Red Lizard Train - Lezard Rouge

Tunisianbelle

I guess it depends on the season and how many people happen to want to board that day.

When we went, it was a March and we got a seat right away with no problems. The train wasn't overly crowded either and our ride was very pleasant and enjoyable.

I guess it depends on the season and how many people happen to want to board that day.

When we went, it was a March and we got a seat right away with no problems. The train wasn't overly crowded either and our ride was very pleasant and enjoyable.
I guess that's true, March is not going to be that busy, however if it what we witnesed is anything to go by, I would hate to see what it's like in July or August. To be honest, the Roman remains are more my thing so I am perhaps a little biased in my opinions.

ROULLA

Essem

Staff member
train to and from phosphate mine near metlaoui.JPGMe on LIzard Rouge.JPGview from Lizrd Rouge.JPGLizard Rouge Metlaoui.JPGview 2 from Lizard Rouge.JPG

ROULLA

ROULLA

Back on track.........................................

Resumption of activity of Red Lizard Metlaoui

The tourist train "the Red Lizard" Metlaoui (Gafsa) has resumed its activities this week after a break of three months, says an official of the national railways for Tunisian District of Southwest.
The train has already organized three tourist shuttles Metlaoui towards Selja Gorge, one of the most popular tourist destinations in the region. This figure will increase to 6 trips per week, the official said.
The region of South West knows, usually, a strong influx of foreign visitors and Tunisians this time of year coincides with spring break.

C

Cas

Fantastic little train and the ride up into the hills is brilliant, great for all you budding photographers, can do some hanging out of the train shots looking into the gorges.

Essem

Staff member
The Red Lizard at Metlaoui restarted today

The tourist train known as the Red Lizard of Metlaoui was restarted this morning after the suspension of its activities for one year.

The director of the travel agency that owns the train, Mr. Abdel Aziz Touil, stated that with 120 foreign tourists and Tunisians on board, the train made its first trip this morning from the train station in Metlaoui towards the Selja Mountains through one of the most important tourist destinations in the region.

With the resumption of tourism in the region, it is expected that this train will make six trips a week.

Source: TAP

BRISASSS

Excellent...i got good memories of my trip on the train. :)

C

Cas

Fantastic little train and great trip, views brilliant.

Essem

Staff member

Essem

Staff member