schengen visa>???

Kitten

hi all
ive been searching for french embassy schengen ..coz my hubby wants to travel there alone, so he needs schengen,hes already got his residence card stamped in passport for 5 years, the embasy gave me number of TLS COntact to call and make appointment....does anyone know about this? is it like a 3rd party company or what? dont want to be overcharged on it....also how much does it actually cost, websites differ...i thought he could just go there in person and apply? is it this complicated?
many thanks

MellieC

hun he needs the full schengen visa ~ his residence card means nothing unless you travel with him or hes joining you!!!

he is a tune visiting france ~ as welcome as a poke in the eye in france at the moment lol

its about £35 for the tourist short stay visa, he will have to show return ticket accommodation and funds to get the visa.

just the same as if he was travelling from tune to france!!!

crazypink

Mel is it different if you are travelling with them??

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

MellieC

hi hun, yes, if you travel together, you as a brit going to france, (or any other schengen state) for any length of time are covered by "free movement" as the schengen states are also in the EU/EEA hubbies rights are DERIVED through yours, but he must be travelling with you or to join you.

because Kittens hubby has his 5 year residence card, he can travel freely throughout the EU, BUT not on his own, his right to that is derived from Kitten, who is an EU national exercising her treaty right of free movement and residence in the UK, hence her hubby got the EEA fp to enter the UK based on HER being there, he was joining his wife.

if kitten and hubby go togeether to france, then hubby needs NO VISA ~ if kitten goes to france and hubby can PROVE she is there and he is going to her ~ he needs no visa

crazypink

hi hun, yes, if you travel together, you as a brit going to france, (or any other schengen state) for any length of time are covered by "free movement" as the schengen states are also in the EU/EEA hubbies rights are DERIVED through yours, but he must be travelling with you or to join you.

because Kittens hubby has his 5 year residence card, he can travel freely throughout the EU, BUT not on his own, his right to that is derived from Kitten, who is an EU national exercising her treaty right of free movement and residence in the UK, hence her hubby got the EEA fp to enter the UK based on HER being there, he was joining his wife.

if kitten and hubby go togeether to france, then hubby needs NO VISA ~ if kitten goes to france and hubby can PROVE she is there and he is going to her ~ he needs no visa
So if me and A are visiting France together he would not need a visa?? Sorry just want to clarify!

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

MellieC

no prob hun,,

it does get complicated, ~ in kittens case, her hubby has a residence card, issued under free movment, so i know what she has read and what she is confused about, it confuses everyone!

for you and A ~ he needs a visa, BUT because you are a brit, going to another eu state, A gets a free visa, same as fred did to go to italy, its all the same thing!
some eu states will recognise ILR as being the same, some won't its a mess, no-one is singing from the same page in the EU!!!

so you get the free visa, all you have to prove are identity and marital ties ~ passports and marraige cert!
even though A is a tune, when he accompanies YOU (the EU citizen) or joins YOU (the EU citizen) hes under free movment, and it doen'st matter what his natioanlity is,
also as a tune they always need visa's.
For the EU if hes with you its a freebie, if hes going on his own he gets to pay!!
kittens hubby only needs a visa because he is travelling alone, if they were both going he wouldnt have to have the free one,
his residence card is fine but only when with her, cos its HER right of free movement, same as me and fred, hes here in france, had a free italian visa, his rights are through me the EU citizen!

the fun part is getting back into the UK

Kitten

oh thanks Mel for your reply
wow even proof of accomodation? but hes going to see his brother who is in france, hes not goin to hotel,i have read the applicaiton form and he needs to provide bank statements also but employers details he doesntt need if i read correct haha
do u know anything about this TLScontact? who are they? are they the only way to aply? through them?
thanks a milion xx

MellieC

no hun, if you use another service you get to pay more, go directly to the french embassy, he will need his bro to provide proof of accommodation and his details etc, it would be so much easier if you just went as well lol byut i know why you can't at this time.

hubby has to fill in ALL the schengen visa application form, he has to have a set amount of money for the number of days hes going to be there ~ the whole 9 yards!!!

if i were him, i would hang on a while if possible until you can travel together lol

MellieC

just read, sorry hun my mistake, TLS isn't an independant its like world bridge for the UK!!!

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/-Visa,805-

check this page out ~ it should have all the info you need

MellieC

Fees

Visas fees
Usual administrative fees:
60 € for transit, airport transit, short stay, DOM-TOM or countries represented by the French Consulate visas, payable in pound Sterling only. The fee is accorded to the exchange rate of the British Pound against the Euro, so may vary between £45 and £60.

99 € for long stay visas, payable in pound Sterling only. The fee is accorded to the exchange rate of the British Pound against the Euro, so may vary between £80 and £105.
Some concessions apply:
The visa will be free of charge, on presentation of the appropriate evidence to:
children under the age of 6 applying for a short stay Schengen visa;
French teachers;
researchers travelling to France in order to conduct scientific researches;
teachers and children travelling on a school trip;
spouses of French Nationals;
spouses of European Union citizens;
dependant children, under the age of 21, of European Union citizens, all but French nationals;
dependant parents of European Union citizens, all but French nationals;
holders of diplomatic passports.

