Please can someone give me advice on the English test

Njt11

hi, I feel really stupid but I have looked and looked on gov.uk and cannot find price or any real info on English test. I know it's in Tunis but are they only on at set times of the year?? I know they need to have lessons but would love some advice please. Also has anyone found it more difficult to get a successful visa following what happened in Sousse? And (last question sorry) the settlement visa is down to me and my earnings etc and is nothing to do with my man?? It's called a family visa now?? Thanks very much for any help, feel like tearing my hair out!!!!!

scotty_bambam

Hi,
Yes.all down to your earnings as you are the sponsor.the English test is... a1.. Speaking and listening. 450 tnd, they are at specific times each month..it takes about a month to get the results.my husband passed easily.he is taking English lessons at a school for 2 hours 4 times a week.this costs 150 tnd, per month..if he doesn't already have one your husband needs to open a bank account as they now only accept payment by bank transfer.submitting our visa application early November,so no idea how long it will take.

Njt11

That's great thanks, so how did you book everything??and did your husband do test without the lessons? Also do you know when tests are or if there is a number I can ring or somewhere he can go to sort it out??thanks very much!!good luck for November, how long you been married??x

scotty_bambam

That's great thanks, so how did you book everything??and did your husband do test without the lessons? Also do you know when tests are or if there is a number I can ring or somewhere he can go to sort it out??thanks very much!!good luck for November, how long you been married??x
My husband had about 4 months of lessons before the test.you have to book it all online .he had to do it himself.but if you go on the website it tells you when next available test is.we origionaly were going to choose July but there were places in June do we went for it.we were offered 18, th, 19 th, or 20,th, of June.do there's more than 1 per month to choose from.just google. I.E.L.T test Tunis...we got married last October.would def recommend English lrsson s first as his teacher can coach him at the level he will nerf to know.

love1970

Hi i passed my english test without having any informations about it it coasted me 260D but now its 290D its a little bit hard and confusing but if someone got basic english things will be cool just tell your partner to try to be ready for the oral and try to concentrate i got 6.5 in oral so its like i got the test i think you need 4 in global to pass another advice time will be limited in listening 40 minutes for 40 question and reading

love1970

And reading 1 hour for 40 question also 1 hour in writing its really confusing tell him to to his best and not worry

Njt11

Thanks both for your replies, he is quite good at English but think he will do some lessons just to be sure. Where did he do lessons?? Is it all based in Tunis?? He lives in Hammamet do something closer would be ideal, thanks again x

scotty_bambam

Thanks both for your replies, he is quite good at English but think he will do some lessons just to be sure. Where did he do lessons?? Is it all based in Tunis?? He lives in Hammamet do something closer would be ideal, thanks again x
Love did the harder test..the one my husband did was "speaking and listening" . no Reading or writing.that's perfectly acceptable.your hubby needs to google some local schools and see IG they do English lessons,but he has to go to Tunis for the test.my husband's been back and forth to Tunis so many times.had to go and collect from Tunis too.got a certificate.no pass score.just said "pass"

Njt11

That's great thanks so much for all of your help xxx

luna06

Hey everyone, my husband went straight to the English center and registered him self it took him a while for him to have a test date as they don't have test all the time, he paid I dunno how much he paid, but we waited for 2 months exactly to get the results and certificate, he found the test very easy and he didn't study as he's English is very good and he's done his studies in English which really helped him, but there is classes where people can have before test but I found in you tube videos that an help you to see what the test is about it might be better having a look and see if is worth it paying extra money for basic English, as I said hubby told me is not difficult te questions are very easy and speaking as well maybe you girls can practise with your hubby's online o make it more fun ;) x

Njt11

Hi, thanks for this, can I ask which test your husband did? The general or academic?? Is your husband with you in UK now??

scotty_bambam

Academic is for academics . general is 4 parts..they are both harder than a1 speaking and listening,which is perfectly acceptable.my husband did it less than 3 months ago.

love1970

I done general test its 4 parts oral and writing were easy for me 6.5 in oral and 6.5 in writing too listening and reading were hard i got 4 and 4.5 in them and i think general is for spouse visa