Settlement visa

Njt11

Yeah I will, I will go to bank tomorrow as not sure when an account closes that there would be any way I could access past statements, which is bit I almost bothered about! Xx @Shazza100

scotty_bambam

Yeah I will, I will go to bank tomorrow as not sure when an account closes that there would be any way I could access past statements, which is bit I almost bothered about! Xx @Shazza100
If they are original statements ( official one sent through the post) they don't need stamps.sorry if I've missed the bit where you said you printed them off yourself.x

Njt11

Oh right brill news @scotty_bambam as usual thanks!!! How is it going??xx

Mrs K

i printed the photos I had and just wrote the date by hand on the back.
ah yeah thats a good idea, thanks i will do that, i will print them off in groups from each trip anyway. I was planning to put it together by each trip, in one section have my travel documents, hotel confirmation, photos for each time i went to see him, though no doubt they will change it to how they want it when they receive it. Thanks x

Mrs K

Any idea how long a b3 and birth certificate for my husband will be valid for, for the settlement visa? We plan to submit at the beginning of June, not sure if it's 3 months or less. Thanks X

Jane BM

Any idea how long a b3 and birth certificate for my husband will be valid for, for the settlement visa? We plan to submit at the beginning of June, not sure if it's 3 months or less. Thanks X
Yes it's 3 months

Mrs K

sorry for more questions!!
With the biometrics appointment, when does my husband book that and is it done in the UK when he gets here or in tunisia? there doesnt seem to be any mention of this anywhere or i just cant see it for looking!!
also with paying for everything, what do you pay and when? I'm a little confused as have read a few different things, do I pay everything online or does my husband pay over in tunisia?

As always, thanks for your help x

scotty_bambam

Hows hubby liking the Uk @scotty_bambam?
Well for the first 6 days he moaned about everything. The weather.that he couldn't buy fresh crusty bread at 6 pm on a sunday,the TV,etc. Was on his phone all day long to family and friends. But last cpl days he's been doing his Tunisian cooking,and he's got a job interview tomorrow.he's very messy and just scratched my work top.I'm gritting my teeth.lol.but hopefully we'll rub along OK..x

Trulymadlydeeply

It's a huge adjustment for them. As much as they THINK they are westernised they haven't even scraped the surface!! Hope the job is successful :)

scotty_bambam

It's a huge adjustment for them. As much as they THINK they are westernised they haven't even scraped the surface!! Hope the job is successful :)
Ha ha I know.and they think they know everything and won't ask.he put my dishwasher on without detergent.and when he takes a plate or cup out the cupboard he washes it.even though its been in the dishwasher.we're starting to relax and laugh about it now.yes I hope he gets the job,even a low paid one will give him self esteem,and he's starting English lessons next week.x

Jane BM

sorry for more questions!!
With the biometrics appointment, when does my husband book that and is it done in the UK when he gets here or in tunisia? there doesnt seem to be any mention of this anywhere or i just cant see it for looking!!
also with paying for everything, what do you pay and when? I'm a little confused as have read a few different things, do I pay everything online or does my husband pay over in tunisia?

As always, thanks for your help x
As far as the biometrics are concerned he will have those done when he has his appointment to take his documents..not sure about the payment sides it's been a few years since we did it but I think you can pay online.

Njt11

Where is he doing the English lessons @scotty_bambam ?? Hope interview goes well xxx ps lovely photo xxx

scotty_bambam

Where is he doing the English lessons @scotty_bambam ?? Hope interview goes well xxx ps lovely photo xxx
I have a nanny friend who does private lessons for foreign au pairs that come over to learn English.the PIC was at airport.x he got a weeks trial for the job on condition of ongoing English lessons.xxx

mayno307

As far as the biometrics are concerned he will have those done when he has his appointment to take his documents..not sure about the payment sides it's been a few years since we did it but I think you can pay online.

scotty_bambam

Brill news @scotty_bambam all falling into place xxx
We'll see.he had to do online food hygiene exam.so I had to learn it first then explain to him,so not sure who passed the test! I worry about the lack of English.if I could go back 4 years I would've insisted on English lessons from day one, and spoken on the phone more,but signal was always bad so we mainly typed, and that's the problem.x

Njt11

Haha!! I'm sure his English will improve every day now he is here, and English lessons will do so much good too! @scotty_bambam xxx