Shengen Visa for Spain

orlandobird

Think there are different rules if he is no longer married?!
He is still married but not together anymore. My husband has a shengan visa and we will be going to spain and we wanted this guy to come out and stay with us for a few days.
I think he is now classed a british citizien and he will be able to get a British passport in six months time.
Does this not make any difference??

Scoobydoo

He is still married but not together anymore. My husband has a shengan visa and we will be going to spain and we wanted this guy to come out and stay with us for a few days.
I think he is now classed a british citizien and he will be able to get a British passport in six months time.
Does this not make any difference??
There isnt any such thing as being 'classed' as a british citizen....he isnt one until he applies for it, regardless of how long he has been in the UK!

Scoobydoo

Think he can still apply on his own merit but would not be automatic (as it should be)
Why should he automatically get it? The freedom of movement etc is based on the relationship with the EU national!!

Trulymadlydeeply

Why should he automatically get it? The freedom of movement etc is based on the relationship with the EU national!!
I meant automatic as it should be if they were still married and together, then legally entitled to it. As he is no longer with her I shouldn't think she will be handing over her passport and marriage certificate very freely!!! Has to be in the Uk 5 years I think before he can apply to become a British National? Lots of other factors to consider before he is granted Nationality, character being one?! :)

orlandobird

I meant automatic as it should be if they were still married and together, then legally entitled to it. As he is no longer with her I shouldn't think she will be handing over her passport and marriage certificate very freely!!! Has to be in the Uk 5 years I think before he can apply to become a British National? Lots of other factors to consider before he is granted Nationality, character being one?! :)
Well I dont think he will have a problem getting his residency (or whatever it is called) as he is a great guy and has a good job etc etc etc but who knows but i am not worried about that I am worried if he will be able to get a visa or not for spain as we have booked a amazing villa and would love him to come over for a few days.

Hopefully he will get it.

Scoobydoo

I was wondering if i misunderstood you!! Lol
Yep without his wife he has to wait 5 years until he can apply for the citizneship....and exactly truly.....that also isnt automatic!! :)

T

TonyTravel05

Hi everyone,

Myself and my hubby are thinking of going on holiday but we need to apply for a Shengen visa do any of you know of the best way to do this? can you do it online? anyone got any good websites for applying?

Thanks

Holly xxx
The Schengen Fact sheet: (U.S.)
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_4361.html

The actual form (English form for SPAIN):
http://www.maec.es/es/MenuPpal/Consulares/Formularios/Documents/2010Solicitud de visado Schengen - EN.pdf

If you already have this GOOD!,

khl

For husband on 2 year spouse visa, does he still need to make appointment at the spainish embassy to visit spain if i was travelling with him? (he is algerian)

T

tafadzwa

l would like to ask if the EU free movement for non-EU family members applies to my spouse.lam from the Netherlands and my spouse is from Malawi.We are both females meaning we have a civil partnership.we booked a holiday to go to Spain together for our late honeymoon and lam worried that the free movement law might not apply to her as she is from a third world country (Africa).The visa that is endorsed on her Malawi passport says Residence card of a family member of an EEA National.l have been given conflicting advisors by the Vfs advisors.Please l kindly need your help in this matter so that l can book an appointment asap if Schengen visa is needed.Your response will be greatly appreciated

Jellycat

l would like to ask if the EU free movement for non-EU family members applies to my spouse.lam from the Netherlands and my spouse is from Malawi.We are both females meaning we have a civil partnership.we booked a holiday to go to Spain together for our late honeymoon and lam worried that the free movement law might not apply to her as she is from a third world country (Africa).The visa that is endorsed on her Malawi passport says Residence card of a family member of an EEA National.l have been given conflicting advisors by the Vfs advisors.Please l kindly need your help in this matter so that l can book an appointment asap if Schengen visa is needed.Your response will be greatly appreciated

the Spanish don't have a good reputation for respecting rights and your same sex partner could be refused entry so I would definitely say apply for a schengen visa. I also read that it is up to each member state whether to give same sex partners the same rights as traditional marrieds.

T

tafadzwa

the Spanish don't have a good reputation for respecting rights and your same sex partner could be refused entry so I would definitely say apply for a schengen visa. I also read that it is up to each member state whether to give same sex partners the same rights as traditional marrieds.
thank you for your response,l made a visa appointmnet with the spain consulate in london only to realise later that am not in their juridistion so l then rang the edinburgh branch and l was rudely told to email them for an appointment.l emailed them in the afternoon and they havent emailed me back with appointment details.lam thinking of just going to the london one and giving out a friend`s address in london as residence,lam just panicking as holiday days are nearing.l hope the Edinburgh consulate emails me back..fingers crossed

khl

me and my husband went to the spainish embassy in london and asked about visa to spain. Was told by a woman on the telephone my husband needs to apply for eu/eeu visa? And the man at the embassy gave us a guidence letter, said nothing about application form. Just said to include document on the guidence and bring it back to the embassy. Said it was very easy and simple process :confused:

orlandobird

My friend got his visa for Spain!!! Very happy!!

kassie

There isnt any such thing as being 'classed' as a british citizen....he isnt one until he applies for it, regardless of how long he has been in the UK!
Correct.....not "British Citizen" until applied for and granted naturalisation.

Jellycat

Hi all. I mentioned in September that hubby got a schengen visa issued by French embassy in London, but then once we got it we changed our minds about going to Paris and decided on Spain. A few here said "0h you can't do that- you have to go to the country the schengen visa was issued first." Well that is what you are expected to do, but there is no problem if you don't - after all you have the right to change your mind. Hubby and I flew Gatwick to Malaga this morning and abdolutely no problems at either end. Mind you Andalucia looks remarkably like Tunisia- same mountains, vegetation and similar weather.

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi JC :) hope you have a lovely time and thanks for the update..

Jane BM

Hi all. I mentioned in September that hubby got a schengen visa issued by French embassy in London, but then once we got it we changed our minds about going to Paris and decided on Spain. A few here said "0h you can't do that- you have to go to the country the schengen visa was issued first." Well that is what you are expected to do, but there is no problem if you don't - after all you have the right to change your mind. Hubby and I flew Gatwick to Malaga this morning and abdolutely no problems at either end. Mind you Andalucia looks remarkably like Tunisia- same mountains, vegetation and similar weather.
That's great news, cos the Spanish embassy are notoriously rubbish at issuing them whereas the French much better...enjoy your hols.