Skanes holidays

candikisses

im goin back 2 tunisia in 8 weeks stayin in skanes
just came back but didnt do much apart from stay in hotel
(mainly due to ppls sayin it can b dodgy but i found no problems)
so this time im there for 2 weeks and i wanna do stuff
there will b 2 girls 22 and 24 goin
any ideas???

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
RE: wheres good 2 go

Depends on what you like Places such as Dougga and Sbeitla off great ruins to walk about. However for partying Hammamet and Sousee seem to have the lions share of nightclubs and Discos though I am sure that their will be some good time to be had around Skanes as it is a popular location. However it may be worth doing some recon during the day to see if you fancy it and to get your barings.

Monastir has a lovely old medina and also some sights such as Borguibas tomb etc.

[link=http://www.tunisia.com/Tunisia/Travel/Travel%20Guides/Northern%20Tunisia/Monastir]http://www.tunisia.com/Tunisia/Travel/Travel%20Guides/Northern%20Tunisia/Monastir[/link]

If you are using a Taxi to get there ask the Hotel to book it for you and if possible get them to book the taxi for your return no doubt you will be fine but like in any new place its always best to play it safe.

Mak

Hi candi,

Well if i'm you i would try to rent a car, because Skaness it's between Sousse and Monastir, and it's a touristic zone, so to get to sousse or Monastir you will need a mean of transportation, if you will rent a car you can move easily between Skaness, Sousse and Monastir, in sousse there's a lot to do, and a lot to see, the medina, Port Kantaoui ... There's a lot of bars and disco if you are interested, and Monastir, it's quiter than sousse, i can say more romantic than sousse, you can to the medina also in Monastir ( very nice to see) you can go to Marina Monastir, very nice harbor, you can visit the Mausoleum of Bourguiba, and the Rebat etcc

A month ago i've been in Monastir, in the Marina of Monastir ( you won't miss it ) there's an old restuarant, from the outside it looks mexican, i've been there 3 times during my last stay in Tunisia, go to the restaurant he has a toooooo nice, delicious food :) especially the Mexican Steak ohhhhhh :) You gonna like it man :)

Cheers
Makrem

candikisses

i heard that theres a waterpark any idea where its located and wat its like??:)

Mak

I think the most known Water Park , is Aqua Palace, and it's in Sousse, closed to Kantaoui, it's a ver nice place ... it's beautifull there and you can spend a beautifull day in the water.. all kind of swimingpools ... it's very nice :)

Makrem

jan.c

Here is the web site that belong to the waterpark in port el kantaoui. It looks like a good day out. We will be trying it out in june[link=http://www.acquapalace.com/]http://www.acquapalace.com/[/link]
Jan

net

hi all hope you are all doing ok!

we are going tunisia in 3 1/2 weeks :)and staying at sahara beach hotel, could anybody please advise if there are any suitable trips for a 5yr old boy please? we were thinking of going on the 2 day sahara desert trip but didn't know whether this would be suitable. Also how far away is the aqua park in PEK from Skanes.

Thanks in advance for any replys

Mak

Sahara Beach, in Skanes ... to go to sousse it's something like 15 minutes with the car, Taxi ... and to Kantaoui it's something like let's say 15 minutes also , so it's about an half hour to be in Aqua Palace :)

Makrem

candikisses

only 6 weeks to go, def gonna do the water park this timeand the camel caravan again that was fun
its my friends 1st time over there n ive hyped it up so much i hope she enjoys it i loved it in march!! cant wait:D

Mak

Sounds good :) i do believe she gonna enjoy it as well .. :)
Everybody is looking forward to go for Holiday, i also can't wait till it's end Augustus to go to Tunisia :) it'll be for 22 days :) in sousse very nice :)

Makrem

candikisses

wish i was goin for that long only 14days 4 me:(

net

we are goin this sunday, will also look in to going to water park

net

ignore this post, i posted the original reply twice in error

SORRY!, just thinkin of hols in th sun is affecting my brain

Sana

Skanes holidays are popular with Golf, watersports, tennis, horse riding, camel rides and boat trips in addition to the different festivals and tours in the region.
Really i like that area , it is very calm and different , there u can feel relaxed and enjoy more activities.
if u have visited this area, tell me about your experiences:)

taylor

Hmm...i agree,i stayed at the Houda golf and beach club,and beyond the hotel there was nothing but 1 bar,1 pizza place and a gift shop!
yes there is the camel coach nearby...me,my husband and children all did this,but my son's camel collapsed,with my boy still on it!!!!
There was a golf course opposite our hotel,but never once saw anyone there.
If you stay in skanes,you need to be prepared to travel to see anything,although the buses run very frequently and are very cheap :D

arabchique

The Houda was fine for what we were looking for ... we only went to Sousse for a couple of days in August ... and Monastir in April ...

We were really just between the hotel bars and the Safari Bar ... ;)

xx

crazypink

Hav stayed at houda 3 times & 2 of those times had food poisonin - the 2nd time had 2 cut my holiday short by a week n fly home cus was soooo ill (that was after spendin most of the 1st week alone in my room & bein injected every day by the doctor :eek:)
Was 2 far away from everythin & the taxi outside the hotel were soooooo expensive.... hav learnt alot in my times travellin there!
Hav neva bin ill since i stopped stayin at hotel & hav been back 7 times since.
x x x x x

arabchique

Hav stayed at houda 3 times & 2 of those times had food poisonin - the 2nd time had 2 cut my holiday short by a week n fly home cus was soooo ill (that was after spendin most of the 1st week alone in my room & bein injected every day by the doctor :eek:)
Was 2 far away from everythin & the taxi outside the hotel were soooooo expensive.... hav learnt alot in my times travellin there!
x x x x x
I hardly ate ... then again I wasn't hungry, I just drank (mostly water before anyone mentions being an alky) ;) ... but, my pal ate like a horse ... lol

Gonna go into Sousse next time, I think ... the Thalassa Sousse looks nice ... or maybe try Hammamet ...

xxxx

taylor

x x x x x
Hmm...the Houda has closed down for re-furbishment now,but hopefully when it re-opens around april time,there will be some big changes....my children were ill for 3 weeks after we got home,they had some kind of stomach infection and were so poorly...my step mum even ended up in hospital with it!
We never ate anything there after the first 5 days...and all of us lost so much weight it was shocking...:(

crazypink

Yeh it has bit of reputation - think its called houda golf & vomit club on one site!!
Last time i was ill i lost over a stone in 3 wks!! Was not a gud diet though, thort i was gonna die! Both times had enviromental health at my home after tests from doctor cuz they were reportable bugs!!
x x x x x