preparing Brik

ROULLA

i didnt use it yet, but i was gonna use it to make brik.... coz i remember reading here someone said the spring roll and the brik pastry are the same. i thought filo pastry is different as it has many layers and the brik pastry is thicker... :) :)
Yes you are right the filo pastry is thinner, so your making brik shall we bring anything to go with that:D x

sianperkins89

haha umm, i dont know lol... i just like them the way houssem's mum makes them. perhaps i should watch over her making them then attempt them myself back in england :)
guten nacht! i'm off to bed, got work tomorrow :(

FoxyRoxie89

mmmmm... Brik is S favourite, when he was in hosp he told his mum thats what he wanted her to make me for dinner... but i dont like shrimp so will never be having brik with shrimp!!

I will have to remember the recipe is here for one day in the future :D

crazypink

Love brik but dnt like shrimp! We make brik often at home - my eldest son loves it!

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Essem

Staff member
Made some tonught - delicious!

C

Cas

The brik sheets I bought in Hammam Sousse Monoprix in October are still fresh and good to use kept wrapped well in the fridge, amazing.

Essem

Staff member

sianperkins89

that lady makes it look so simple! but no matter how many times i follow instructions or watch someone make them - mine go wrong. :(

Janan

Banned
good idea making triangels

ROULLA

catoussama

if i wanted to find brik pastry in the UK what would it be called? I am sooo looking forward to Ramadan, want to make to food as good as possible to make for hubby not being with the family this year :-( he is missing dragging the tv out onto the terrace to enjoy the cool night air and ramadan food! xx

MellieC

try indian food shops ~ SAMOSA's, or you make them with FILO pastry!

catoussama

thanks Mel :) hope your well xx

trotter

Hi mem43 , im not a great lover of brik! but i have tried many varities i found it quite greasy . But last time i was in Jendouba we was invited to a family that are from Djerba they prepared a grilled/roasted version it was so lovely so i was pleasently surprised .

MellieC

thanks Mel :) hope your well xx
i am hun thanks.

you can get filo pastry for the freezer Mr Pilsbury lol but the asian shops that sell Samosas, brik and samosa are the same thing!

MellieC

Hi mem43 , im not a great lover of brik! but i have tried many varities i found it quite greasy . But last time i was in Jendouba we was invited to a family that are from Djerba they prepared a grilled/roasted version it was so lovely so i was pleasently surprised .
trotter,
somewhere in this thread is a roasted version, tunisianbelle posted it with pics, ONE HUGE Brik, you might want to have a look you might fancy trying it!

trotter

Thanks Mel i will have a look ! :)

happytunisian

Am I the only person that has ever been to Tunisia that doesnt like brik? SORRY! :eek:
hi memo43 nchalla romdhanik mabrouk!! do u know if u can get a chorbit ch3ir in UK?? if so where from?? plz!!