Shengen Visa for Spain

Jane BM

Sorry meant marriage certificate!!
Thought so!! sounds like it was worth paying that little bit for an agency to handle and save the stress and hassle!!

orlandobird

Yeah totally!! I think it cost sun£115 which was the embassy fee and the agency fee. Well worth it!!

Jane BM

Yeah totally!! I think it cost sun£115 which was the embassy fee and the agency fee. Well worth it!!
oohh i have a feeling youll be getting a load of pm's at some point now asking for details (myself included!!)lol

DebbieZebbes

There is no Embassy fee, it is a free visa for hubby.

nikky2409

We applied for a Shengan visa through a visa agency. It was so easy and quick to do and they did not need hardly any info. Just passports and marriage certificate. We got it for 2 years. I know technically my husband does not need a visa as he is married to me but we thought we would get one just in case.
We probably paid a bit more money than if we had done it our selves but it was well worth it!!!
What agency did you use hun? xx

orlandobird

What agency did you use hun? xx
Multi travel visa's . They were great as I communicated via email and they would always answer my questions . Sometimes I used the service to my advantage I asked them questions regarding different visas and they still answered I guess they thought I would use their service again for the next visa.
The was a guy who worked there who I thought was a bit dumb but the lady who runs it is great.
When you send a email you get a response from someone then when you reply you can get a response from a different person so. Couple of times things got a bit confused but I would defo use them again

Jellycat

I mentioned on here that I was going to the German embassy in London with hubby ( here on visit visa) to apply for a schengen visa. The clerk told him initially that as he was not resident in uk she could not accept his application because he had to apply in Tunisia. Eventually ( after consulting someone else) she agreed to take the application but said he would have yo wait 8 days for a decision. At first I wasn't allowed inside the embassy because the waiting room was too busy but after a few minutes the security guard said I could go in. I joined hubby at the counter and said it was my right underfreedom of movement to have my hubby accompany me and I knew the Eu legislation. The woman said the visitors visa was the problem and that if he was on a settlement visa it would be straight forward. Anyway for us we will find out at the
end of the week.

Jasmine

Good Luck JC...

Hope that they are more helpful than the German Embassy in Tunisia - who are still stating that HE needs to provide proof of accommodation and finances :rolleyes: Regardless of having the Directive quoted to them!

lainie

I mentioned on here that I was going to the German embassy in London with hubby ( here on visit visa) to apply for a schengen visa. The clerk told him initially that as he was not resident in uk she could not accept his application because he had to apply in Tunisia. Eventually ( after consulting someone else) she agreed to take the application but said he would have yo wait 8 days for a decision. At first I wasn't allowed inside the embassy because the waiting room was too busy but after a few minutes the security guard said I could go in. I joined hubby at the counter and said it was my right underfreedom of movement to have my hubby accompany me and I knew the Eu legislation. The woman said the visitors visa was the problem and that if he was on a settlement visa it would be straight forward. Anyway for us we will find out at the
end of the week.
hi jc
we would love to go to italy to see h's brother but i imagine on vv its nigh on impossible to get schengen

CAIRO

Can anyone help me as I am confused ! So I have booked and paid for holiday to spain with thomson. So ahmed needs a schengan visa now according to the spanish confusing and lack of info on their site ! however as his visa states spouse of I am assuming he can enter freely without the need of having to get a visa beforehand ?? However I might get the visa as I know that i will only be worried until we get through immigration. As far as I was aware the visa was free ? but other seem to have paid £40 do u get charged a handling fee ? Do we need to present bank statements. Any clarification would be great as I am struggling on the spanish consulate website.

DebbieZebbes

Can anyone help me as I am confused ! So I have booked and paid for holiday to spain with thomson. So ahmed needs a schengan visa now according to the spanish confusing and lack of info on their site ! however as his visa states spouse of I am assuming he can enter freely without the need of having to get a visa beforehand ?? However I might get the visa as I know that i will only be worried until we get through immigration. As far as I was aware the visa was free ? but other seem to have paid £40 do u get charged a handling fee ? Do we need to present bank statements. Any clarification would be great as I am struggling on the spanish consulate website.
HI CAIRO.
Hubby's visa states spouse of............. but they didn't give him a visa at the Embassy. Like you, I don't think he even needed one, but if the Embassy say that he does and then don't give him one anyway after going there, there's nothing you can do. It would be even worse to arrive at the Spanish border and they say no.​

Jellycat

hi jc
we would love to go to italy to see h's brother but i imagine on vv its nigh on impossible to get schengen
Hi laine
If it is not too much hassle why not apply.The Germans have now given my hubby a visa for the trip we said we were Planning - We said we planned to go in June for a few days and so they have given him a schengen visa for 7 days! Not much flexibility in that and may not even use it but it was a free visa and just had to show 2 passports and marriage. It also involved 2 trips to the embassy but as I live near London not a big inconvenience.

lainie

Hi laine
If it is not too much hassle why not apply.The Germans have now given my hubby a visa for the trip we said we were Planning - We said we planned to go in June for a few days and so they have given him a schengen visa for 7 days! Not much flexibility in that and may not even use it but it was a free visa and just had to show 2 passports and marriage. It also involved 2 trips to the embassy but as I live near London not a big inconvenience.
hey jc
thats great news but too far for us to trail to london.
7 days not tghe best, lol!
may try italian embassy in edinburgh

CAIRO

HI CAIRO.
Hubby's visa states spouse of............. but they didn't give him a visa at the Embassy. Like you, I don't think he even needed one, but if the Embassy say that he does and then don't give him one anyway after going there, there's nothing you can do. It would be even worse to arrive at the Spanish border and they say no.​
Did the embassy say why they would not give the visa Debbie ?

sianperkins89

The Schengen visa sounds quite odd to me!! Some people have said they just showed their passport and marriage certificate and got the Schengen, others have taken stacks of papers and missed a paper and were told to go away, and others did theirs through an agency and got it and others have got it just on a visit visa and not a settlement??? What's going on lol. To be honest if they don't need all your bank statements, employer details etc to issue the visa (as we know some people didn't give any of this info) there is no way i would give all these details to the embassy in question, it just gives them more holes to pick!!! I would personally go through a visa agent, even though it costs and the Schengen should be free, i would do that just to make sure it's all in place and to save several expensive trips to london or edinburgh to be told you're missing papers.. That's what we are gonna do when we want to apply.

orlandobird

What is the best way to get a visa for spain.
It is for a friend of mine. He is obviously Tunisian and he lives in belfast. He is not with his wife anymore but he has residency I think but not a UK passport yet.
Is it easier to apply for the schengan visa? because I know he can just post all his documents to a agency and they will do it all for him or is there a different way.
I guess if applying to Spanish embassy direct you will have to attend in person??

Thanks

Trulymadlydeeply

Think there are different rules if he is no longer married?!

Scoobydoo

He woUls need his wife's passport etc.... No with her,... No visa!

Trulymadlydeeply

Think he can still apply on his own merit but would not be automatic (as it should be)