MellieC

The visa fee is € 35 (to be paid in £) for:

Children between the age of 6 and 12 years old;
Nationals from Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, FYROM, Kosovo, Moldavia, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia (only for holders on non biometric passports), Georgia (since 1st March 2011) and Ukraine.

Be advised that children and spouses whose names are apposed onto their relative’s passport need to lodge an individual application, i.e. fill in an application form and pay the visa administrative fee.
Please note that the visa fees are charged for the administrative process and not the visa itself. Visa fees will not be refunded whatever the outcome of the visa application.
Service fee charged by TLScontact:
In addition to the visa administrative fee, TLScontact will charge its own service fee equivalent to €28 - payable in £ so varies according to the exchange rate of the British Pound against the Euro.

Kitten

wow Mel
it looks so complicated yes, its really better that i go with him, easier really, specially as his brother wont be able to provide accomodation, as hes not ....well anyway :)
he wants to go just to see his brother and doesnt wana take me coz it wont be like real holiday for us, living in his brothers house or i dont know..
just one more thing..on the application it states some parts of it dont need to be filled out if u are spouse of eea..does he still have to fill everything..and provide emplyoers details, bank details and everything??

MellieC

according to the french website, IF your hubby proves hes under FM, and the spouse of an EU citizen he will get the free visa,
BUT be ready for them to say he has to pay cos you are not travelling with him

hits 35euro/£ and TLS charge 28euro/£ for processing!!!!
what a con!!!!!!

pay for external processing for a free visa thats taking the piss!!!!

it says to go to their website and fill in the questionaire, im on limited internet time i can't fill it in today to see what it throws up lol

MellieC

you will have to check that with TLS, on the one hand as he is a spouse of an EU/EEA citizen then no, and it could be the free visa, BUT thats for "accompanying or joining" the EU/EEA citizen, and hes not, cos that is YOU and you aren't going!!!

see what TLS say!!!

they have the control on it, not the EU, they couldn't control a rice pudding!!!

MellieC

if any of these are close by, go and ask them!!

The French Consulate has accredited the following travel agencies to represent their customers in visa applications at the TLScontact visas centre:
C’est la VI’SA A120/2010 2nd Floor, 142 Buckingham Palace Road London SW1W 9TR www.cestlavisa.co.uk
CIBT A101/2010 Parnell House 25 Wilton Road London SW1V 1LW www.uk.cibt.com
Cox & Kings Travel A102/2010 30 Millbank London SW1P 4EE www.coxandkings.co.uk
Expat Explore A103/2010 Unit 40, City Business Centre, Lower Road London SE16 2XB www.expatexplore.com
Far East Travel Centre AP117/2010 72a Shaftesbury Avenue London W1D 6NB www.fetc.co.uk
Hogg Robinson Travel A107/2010 Spectrum Point, 279 Farnborough Road Farnborough GU14 7NJ www.hoggrobinsongroup.com
Mobile Visa Service A104/2010 23 Ashlake Road London SW16 2BB www.mobilevisaservice.com
Multi Travel Visas AP116/2010 4 Royal Mint Court London EC3N 4HJ www.multitravelvisas.co.uk
Nexus Visas A108/2010 1st floor, 9 – 13 Fulham High Street London SW6 3JH www.nexusvisas.co.uk
Omnia Visa Services A109/2010 Unit 114, the Finsbury Business Ctr 40 Bowling Green Lane, London EC1R 0NE www.omniavisas.com

Kitten

cool will give them a call tomorrow or so, or he will and ask
although me and him called today and only person we could talk to was operator who didnt know much, he told us to register and well be sent all the info
i didnt know who TLS was, so didnt want to register, but looks like if hubby wants to go, he will have to

MellieC

MellieC

Star Tours A111/2010 35 Hazeldean Road London NW10 8QT www.startours.co.uk
Taj Tours A122/2010 93 Ealing Road London HA0 4BN www.tajtours.co.uk
Tong Hang Tour A106/2010 28 Cliff View Road London SE13 5DD www.tonghang88.com
Visa First A112/2010 1st floor, 277 – 281 Oxford Street London W1C 2DL www.visafirst.com
Visa to Europe AP124/2010 Suite 326, One Hammersmith Grove London W6 0NB www.visatoeurope.com
WQAssociates AP119/2010 50 Broadway, St James’s Park, London SW1H 0RG www.wqassoc.com
Attention:
Those are the only agencies accredited by the French Consulate, London: You are strongly advised to use the services of accredited agencies;
You will be charged a service fee by the agency in addition to the regular visa administrative fees - as defined on http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Fees.html;
Those service fees vary considerably from one agency to another: The French Consulate does not regulate the fees charged;
The Consulate declines any responsibility should problems occur between the visa national and the agencies.

MellieC

you can check out these other places, but yes, TLS are connected to the embassy, at first i thought you were talking about a visa service thats not connected to the embassy!!!!

MellieC

Personal appearance at the TLScontact visa centre
Several categories of visas applicants (in particular those living far from London) will soon have the opportunity to send their application by post. In the meantime personal appearance of applicants is mandatory.
Some exceptions are already granted :
official passport holders (diplomatic, service, special)
children under 12 years old,
family members (ascendant, descendant and spouse) traveling as a group and represented by one of the traveling member (over 18 years old),
holders of a circulation visa which expiration is below 12 months
people applying through accredited agencies (see the list of accredited agencies)