Settlement visa

Mrs K

Hi, I will be doing my husbands spouse visa in 3 months and just wanted to double check about bank statements, I dont have them posted to me I can download them off the icloud (with Barclays) will these be sufficient or should I ask the bank to verify/stamp them aswel? When I print them off they look exactly like they would if they were posted but i wouldn't want to get refused on something i could easily have got done!! Also I privately rent, plenty of room a 3 bed semi house for me and my son, do I ask the landlady to write a letter to confirm the size of the house and that she has no objections to him moving into the house with me and that it would not be over-crowded? Many Thanks x

scotty_bambam

Hi, I will be doing my husbands spouse visa in 3 months and just wanted to double check about bank statements, I dont have them posted to me I can download them off the icloud (with Barclays) will these be sufficient or should I ask the bank to verify/stamp them aswel? When I print them off they look exactly like they would if they were posted but i wouldn't want to get refused on something i could easily have got done!! Also I privately rent, plenty of room a 3 bed semi house for me and my son, do I ask the landlady to write a letter to confirm the size of the house and that she has no objections to him moving into the house with me and that it would not be over-crowded? Many Thanks x
Follow the rules to the letter they are refusing on the tiniest thing get the statements stamped.letter from landlady as you said,but also get an inspect

scotty_bambam

Follow the rules to the letter they are refusing on the tiniest thing get the statements stamped.letter from landlady as you said,but also get an inspect
A property inspection.others in private rental do this.if council or housing association ,what you get from them is sufficient..cost is about£100..x

Shazza100

I'm with Barclays too. I downloaded the statements too. I know they look exactly the same as if they had been posted but I still got them stamped. Barclays thought I was a bit mad as they kept saying they are originals but they still kindly stamped them for me. I live in a rented property. The letting agent completed a letter saying as soon as my partner got his visa he would be entitled to live in the property with me. I didn't get an inspection report. I just provided the rental particulars that had photos of the property and each room.

Mrs K

Thanks I will get them stamped too! I don't have a letting agent I deal with the landlady directly, if I took photos and asked her to sign them confirming they are of the house accompanied by a letter would that be ok do you think?
Also once you submit the application online, how long after does my husband have the appointment? I'm not sure how long I would have to get the papers to him? Also he may be going to work in turkey for a while and needs to know when to be back for? I was aiming to submit online around the 1st June.

Sorry for all the questions x

Mrs K

A property inspection.others in private rental do this.if council or housing association ,what you get from them is sufficient..cost is about£100..x
Ah ok thanks I'll look at getting that then, who does the inspection? X congratulations on your husband getting his visa, when does he come over to the uk? X

scotty_bambam

Ah ok thanks I'll look at getting that then, who does the inspection? X congratulations on your husband getting his visa, when does he come over to the uk? X
Me personally as its private landlord and not " official" body ,I would have got the inspection report done,but its completely your choice.if you want to do it,Google it in your area..hubby in louage as we speak.x

scotty_bambam

Thanks I will get them stamped too! I don't have a letting agent I deal with the landlady directly, if I took photos and asked her to sign them confirming they are of the house accompanied by a letter would that be ok do you think?
Also once you submit the application online, how long after does my husband have the appointment? I'm not sure how long I would have to get the papers to him? Also he may be going to work in turkey for a while and needs to know when to be back for? I was aiming to submit online around the 1st June.

