Sending/ Transferring Money to Tunisia! xx

Neil

Im with Scottochott on this one. Please be very careful when renting from someone you dont know. I do a small bit of renting and selling myslef and its a brutal business and you can find yourself in trouble when dealing with a tunisian. Just make sure you are covered at all angles!
I am working on a new plan just waiting for a phone call to see if its possible watch this space

caveatemptor

It`s not just Tunisians you should be wary of, there is a newly arrived English couple in Hammam-Sousse who have reneged on every promise they have made. Details available by PM !

Neil

I am working on a new plan just waiting for a phone call to see if its possible watch this space
Plan is in operation i have aquired a fairy god mother who is going to view the property for me and pay the deposit in person whilst there so can not get much better than that perfect end to what will be a perfect holiday i am sure thanks to all for your help again.

Neil

Plan is in operation i have aquired a fairy god mother who is going to view the property for me and pay the deposit in person whilst there so can not get much better than that perfect end to what will be a perfect holiday i am sure thanks to all for your help again.
Fairy god mother due to report back to me this evening so on tender hooks awaiting report

Neil

Fairy god mother due to report back to me this evening so on tender hooks awaiting report
And we shoot and score people all is well and its a DONE DEAL :D

T

Thomas

Hello ,

How I can transfer 12,000TND to United Kingdom ? Do I need to open a foreign currency account in Tunisia?Do I need to send the money in GBP(british pounds)? Is anybody who can help me ?
I really need help.
I appreciate it.

Thank you ,
Thomas

Trulymadlydeeply

I don't think it is possible unless you can show a paper trail of the money originating outside of Tunisia.

Essem

Staff member
Hi Thomas

Any money I've transferred back to the UK, originated there and was declared either at the airport on the way in or through the banking system and deposited in my account here.

I think (not sure) that if you have a business it might be possible but I really don't know the ins and outs of that.

Milk

So people still can't send money "out" of Tunisia? Not even through western union, instagram...nothing!?

missmetal

Maybe through a bank transfer? Maybe get him to speak to this bank?

Jane BM

So people still can't send money "out" of Tunisia? Not even through western union, instagram...nothing!?
Generally no I'm afraid

Jane BM

Check out the recent thread Milk, Reputable banks.....but remember its a closed currency so transferring it into sterling/dollars from a dinar account doesn't seem possible (if youre Tunisian so don't hold any other accounts).

Essem

Staff member
I don't think anything has changed re them being unable to send money out of Tunisia.

Aslemma

I think all the multitude of Western Union branches you see throughout Tunisia are for the benefit of Tunisians receiving money from the UK, though my own bank did manage to transfer some to me when I lost my cards many years ago.

Trulymadlydeeply

In other words we don't give to receive
:p

Clarry

I need to make a transfer from the u.k. To my partners bank account in Tunis (for visa purposes). What I'm wondering is, can he transfer it back to me again if necessary? Are there any rules regarding this?

Essem

Staff member
He can't transfer it back.

Clarry

Ok thanks. Why is that? Is it not even possible from his bank to mine?

Essem

Staff member
It would probably be a dinar account that he has?? The dinar is closed currency, theoretically the dinar cannot be exported.

Clarry

I think it is a dinar account yes. he couldn't ask the bank to convert to GBP to transfer back to the uk?