Plants and trees.

C

Cas

As a run on from our fruit and veg stall thread is there anyone out there with any knowledge of Tunisian plants, trees be they ornamental or food, medicine producing or used in any commercial production? I`m thinking with all the clothes these days being made out of organic cotton,hemp,bamboo this could be a great opportunity for someone.

Janan

Banned
yes, there is famous tree - the cork oak - mainly in North, Tabarka region.
small industry working based on it

may be rose fields, but I dont know where.. ?

caveatemptor

Of course there is the Money Tree, not indiginous to Tunisia, but transplants very nicely from Europe.

C

Cas

And plenty of natural fertilizer from animals ? not too many bulls though so we are ok.........

C

Cas

Of course there is the Money Tree, not indiginous to Tunisia, but transplants very nicely from Europe.
Now for your real response that I just know you will amaze me with and you are keeping me in suspense ......

Janan

Banned
Cave you confuse thread lol, anyway in this thread it sounds clear and persuadive, hopefully will have intented impact

caveatemptor

Now for your real response that I just know you will amaze me with and you are keeping me in suspense ......
Sorry to disappoint you Cas, but like with most things in life I don`t take anything too seriously. That way makes for a stress free and healthy existence.

C

Cas

Sorry to disappoint you Cas, but like with most things in life I don`t take anything too seriously. That way makes for a stress free and healthy existence.
Can`t believe there is a guy who is really saying he doesn`t know too much about topic lol,
Wouldn`t be same response to golf, etc hey Cave?
Seriously I have the same attitude serious take on stuff, never, no.....except when my brain starts thinking business opportunity lol for anyone not just me personally.
I do have one for the Cave Empire, storage and or lockers for people needing to cut down on luggage weight etc.

Janan

Banned
sorry once more OT - Cave have you checked the golf course in Tabarka

the same with me Cas - absolutely - very serious

C

Cas

sorry once more OT - Cave have you checked the golf course in Tabarka

the same with me Cas - absolutely - very serious
Janan trouble is I see the funny side to too many things gets me into trouble.
Wild imagination is the trouble lol.

Janan

Banned
I understand entirely ;-)

Essem

Staff member
Wonder if anyone has ever tried exporting the hindi fruit (cactus fruit)? And are the aloe vera plants cultivated and used in lotions and potions here? I've seen a few thistles along in Hergla - probably a Scot who planted them years ago!!!!!!!!!!!

Essem

Staff member
Pepiniere Garden Centre, Chott Meriem

25 April Peckers, Hergla and Garden Centre 049.jpg25 April Peckers, Hergla and Garden Centre 048.jpg25 April Peckers, Hergla and Garden Centre 050.jpg25 April Peckers, Hergla and Garden Centre 047.jpg25 April Peckers, Hergla and Garden Centre 042.jpg

Essem

Staff member

25 April Peckers, Hergla and Garden Centre 057.jpg25 April Peckers, Hergla and Garden Centre 055.jpg25 April Peckers, Hergla and Garden Centre 058.jpg25 April Peckers, Hergla and Garden Centre 054.jpg25 April Peckers, Hergla and Garden Centre 053.jpg

Essem

Staff member

25 April Peckers, Hergla and Garden Centre 064.jpg25 April Peckers, Hergla and Garden Centre 069.jpg25 April Peckers, Hergla and Garden Centre 061.jpg25 April Peckers, Hergla and Garden Centre 067.jpg25 April Peckers, Hergla and Garden Centre 063.jpg

ROULLA

Essem my mum just loves plants and everytime she goes she always brings back a seed or goes into someones garden and cuts a flower and when she gets back she always replants them in her garden.. The best one that we never thought would grow was filfil...Hot chilies.. I am surprised that she has never ever been caught as she carries so many different plants in her suitcase and bags..

Essem

Staff member
Essem my mum just loves plants and everytime she goes she always brings back a seed or goes into someones garden and cuts a flower and when she gets back she always replants them in her garden.. The best one that we never thought would grow was filfil...Hot chilies.. I am surprised that she has never ever been caught as she carries so many different plants in her suitcase and bags..

Do you know Roulla, my mum used to do the same - wherever we were, she'd take a 'wee cutting' or seeds and brought them on when she returned. Her garden was magnificent!

aggie

Do you know Roulla, my mum used to do the same - wherever we were, she'd take a 'wee cutting' or seeds and brought them on when she returned. Her garden was magnificent!
Hi Roulla and Essem

Growin up in Poland in the 1980 there wasn`t many garden centres, but my mum managed to come back home with house plants cuttings from every office she visited, I remember telling her one thay she be arrested, but she was to clever, sometimes you just didn`t now when she did it, we always had house full of plants and I hated to water them!
I just want to add I love this site its very helpfull and interesting.

Essem

Staff member
flowers and mist over the sea 001.jpg:cool: Thank you Cas - they were beautiful!