Sorry for all the questions x
We submitted 1 November did Appt. 5 days later.some do cpl weeks later but don't forget the 28 day rule.x

Jane BM

A property inspection isn't something that's required....as long as you have the rental agreement...maybe have a floor plan of the property and accompanying letter from landlord, and yes include some photos. X

Mrs K

Me personally as its private landlord and not " official" body ,I would have got the inspection report done,but its completely your choice.if you want to do it,Google it in your area..hubby in louage as we speak.x
ahh so exciting, really pleased for you :) x

Mrs K

A property inspection isn't something that's required....as long as you have the rental agreement...maybe have a floor plan of the property and accompanying letter from landlord, and yes include some photos. X
i have a rental agreement, I did originally rent through a letting agent but they and my landlady had a falling out so she doesn't use them anymore and I just deal with her directly now. Thanks for your help Jane, I'm so nervous to get started, just waiting on his ielts results too! x

Mrs K

We submitted 1 November did Appt. 5 days later.some do cpl weeks later but don't forget the 28 day rule.x
how did you get the paperwork to him, I've heard DHL is the most reliable? I wont be able to take them over myself unfortunately :( x

scotty_bambam

how did you get the paperwork to him, I've heard DHL is the most reliable? I wont be able to take them over myself unfortunately :( x
I took them over cos I wanted to check all Hubby's papers.lucky I did ,he had smiling p.port pics and tried to put a t.b result in.x

Shazza100

i have a rental agreement, I did originally rent through a letting agent but they and my landlady had a falling out so she doesn't use them anymore and I just deal with her directly now. Thanks for your help Jane, I'm so nervous to get started, just waiting on his ielts results too! x
Have a check and see if you can still locate the letting particulars on the website...I found them on zoopla even though the property was no longer being let. It's up to you about a report but if I hadn't have had the letting particulars from the website, I would have completed a floor plan and taken photos. When we submitted the application, we had the pick of dates, from the next day to weeks ahead. We chose one 17 days from the submission of the application. Good luck.

Mrs K

Have a check and see if you can still locate the letting particulars on the website...I found them on zoopla even though the property was no longer being let. It's up to you about a report but if I hadn't have had the letting particulars from the website, I would have completed a floor plan and taken photos. When we submitted the application, we had the pick of dates, from the next day to weeks ahead. We chose one 17 days from the submission of the application. Good luck.
Thats fab thanks, i luckily have a surveyor friend so hes going to do it for me for free anyway so may aswel have it! One more question, on the photos im just strating to print them off, they dont show the date they were taken does this matter? Im not sure how to get the date on them you see, ive downloaded them from my iphone and am just pasting them onto a document and printing 9 photos to a sheet to save on space, would this be ok or do i need to print them one at a time? and somehow get the date on them? I was going to do the folder by each trip, so in one section have all the travel documents, photos etc, would this be ok? thanks for all your help x

Njt11

Can anyone clarify this for me please??
We are applying for settlement visa in June. I am currently with one bank account but I am moving to another next week. I know that the statements I have from my current bank will need to be stamped and signed as authentic. Can this be done now? Or do they need to be stamped so that the date is no older than 3 months when applying? Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance xx

Shazza100

Thats fab thanks, i luckily have a surveyor friend so hes going to do it for me for free anyway so may aswel have it! One more question, on the photos im just strating to print them off, they dont show the date they were taken does this matter? Im not sure how to get the date on them you see, ive downloaded them from my iphone and am just pasting them onto a document and printing 9 photos to a sheet to save on space, would this be ok or do i need to print them one at a time? and somehow get the date on them? I was going to do the folder by each trip, so in one section have all the travel documents, photos etc, would this be ok? thanks for all your help x
i printed the photos I had and just wrote the date by hand on the back.

Shazza100

Can anyone clarify this for me please??
We are applying for settlement visa in June. I am currently with one bank account but I am moving to another next week. I know that the statements I have from my current bank will need to be stamped and signed as authentic. Can this be done now? Or do they need to be stamped so that the date is no older than 3 months when applying? Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance xx
I don't see why you couldn't get them stamped now BUT check the gov site there are clear instruction on acceptability of bank statements and what's needed. It's a separate guidance document on supporting documents so have a read to be sure.

Shazza100

you are welcome. I would have thought the statement date is the important date and not the stamped date. The stamp is just saying the statement is a true statement so I don't see why that date of the stamp matters but as I said double check.