Settlement visa

Jane BM

Hi im here for about 18 days and i feel very down im 34 year old i feel like its so hard for me to start from the zero some times i think about back to tunisia as i have my jobe ther but i can't leave my wife cose i love her soo much she desrvee alll the best of this world i cant her her i ascked her to live in tunisia but she cant cose of her child im realy soo confused im just saing maby there is many peple who felt wat i feel no and they can shere experence with me if its not for my wife i will book fligth for tunisia now....
I'm sure if my husband saw this he'd agree with you. Give yourself time Kaled...18 days is nothing....it took my husband about 4 months to find work, and even then it was just menial work, fortunately he was promoted a few times and has a great full time job now. He's been here nearly 3 years now, he still loves his home and misses his family back in Tunisia and that'll never change. When he first came, he made a deal with himself that he'd stay here one whole year before he went back to visit his family, to see all the seasons, all the occasions and immerse himself in the way of living here. He stuck to it and didn't go back for a year...and when he went back....he couldn't wait to come home again....lol...

Give yourself a chance, see if you can find ANY work...my husband also applied for his driving license here and passed it and got himself a car, so he wasn't dependent on me all the time to go places.

Chin up Kaled, it can only get better...and what you're feeling is perfectly normal.

kaled

Think u jane wat u said helped me maby i have to give my self a chance

Jane BM

Think u jane wat u said helped me maby i have to give my self a chance
Definitely give yourself a chance...and your marriage...you've both worked so hard to get to this point..it's bound to be a HUGE change for you....took my husband a long time to get his head around it all and we both faced challenging times and probably always will...lol....but you need to be proactive and get out there and get stuck in!! Enjoy!!!!

kaled

Hii i will get job next week and i need bank accout if some one have info about it pls tell me,i red in internet that i need to prove my residence in london haw can i do that...thx

Jane BM

Hii i will get job next week and i need bank accout if some one have info about it pls tell me,i red in internet that i need to prove my residence in london haw can i do that...thx
Different banks ask for different things....you can get a basic account with people like Nat West or Santander.

Mrs H

As Jane said u will be able to get a basic bank account from Santander. The best way for you to have id is to apply for a provisional driving licence. It will take time for you to adjust and you will always miss home. Took my hubby a few months to settle in too. I'm sure there are plenty more Tunisians living around you. My husband went to the mosque and met friends there. Sometimes having someone to talk to that has been in your situation helps.

kaled

Hii evry body today i went to the bank the me i need a prove of my adress but im living with my wife no thing got my name in it and i did not get my Ni yet...i dont no wat to do i have to provide bank account for my job

Jane BM

Hii evry body today i went to the bank the me i need a prove of my adress but im living with my wife no thing got my name in it and i did not get my Ni yet...i dont no wat to do i have to provide bank account for my job
Have you registered at a doctors yet? If not, get yourself registered at a doctors and you'll get a confirmation letter. You should have your NI number and letter though soon..when did you apply for it?

Mrs H

Can you not give them your wife's bank account then change it once you have yours sorted

Donna Said

Can u get put on the house bills council tax gas electric or mobile phone contract.u should be able to register with a work agency once u have N I no

kaled

Hii donna i just came here one month a go i dont have any bill or tax in wich ther is my name i dont wat to do all banks need adress proof...is ther any one who have been in this setuation.my boss told me i have to open bank accout soo he can pay me

Jane BM

Hii donna i just came here one month a go i dont have any bill or tax in wich ther is my name i dont wat to do all banks need adress proof...is ther any one who have been in this setuation.my boss told me i have to open bank accout soo he can pay me
Well yes you do need a bank account to pay your salary into.....we've given you a few suggestions now Kaled, so you need to perhaps change the council tax bill into your name, register with a doctor and also give the NI contributions helpline s number and ask them...

Did your wife go with you to open your bank account?

ROULLA

Hi kale and welcome to the forum!
For you to have proof of residency you will need a utility bill of some sort ,like gas, electricity bills. They don't however like a mobile bill for some reason.
Has your wife placed you on the tenancy agreement? , this will help as well.
Maybe you and your wife can open a joint account.
I haven't read all your posts so I don't really know much about your situation but has your wife not helped you to obtain all the information that you require?[/QUOTE]

Donna Said

Best way to get registered in UK is to appear on your house bills it's not difficult to do ur wife can can be with u it can all be done over the phone, these letters than can be taken to ur bank as proof of address and registereing ith the GP surgery will also generate a letter with proof of your address. Santandar is an easy bank to use to open a basic account for ur pay to go into. Also apply for a provisional driving license this can be done online. Good luck

kaled

Think u evry body your help.. but i steel dont no haw my wife can change the house bil to my name by pho would u plss give me an exp...think u a lot

Donna Said

Think u evry body your help.. but i steel dont no haw my wife can change the house bil to my name by pho would u plss give me an exp...think u a lot
ur wife can contact gas electric council tax for u it's just a telephone call to them it's not difficult can be done very easy. but she needs to call them.

ROULLA

Hi Kaled, like Donna has already mentioned it really is simple, your wife as an example can call let's say British gas and ask for your name to be added to the account, they may ask if they can speak to you to verify that you are who you say you are and that's it.
So that you can get the ball rolling your wife can give them a meter reading, that way you will receive a bill in the post within 7 to 10 working days, otherwise if you don't give them a meter reading you will have to wait when the quarter bill is due.
It will take your wife 10 minutes or less on the phone and you will have one less thing to think about.
Good luck

Jane BM

Or she can contact her Council tax office and Change the name of the person that the bill is addressed to and they'll send written confirmation...

ROULLA

Hi Kaled, like Donna has already mentioned it really is simple, your wife as an example can call let's say British gas and ask for your name to be added to the account, they may ask if they can speak to you to verify that you are who you say you are and that's it.
So that you can get the ball rolling your wife can give them a meter reading, that way you will receive a bill in the post within 7 to 10 working days, otherwise if you don't give them a meter reading you will have to wait when the quarter bill is due.
It will take your wife 10 minutes or less on the phone and you will have one less thing to think about.
Good luck

hi Kaled, hope you are well!

Kaled if you can't wait 7 to 10 days then once your wife changes the names on a utility bill,she can also register with the same company online and print the details off within a couple of days.

kaled

Hii evry body today i call the isurance my car they told me i have to b in uk for 12 is ther any solution think u