Return US Home ~ Latest Update

Trulymadlydeeply

I have been following this lady an American Citizen story for 3 years. It has been truly harrowing for her and her family. She has shown true strength and courage in the fight to be reunited with her 2 children after her husband a Tunisian abducted them in America and fled to Tunisia with them. It is far from over as he still has her son against his will and against court rulings in the United States and Tunisia.

Please see post below on the latest updates....

Trulymadlydeeply

Good morning all,
I write you today with some wonderful news: Zainab and I have returned home to the U.S.!
Although we are very thankful and feeling the blessing of being home, not a moment passes that we don't feel the absence of Eslam. The children's father has continued to prevent any of us from communicating with Eslam, and the Tunisian government has failed to enforce his right of familyhood with Zainab and I. It became necessary for Zainab and I to return at this time due to impeding threats to us. So, we celebrate our victory, but the work is not complete. Please pray for Eslam and his return home soon!
Many of you may wish to contact us, and I'm sure there will be tons of questions. More details will be provided as the days go by. For now, we are taking some needed time to recuperate from the journey home to U.S. soil!

~Edeanna

This was dated 26th August 2014

Essem

Staff member
home.jpg

Trulymadlydeeply

Thank you for posting that for me Essem for some reason it wouldn't let me do it?!

Aslemma

It seems that tomorrow is the day the court will make a ruling, providing of course that the case isn't put back. I'm sure all those who know of this horrendously sad story will be praying not only for a satisfactory ruling, but that whatever sentence is imposed is carried out without further delay and that Eslam can return to his mother and sister immediately.

Aslemma

Has anyone any further information regarding this? The latest court case was set for 13th November but I can't find anything about it on line.

missmetal

Someone should start a petition to bring him home....this usually gets enough public pressure that puts pressure on the governments to do something.

I hope this is resolved soon...poor family and kid

BELLO2014

where did they live ?
Marsa ? ou ... ?

Trulymadlydeeply

Return US Home
16 hrs ·
******NEW CTA and update*********

http://tinyurl.com/n6r5mjw

With the uncertainty of the political future of the country, communications with various Tunisian officials has grinded to a halt. At the same time, the criminal case initiated against the children’s father for Parental Kidnapping in Tunisia was decided upon a week ago. Despite three Tunisian court rulings – including a Tunisian Supreme Court judgment – declaring that Eslam and Zainab were illegally removed from the United States, the criminal prosecutor found Faical not guilty. This is a decision which we are in the process of appealing. Given that the courts’ decision was delayed for nearly three weeks until after the first Tunisian Presidential election had commenced, MY PERSONAL PERCEPTION is that the verdict was directly related to the outcome of this event.

Just a week ago, a picture emerged on their father’s facebook page of him with the expected President elect, Beji Caid Essebsi, at a private gathering in Tunisia. The disturbing impression this leaves is that Mr. Essebsi has close ties with Faical. Today’s CTA is a letter addressed to Mr. Essebsi, seeking his renunciation of ties to the children’s father, and his assurance that the Tunisian law will be upheld, allowing Eslam to return home to us.

Trulymadlydeeply

As expected how awful for the poor child and the family concerned...:(

Essem

Staff member

Return US Home
16 hrs ·
******NEW CTA and update*********

http://tinyurl.com/n6r5mjw

With the uncertainty of the political future of the country, communications with various Tunisian officials has grinded to a halt. At the same time, the criminal case initiated against the children’s father for Parental Kidnapping in Tunisia was decided upon a week ago. Despite three Tunisian court rulings – including a Tunisian Supreme Court judgment – declaring that Eslam and Zainab were illegally removed from the United States, the criminal prosecutor found Faical not guilty. This is a decision which we are in the process of appealing. Given that the courts’ decision was delayed for nearly three weeks until after the first Tunisian Presidential election had commenced, MY PERSONAL PERCEPTION is that the verdict was directly related to the outcome of this event.

Just a week ago, a picture emerged on their father’s facebook page of him with the expected President elect, Beji Caid Essebsi, at a private gathering in Tunisia. The disturbing impression this leaves is that Mr. Essebsi has close ties with Faical. Today’s CTA is a letter addressed to Mr. Essebsi, seeking his renunciation of ties to the children’s father, and his assurance that the Tunisian law will be upheld, allowing Eslam to return home to us.
Foreigners just can't win in Tunisia in any aspect of life.

