post from uk to tunisia

Aslemma

I hope I'm wrong, but if the parcel contained anything valuable the chances are that it's been stolen by somebody in the postoffice. If you read through previous posts on this subject you will see that unfortunately it's not an uncommon experience, which is why many of us are reluctant to post things out there. The fact that things have got through on previous occasions is no guarantee that they will always do so. :(

curious

Hello everyone, I was thinking of sending a 'care' package out to my friend in Tunisia (full of essentials etc) but is the post always this unreliable? And is it true that they have to pay quite a large sum of money to go and collect the parcel once it is in Tunisia? I'm trying to decide if it is worth it or if I'm better off finding an alternative (such as going back and taking it myself!). Also what are the chances of something being stolen from it? I can't afford to send freebies to the whole of Tunisia lol!

Thanks for your help.

nazeydridi

:):):)Hi Curious, iv been sending parcels for approx 6 months now and my partner has recieved every single one. I dont know what you will be sending but my parcels always contain clothes or shoes so i have only experience in these items. The best way to do it is by sending in parcel bags I always send via Royal Mail making sure the parcel is 2kg or under, anything over this and the price increases significantly (i usually pay approx £20 for 2kg). I have had one parcel get to my partner within 2 weeks whilst the longest time was 7 weeks. when the parcel gets to Tunisia it will go to the local post office who will send a card to your friend asking him to collect it. They will have to pay a fee which is almost always 1.5dinar, just on one occasion has my partner had to pay 30d. Hope this helps:happy:

curious

Thank you nazeydridi, that's a big help, especially with the way you do it and how much it costs :) Do you know what the reason was that he had to pay more one time? Like you it will be essentials I'll be sending, socks and things haha! Thanks again :) :)

nazeydridi

I did send some minituare perfumes the time they charged 30d but i have sent the perfumes after that aswell and been charged only 1.5d...its really hit and miss I suppose. My parcels go to Hammam Sousse and iv been lucky so far with everything i send..Where abouts does your friend live?

kalie

I haven't had any problems sending parcels , the last one took 10 days door to door. I couldn't track it once it had left the UK. Amazingly u cant send playing cards !!!! That took the post office guy by surprise when he checked his list ;)
Mine go to Kef x

curious

Hi again :) nazeydridi - my friend lives in Sousse. Kalie - that's good to know about yours reaching their destination safely. Do you know if all post is opened before the destined recipient gets it? Not that I'm sending valuables but I'd like my friend to get all that I send! I appreciate your responses :)

Jillimom

I think every single package is indeed opened and examined. I have always received my packages (sent by my Mom in California) shrink-wrapped and obviously checked through. I haven't missed anything though, ever. I have lived in Tunis for 9 years now. God willing, your package will arrive safe and sound!

nazeydridi

None of my parcels have been opened so far

Aslemma

I think it's really a matter of luck whether parcels arrive intact (or even at all). I once had a package containing a tube of Voltarol (diclofenec gel) returned to me six months after being sent. It had obviously been opened but there was no explanation whatsoever and I had sent this on a previous occasion.

kalie

Hi again :) nazeydridi - my friend lives in Sousse. Kalie - that's good to know about yours reaching their destination safely. Do you know if all post is opened before the destined recipient gets it? Not that I'm sending valuables but I'd like my friend to get all that I send! I appreciate your responses :)
Hi Curious, yes mine was opened, I'm pretty sure almost all are. xx

scotty_bambam

Hi, I send to kef also but have given up.nothing ever gets there only cards.the last thing i sent was a valentines card in January ,but I put a couple of small gel bunion supports in( poor hubby) and post office said I'd have to fill out customs form so I did.never got there.when hubby sends cards to me takes 10 days.

lynn

hey ho my post cards still not arrived since I posted in March lol...and I mean no one has had my post cards so I will never send again...same as buying the clothes handbags purses etc etc

luna06

Hello everyone, was wondering if anyone has send documents by FedEx ? How long it took to received documents ? Are they efficient ? As I sent before by post and it took a month for my hubby to collect a parcel I sent to him :( not sure if with FedEx is the same as I'm paying extra for secure delivery . Any information will be really appreciated thanks x

scotty_bambam

I'd like to know too.can you send papers to be picked up at the airport? As my Hubby's post never arrives.

luna06

Hey sco
I'd like to know too.can you send papers to be picked up at the airport? As my Hubby's post never arrives.
Hey Scotty I have no idea, but my husbands friend works in FedEx so he will help us, hopefully papers will arrive soon and intact :) when r u sending yours ?

scotty_bambam

Sending end October.final bank statement .googled fed ex said 2/3 days about £60.. But don't know what's going to be happening with visa appointments etc.worrying times.