Shengen Visa for Spain

hollysahbi

Hi everyone,

Myself and my hubby are thinking of going on holiday but we need to apply for a Shengen visa do any of you know of the best way to do this? can you do it online? anyone got any good websites for applying?

Thanks

Holly xxx

DebbieZebbes

HI hollysahbi
I googled this recently and it looks like you have to make an appointment and go in person to make the application at an embassy. I really hope I'm wrong about this though.

missmetal

Ever thought of going to Turkey? Tunisians dont need a visa for Turkey, that might save you the trouble of a visa

Trulymadlydeeply

Don't know if this is up to date info but I'm sure you apply at the Embassy of the country you wish to visit. Go on the Embassy website for that country and book an appointment, it does get very busy nearer the summer months. It will also tell you what documents are required.

Jasmine

Am i right in thinking that for the Schengen Visa you will need to show proof of travel dates and accommoidation PRIOR to applying? As part of their evidence?

So, if they was to deny the visa - that would mean losing any flights/hotels booked?

DebbieZebbes

My friend's USA visa wasn't issued and he's born and bred British. Their Disney family holiday was ruined.

So I guess yes, flights/hotels would be lost if Schengen was not granted.

But to have to travel into London to apply in person is too much of a pain.

Trulymadlydeeply

Aaaah come on Debbie we can meet up ;) x

Trulymadlydeeply

Am i right in thinking that for the Schengen Visa you will need to show proof of travel dates and accommoidation PRIOR to applying? As part of their evidence?

So, if they was to deny the visa - that would mean losing any flights/hotels booked?

It WAS given automatically as a spouse of a UK Citizen, for travel throughout the Schengen countries, not to sure about now though

Jasmine

I am thinking Schengen being the visa for people not on ILR or holding Brit passport and wishing to holiday somewhere other than the country stated on their visa (settlement to UK for example) or their passport of origin (Tunisian in this case :D )

crazypink

Think they still need to get one - even when they have ILR.

x xx x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

DebbieZebbes

Aaaah come on Debbie we can meet up ;) x
I promise, we will truly meet one day x

But the days of holding hubby's hand are long gone. It's his visa, he'll find his own way to the embassy, or not, in which case he won't be going anywhere ;) ............. unless you fancy taking him and holding his hand LOL

Jasmine

Debs..

I can picture now him with his road map locating the embassy :D LoL

Trulymadlydeeply

The days of me and a Tuna man a long gone :D

scarlett rose

I think you can apply for schengen online and pay something like 39 dollars print off the app. and apply this way!

MellieC

I am thinking Schengen being the visa for people not on ILR or holding Brit passport and wishing to holiday somewhere other than the country stated on their visa (settlement to UK for example) or their passport of origin (Tunisian in this case :D )
as CP said, YES they still need a schengen visa IF they are on ILR or not, HOWEVER, they also come under the Free Movement of persons directive (see the EU **** lol) so tis a free visa schengens are only for schengen states i must have missed the bit as to how disney land got into the equation? other than whatever residence a foreigner has in the UK they are (in this case) still tunes on tune passports and still only have 66 countries that are visa free or visa on arrival for them!!!!TUNES NEED VISA'S END OF!! is the best way to look at it

ROULLA

Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Syria to create common visa system?

Turkey, Iran, Iraq and Syria are to establish a common visa system. (File Photo)

Turkey, Iran, Iraq and Syria are to establish a common visa system, the Russian agency Regnum quoted the Iranian vice-minister of tourism as saying on Tuesday.

The four states are preparing to install a “Schengen-like” regime, Shahbaz Yezdi said, in reference to Europe’s Schengen Zone. Under the system, one visa is issued and travelers can move between 25 of the European Union’s 27 countries without needing a visa for each country. The United Kingdom and Ireland do not subscribe to the Schengen system

Mr. Yezdi also said that the initiative was based on an idea of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey.

