Setting up a company as a foreigner

Good luck with your business Erica.

There are several successful expat businesses here now.

Let me know when and where, I'll come and do some pix and we can showcase it on here and on tunisia.com facebook.

Ads will cost but they're not expensive.

And, of course, you'll be offering the approproiate discounts for tunisia.com members! ;):p

I will bear that in mind i expect it will take me a while to get things of the ground and i have limated income but where theres a will theres a way i will be in touch and thankyou

spicechef

Dear all, anyone wants to open an Indian restaurant? I am an Indian chef having 13 years experience, worked in India and abroad. If anyone wants to open an Indian restaurant please do contact me. Currently I am in India &willing to relocate.

spicechef

Start an indian restaurant ,i dont see any indian restaraunt in tunisia by searching internet.I am a indian chef ,if you want we can discuss it further.

Essem

Staff member
There was one here in Sousse s few years ago. It's said it wasn't very good but never had the chance to try it.

Essem

Staff member
Why do you want to leave India? Why Tunisia?

spicechef

Hi essem,thanks for the reply.I were worked in differnt countries ,so its part of my career and also i like africa...........

Essem

Staff member
Well the very best of luck with your plans.

I'm sure Tunisia could be doing with a fabulous Indian restaurant, Sousse expecially!

Hope you'll give discount for tunisia.com members!:p

soleil

What a great idea. Love Tunisian cooking, but love a good curry! (and chinese, thai....list goes on and on... :D)

C

Cas

Me too Soleil, not forgetting Mexican, Japanese, Polynesian well just about anything.

caveatemptor

Me too Soleil, not forgetting Mexican, Japanese, Polynesian well just about anything.

It has been tried before, very successful to start with using an Indian chef, but as I understand it the Tunisian owners thought they could do as well with a cheaper local chef, you can probably guess the rest.

C

Cas

It has been tried before, very successful to start with using an Indian chef, but as I understand it the Tunisian owners thought they could do as well with a cheaper local chef, you can probably guess the rest.
Cave, you will perhaps know more but the Indian restaurant that opened a few years ago right next to the Tour Khalef gates was opened by an Indian guy from Leicester I would think in partnership with Tunisians? I spoke to his brother here at the time and was surprised that he wasn`t there very much. Also think the problem was that it opened right at the time when hotels were all going all inclusive so people had even less need.

spicechef

Thank you all for the opinions and the views.

Essem: About the discount, the investor has to decide whether to give discount or not. However, it an great idea to have regular guest from the tunisia.com members ,the problem is how to identify the forum members, may be by giving them special coupons?

Soliel &cas: This is also a good option to open a Pan Asian restaurant which includes Indian cuisine also, so that can have more variety of food as well as to cover more customer.

Cave &cas : As you said it will be more appropriate and authentic to run a restaurant with the proper chef and also the management should have a healthy business plan before they start, at the same time location also plays very important role.......up to my knowledge there is not many Indian restaurant in Tunisia ,a good restaurant will sure get success.

Essem

Staff member
Hi Spicechef

Coupons/vouchers not a problem to issue to members - we can organise that.

C

Cas

I like your approach Spice Chef, seems you have a business plan in mind? location 100% important maybe now the best idea is to appeal to local people not just tourists. Pan Asian would be great. So many good spices available locally but not all that you would need and of course pork not acceptable to local people so turkey maybe a good substitute. I would get a local grower to grow the right vegetables needed also.

caveatemptor

A very important aspect is to have a watertight contract, don`t take a verbal agreement, it means nothing here, even then be very wary who you deal with. Good luck, I think you have a very good idea. Cas hit the nail on the head when she advises you cater for the local market not just tourists. Tourists come and go, residents are here to stay.

spicechef

I like your approach Spice Chef, seems you have a business plan in mind? location 100% important maybe now the best idea is to appeal to local people not just tourists. Pan Asian would be great. So many good spices available locally but not all that you would need and of course pork not acceptable to local people so turkey maybe a good substitute. I would get a local grower to grow the right vegetables needed also.

Thanks cas, Yes, I do have a business plan. As you mentioned It is better to get opinions and views from local people as well not just the foreigners .Menu will be planed & catered according to local's as well as tourist’s. I am actually not fully aware of the place , hope to have views from the future investor.

Most of the Indian spices available in all of the places, only few spices we can't find and that need to get it from India or from neighboring countries, but spices from India gives real flavor and punch.

spicechef

A very important aspect is to have a watertight contract, don`t take a verbal agreement, it means nothing here, even then be very wary who you deal with. Good luck, I think you have a very good idea. Cas hit the nail on the head when she advises you cater for the local market not just tourists. Tourists come and go, residents are here to stay.

Thanks Cave, yes, there will not be only verbal agreement because I am a foreign employee, so obviously for the visa and work permit there will be an employment contract.

Tourist and local guest both of them are important, but it will be more attracted by tourist &foreign resident, if I am not wrong let say it 70: 30.

torsten

I spent a lot of old, but the cable, I can still find enough on this issue for 51% - I have the most appropriate thing to do with money, etc. just have to deal with this 51% ... :)

Scottochott

Hi Torsten, depending what your planned business is you may be able to avoid it, eg a business in the tourism sector is exempt. What were you thinking of doing?

As previously mentioned do your research well and get professional (accountant/solicito) advice before you invest any money.