Trulymadlydeeply

Letter to Co-Chairs of the Congressional Tunisia Caucus
By completeing and sending this letter to the Co-chairs of the Congressional Tunisia Caucus (Rep. Hastings, 20th district, FL and Rep. Schweikert, 6th district, AZ), you are requesting their cordial, yet firm, intercession on behalf of Eslam Chebbi, and all illegally abducted American children to the Republic of Tunisia.
On behalf of Eslam, Zainab and Edeanna, we thank you!

Please share this message widely via email to any and all of your contacts, and constituents of Representatives Hastings and Schweikert.

Together, we can bring our babies home!

April 9, 2015

Representatives Hastings and SchweikertCo-Chairs, Congressional Tunisia CaucusU.S. House of Representatives

RE: Cordial advocacy for the return of abducted American children, Eslam Chebbi, et al., from the Republic of Tunisia

Dear Congressmen Hastings and Schweikert,

I am writing to you, Co-chairs of the Congressional Tunisia Caucus, as a constituent with deep concern for the U.S.-Tunisian relationship. I seek your aid and advocacy to ensure continued progress toward democracy in Tunisia and strengthened relations between our two countries.

In November of 2011, Eslam Chebbi (then age 5) and Zainab Chebbi (then age 2) – born and raised in the state of Maryland – were illegally abducted by their father, Faical Chebbi, to his native home in Tunis, Tunisia. In January of 2012, their mother, Édeanna Barbirou, relocated to Tunis in pursuit of her legal rights through the Tunisian judicial process of parental custody granted in U.S. courts. Since this time, she has worked closely with the Tunisian Consul to the U.S., Tunisian Ministries of Justice, Foreign Affairs, and Interior (in Tunisia), the U.S. Department of State, the FBI, the U.S. consul and Ambassador to Tunisia, and Senators Cardin and Mikulski, for the right to return with Eslam and Zainab to America. In these three years Édeanna has obtained primary, Appellate and Supreme Court decisions – through the Tunisian courts – recognizing her rights of custody of both Eslam and Zainab in the United States.

In 2013, Édeanna was able to retain custody of her daughter, Zainab, while still in Tunis. Despite every diplomatic and political pressure imaginable, the Tunisian government has refused to uphold its constitutional duty to execute the rulings of its highest courts and return Eslam to his family. By July of 2014, Eslam was completely isolated from his mother and sister. Without means of seeing, or even communicating with him, Zainab and Édeanna returned to the U.S. in August 2014.

Eslam remains captive, against Tunisian law, with his father in Tunis. Faical Chebbi is one of the FBI’s Most Wanted fugitives for the crime of Parental Child Abduction, and was recently sentenced to two months imprisonment through Tunisian criminal courts for the same crime under its domestic law. Today, however, he remains free, the Tunisian Supreme Court orders remain unenforced, and Eslam remains isolated from even speaking to his mother and sister on the phone. In addition to Eslam, there are at least 6 other unresolved cases of parental child abduction to Tunisia.

Like you, I hope for a secure and democratic Tunisia that honors the rights of its most vulnerable citizens, upholds the letters of its Constitution, and firmly adheres to the Rule of Law. I hope that you’ll agree that a key component to strengthening U.S.-Tunisian relations begins with ensuring the return of our captive American children.

Congressmen, I am seeking your cordial, yet firm, intercession, on behalf of Eslam Chebbi, and all illegally abducted American children being denied their rights of familyhood in Tunisia, with the Tunisian government. I applaud your work, and the efforts of the Tunisia Caucus, and pray for the day that we can all celebrate a truly democratic Tunisia! But this will never be achieved if the rights of the smallest, and most helpless, are ignored. Please be a voice for Eslam, a true symbol of democracy and respect for the U.S.-Tunisian relationship.

With sincere appreciation,

Name

First
Last

Email
Address

Street Address
Street Address Line 2
City
Region
Postal / Zip Code
Country

Trulymadlydeeply

I cannot post the link to send the letter :(

You will find it on their Return US Home page on facebook

YOLO

The guy sound familiar to me!!!, idk where I saw him.

Trulymadlydeeply

Eslam Chebbi is now in the US back with his Mum and family. A long fight where justice was served.

Essem

Staff member
Great news Truly. And the dad is in prison?

Trulymadlydeeply

Sorry I thought that would show the link. Yes he was imprisoned.