preparing Brik

Trulymadlydeeply

Oh Sana that sounds delicious.I am so hungry but I have workmen here and I cannot get in my kitchen :(

Mezoo

VIP Member
Shrimp Brik

My number 1 best ! ! ! (except NO EGG!) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Trulymadlydeeply

Mezoo could you knock some up and get them over by 2ish???? ;)

Sana

Hi truly

have u tried it yesterday?

Trulymadlydeeply

Sana, no I didnt but I will definitely try it at the weekend, I'll have more time for errors!!!!! ;)

bobby g

Hi Sana, the shrimp brik recipe looks like one I would like to try, just excuse my ignorance but what is Thon?:D:D is it garlic or a herb/spice, I have not heard of it?

lauren omranii

just excuse my ignorance but what is Thon?:D:D is it garlic or a herb/spice, I have not heard of it?
i think thon is tuna. im sure sumone will correct me tho if im wrong.

bobby g

You know Lauren, now you say it I think you're right. I might leave it out if it is as I'm not keen on tuna.:D

Mezoo

VIP Member
Mezoo could you knock some up and get them over by 2ish???? ;)
where were you Truly,,Nour is the chef around here,,we did brik and shrimpys last night and you were not around --man brik is the best :D :D :D

Trulymadlydeeply

Oh damn, missed out then!!! :D I was at a quiz night fund raising for my sons football team :D

Whats man brik???? Am I daft??? Hit man with brik, lol

Mezoo

VIP Member
Oh damn, missed out then!!! :D I was at a quiz night fund raising for my sons football team :D

Whats man brik???? Am I daft??? Hit man with brik, lol
i don know--i graduated from the university of Balvenie, how should i know what i'm saying half the time :eek: :cool:

Trulymadlydeeply

Mmmm been on the scotch again???? Missed out on that too, huh, your round, lol :D

sarabslimene

Greetings fellow Tunisian food lovers.....I absolutely adore brik and have attempted to cook it at home a few times when one of our friends has returned with the brik papers from the loving hand of their respective mothers. I have tried all local suppliers of exotic food products but cannot get hold of the brik papers. Does anyone know anywhere in the UK I can get them and are they easy to make? I understand they are made from semolina flour accordng to my hubby but we've got no idea how to prepare. Any tips most welcome. xx

bobby g

I tried Sana's brik recipe and used filo pastry which I thought would do the job. Turned out ok, but don't suppose they looked like the real thing.

Trulymadlydeeply

Greetings fellow Tunisian food lovers.....I absolutely adore brik and have attempted to cook it at home a few times when one of our friends has returned with the brik papers from the loving hand of their respective mothers. I have tried all local suppliers of exotic food products but cannot get hold of the brik papers. Does anyone know anywhere in the UK I can get them and are they easy to make? I understand they are made from semolina flour accordng to my hubby but we've got no idea how to prepare. Any tips most welcome. xx
If you have got any turkish food centres near where you live they sell the brik papers, also heard the chinese shops sell them too :eek::eek:

bobby g

Chinese shops, are they used for the crispy duck pancakes?

Trulymadlydeeply

I think it must be those ones, yes..

bobby g

might try those next time, but the filo worked ok.:) tasted ok too.:D