post from uk to tunisia

lizziesamir

Hi everyone, im just looking for a bit of advice, I live in tunisia and my mum sent me a birthday card on the 26th october and a parcel on the 7th november but I still havent recieved them, however I had another letter sent to me from solicitors on the 11th November which I recieved today. Im just worried that I wont recieve my parcel which contains some clothes and things. Does anyone no a way of me being able to track them in tunisia to see what has happened to them? Thank you for any help x

janette

Hi everyone, im just looking for a bit of advice, I live in tunisia and my mum sent me a birthday card on the 26th october and a parcel on the 7th november but I still havent recieved them, however I had another letter sent to me from solicitors on the 11th November which I recieved today. Im just worried that I wont recieve my parcel which contains some clothes and things. Does anyone no a way of me being able to track them in tunisia to see what has happened to them? Thank you for any help x
Lizziesamie, I will keep my fingers crossed for you, but from many other's experiences, am not at all sure that you will receive the things. If you do, you are indeed one of the lucky ones. Everyone of my letters out of here have been received in Uk and elsewhere, but I long ago asked friends not to post anything important to me as it was quite unlikely that I would receive it. Letters I get OK, but have only received one card in 13 years and had to pay tax on that, so hence the message to everyone. Good luck!

gem15

I've received every parcel and card that's been sent to me but I know plenty of people who haven't. I think it's pot luck to be honest.

Is your address easy to find as sometimes the post office can't find you even to leave a card. You will have to pay tax on the parcel which is 1.5 tnd.

lizziesamir

Ive recieved all my letters and parcels that have been sent to me previously some of them have had clothes in as well, so thats why I was a bit concerned that I hadnt recieved these ones.

My partner usually goes down to the post place and collects what is there for me. He has a friend who works in there so if he sees anything from england he automatically calls him as im the only english person here. I just really hope I get them my mum buys me gorgeous clothes haha x

Jillimom

I too have gotten every package I have been sent and they have come from California! Is there any kind of tracking number your mom can give you? I know through the US Postal Service, there is a tracking number that I can look up online and see the progress of the package. They usually take between 2 and 4 weeks to get to me (I am in the capital.) Insh'allah everything gets to you soon! It is always good to have a friend at the post office too...;)

lizziesamir

I too have gotten every package I have been sent and they have come from California! Is there any kind of tracking number your mom can give you? I know through the US Postal Service, there is a tracking number that I can look up online and see the progress of the package. They usually take between 2 and 4 weeks to get to me (I am in the capital.) Insh'allah everything gets to you soon! It is always good to have a friend at the post office too...;)
No she didnt get a tracking number just a normal receipt with nothing on that can help :-( I will call the postal service in the UK tomorrow to see if they can give me an update of if/when it arrived in tunisia an were it arrived too. The quickest i have received anything is 1 week and the longest is 3 weeks so the card now being 5 weeks is longer than I expected. Im in south tunisia so I no it will take longer fingers crossed I get my parcel with everyones clothes in!! Thank you Jillimom x

lynn

yea and a few things I have sent to my mother and father in law including painkillers they have not received ..it is get worse there

Jillimom

Did you get your package yet??? I got one last week that only took 10 days, amazingly.

Aslemma

Towards the end of last year I sent some Voltarol (diclofenic gel) to a Tunisian friend, as I had done on a previous occasion. It didn't arrive and we assumed it had gone missing. Six months later it came back to me, obviously having been opened and somewhat battered,, but with no explanation.

alison

I have had 2 Christmas cards and a parcel sent to me in December and received nothing :( Amazingly all my tax documents seem to have no problem arriving.

gem15

I'm waiting on a parcel from New Look so hope I get that. I have in the past but you never know.

Jillimom

I am waiting on a package from the US that was sent on Dec. 10th and is still not here. The holiday season really creates a backlog. My package spent more than 12 days in customs in NYC so I guess I can't blame the slow Tunisian post so much anymore! LOL. ..Let's hope we all get our things soon! :rolleyes:

Jillimom

OK it finally arrived yesterday - so 37 days door to door. :eek:

Trulymadlydeeply

Better late than never...!!! ;)

lynn

well my parcel came back to me last week what I posted 4 months ago unopened ,...wonder why???

Aslemma

Only 4 months Lynn, mine took 6 months to be returned, and as in your case there was no explanation!

lynn

well my MIL was waiting for these painkillers she has bad knees like me what a disappointment.

Aslemma

It seems both our returned parcels were health-related Lynn. There was nothing to say its import was banned, and I have sent it on previous occasions with no problems so it is a complete mystery.

lynn

It seems both our returned parcels were health-related Lynn. There was nothing to say its import was banned, and I have sent it on previous occasions with no problems so it is a complete mystery.
yes me also it's strange , well guess I will take them when I go over now and make sure there is plenty unitl the next trip.

nazeydridi

Hi guys i am waiting for a parcel to arrive to my bf, its been more than 40 days now. Usually my parcels only take 20 days UK to Tunisia. Getting slightly worried now, any ideas what might have happened to it?