“Putting into place uniform visas for the four countries will actively boost the development of tourism,” Mr. Yezdi said.

In 2010, the currently embattled Syrian president Bashar al-Assad proposed a visa-free travel region for Syria, Iran, Turkey and other neighboring countries, and he said that he was the first to advent the issue starting with a visa-free travel between Turkey and Syria.

The fact that former foes Iraq and Iran would share a common system would be quite remarkable, especially in view of their bitter history. Iraq has fought Iran for eight years from 1980 to 1988.

But Iraq has since mended relations with Iran as both now have Shiite-dominated governments.

Just like Iran, Iraq raised its concern over troops from the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia going to Bahrain as unrest by the Shiite-led opposition escalated. Iraq has joined Iran in describing the move as interference and against Bahrain’s sovereignty. But the Gulf countries see the threat against one Gulf country as a threat on all six.

Meanwhile, the six countries belonging to the Gulf Cooperation Council are also inching to cement their bloc. Recently the Gulf States’ economy and finance ministers initially agreed to lift hurdles for GCC nationals to own real estate in other Gulf States and to facilitate flow of capital money with the Gulf region.

GCC nationals now can enter other Gulf States only with an identity card. But unifying the region’s currencies still seems like a distant proposition.

Prior to the current unrest in Yemen, Turkey boosted its trade ties with the Qaeda-beleaguered country and lifted the visa requirement for the Yemeni nationals entering Turkey.

With the AKP conservative party winning election in 2002, it re-shifted Turkey’s foreign policy to look eastward toward the Middle East, but held its promise to help the country join the European Union (EU).

AKP, unlike its secular predecessor, carried more economically-friendly policies and sought to expand the country’s trade including tapping into the Middle East markets.

AKP also promised to democratize Turkey’s current constitution, which was originally drafted by the former military junta in 1980.

MellieC

Interesting that Turkey is on that list, as they are still candidates for EU membership ~ forcing hands make starnge bedfellows it seems huh!

caley

I really hate this blinkin visa malarky.........I really dont want to have to holiday in only Turkey and Tunisia for the next god knows how many years.........grrrrrrrrrr.....surely once youve got leave to remain in the UK.....you should be classed a little bit higher than when you didnt have it!.....Does anyone know if we can go to Scotland or Ireland without one? x

MellieC

I really hate this blinkin visa malarky.........I really dont want to have to holiday in only Turkey and Tunisia for the next god knows how many years.........grrrrrrrrrr.....surely once youve got leave to remain in the UK.....you should be classed a little bit higher than when you didnt have it!.....Does anyone know if we can go to Scotland or Ireland without one? x
Scotland isnt a visa country ROTFL, Scotland, Wales England and NORTHERN Ireland make up the UK so UKBA ~ UK ILR he has the free travel there.

Ireland now DOES recognise residence cards from other member states, in a slight break away from the UK, under EU regs, they may recognise ILR but the common travel area isn't as free to travel as it once was, and the McCarthy ruling of yesterday is sure to impact on that.

The advice from most quarters at the moment is to check with the embassy of the country you are going to in plenty of time before you travel, where its an EU state as they "May" accept his ILR as sufficient to not require a Schengen visa, or that they will offer the free visa, or you might need to poke them about the free visa, so that opens up such as spain or greece and their islands for holidays.

and ifyou look at the 66 countries ~ there are some great places, how about mauritius? and there are some places you wouldn't want your worst enemy to go!

check out the 66 countries ~

as for ILR raising their status ~ nope only citizenship can do that. ILR simply means that they, as an immigrant have earned the right to remain in the UK by meeting the conditions set out to earn that right.

Kitten

Hi All,
I havent been here for a while and would like to ask , as me and hubby are planning holiday in october is Spain..does anyone know if he needs schengen visa? hubby called the embassy and was told he does Not need visa as long as im with him and we got our marriage certificate.
Is this true? many thanks
dasa