places on your to see list?:)

Hello, Cas :)

Well, anything and everything? :D I'm open to suggestions. I'd definitely like to see Tunis, and Carthage too would be high on my list. I'd like to see Zarzis and Hammamet too - those beaches (or at least the pics hehe) really draw me. But there's a lot more to Tunisia, and I don't know where to start after that!

C

Cas

Chris, more later Whow so many places. Got to dash right now.:)

Mneme

Chris, more later Whow so many places. Got to dash right now.:)

Hehe, yes, it's a lot. Frankly it's the whole country, or whatever anyone would recommend seeing. I know nothing! So any advice is most welcome.

I hope you're having as pleasant a weekend as I am. :)

E

elena cruz

those are such beautiful pictures!! i love them all!!! thank you for sharing them with everyone!

Soltef

We need some more of these lovely pictures!Is there a special good archive/library in Tunis/Tunisia?Does anyone's relatives have old,lol,photos of Tunisia to reprint?

Essem

Staff member
Found this thread tucked away. It has some wonderful pix of Tunisia in 1900 - amazing!

salim

Found this thread tucked away. It has some wonderful pix of Tunisia in 1900 - amazing!
I just discovered look an amazing thread as you said Essem

Donna Fkih

I am from the United States and my Husband is from Tunisia, it is so nice to learn about his culture and view the lovely photos from the past!