Sending/ Transferring Money to Tunisia! xx

Trulymadlydeeply

Welcome hamzah, have you had any response? My sister works in Thomas Cook on the foreign exchange bit she has changed TND before? Maybe you could try your local branch?

Neil

i need to send some money to tunisia bank wants to charge me £25 for a CHAPS transfer however my cunning plan maybe to post a pre-paid credit/debit card keeping the pin secret untill it arrives thus allowing the person to obtain money via ATM MACHINE @2.5% below bank exchange rate on the day (i should add that i do not know the person it is a deposit for rental property) the card then returned to me when i arrive in country does anybody know a reason why this would not work ?

lainie

hey neil
will pm you in a mo, ok as i know a way to do this.

Scottochott

It should work Neil, but I would be wary of paying a deposit to a stranger without first seeing the property to make sure you are happy, do not depend on photos alone!

Before I bought I used to rent, but never paid deposit, just paid on arrival when I had seen the property

Neil

It should work Neil, but I would be wary of paying a deposit to a stranger without first seeing the property to make sure you are happy, do not depend on photos alone!

Before I bought I used to rent, but never paid deposit, just paid on arrival when I had seen the property
i have around 100 replied emails and recent taken photos his home address and landline number have spoke on phone and property is advertised in several places it seems to be common practice to pay a small deposit oh and i have a postal contract from him with a tourist type goverment stamp on it also i dont know what else i can do ????

annibee

i have around 100 replied emails and recent taken photos his home address and landline number have spoke on phone and property is advertised in several places it seems to be common practice to pay a small deposit oh and i have a postal contract from him with a tourist type goverment stamp on it also i dont know what else i can do ????
cant you send western union neil?

C

Cas

i need to send some money to tunisia bank wants to charge me £25 for a CHAPS transfer however my cunning plan maybe to post a pre-paid credit/debit card keeping the pin secret untill it arrives thus allowing the person to obtain money via ATM MACHINE @2.5% below bank exchange rate on the day (i should add that i do not know the person it is a deposit for rental property) the card then returned to me when i arrive in country does anybody know a reason why this would not work ?
I sent a postdated cheque in sterling that was returned when we arrived and had paid cash TD for actual rentalupon arrival after we had an initial look around the place. Things that we were not really pleased about you have to remember are generally acceptable over there. The owner was actually trusting but we had rapport online before we arrived. a rental place very pricey would not do this in the UK but all worked OK over there. Also rented a place in France and set up was similiar although owners were in UK a neighbour dealt with deposit. We had infestation of termites, this seemed to be acceptable to English owners ???? property was on edge of Beech forests was their excuse.

Neil

cant you send western union neil?
its not secure no way to claw it back is it goes pear shaped i have his bank account details all in his name also

Scottochott

Sounds legit maybe it's just my nasty suspicious mind! If it's through an agent you may be covered, if dealing direct I would still be wary. How did you find this guy?

Neil

I sent a postdated cheque in sterling that was returned when we arrived and had paid cash TD for actual rental. The owner was actually trusting but we had rapport online before we arrived. a rental place very pricey would not do this in the UK but all worked OK over there.
great idea dont know if he will go for that though and i dont have a cheque book anymore lol can you still get them ?

annibee

great idea dont know if he will go for that though and i dont have a cheque book anymore lol can you still get them ?
i think your bank would write one out for you if you dont want a whole book. i still have cheque book lol

C

Cas

We kept a couple just for stuff like this, I think your bank will provide.

Neil

Sounds legit maybe it's just my nasty suspicious mind! If
it's through an agent you may be covered, if dealing direct I would still be wary. How did you find this guy?
advertised on several agent web sites i am very suspicious minded also hence why i threw the question out, i also am a keen shooting expert also however

lainie

i got rbs and santander cheque book

Neil

hey neil
will pm you in a mo, ok as i know a way to do this.
will wait to see what lainie has to say then maybe ask him if will take post dated cheque option come on laine nail it for me xxx

lainie

Neil

ok have decided I THINK LOL i am going to ask the cheque book question blaming expensive bank charges see what response i get and gauge from there if he wont go with that then pre paid card route i think is ok or do i just stop penny pinching and pay the bank lol but they offer no security either ohhhhhhh god dam it i dunno now

lainie

dont pay the bank - bloody rip of merchants!

gem15

Im with Scottochott on this one. Please be very careful when renting from someone you dont know. I do a small bit of renting and selling myslef and its a brutal business and you can find yourself in trouble when dealing with a tunisian. Just make sure you are covered at all angles!