Spouse visa Application - how many granted visa

Jane BM

There have been cases where a lawyer has successfully argued that although somebody didn't earn £18,600,their living expenses were low because they owned a mortgage free property.or if on invalidity allowance.
I've not heard of such cases?? Where a lawyer has overturned the earnings threshold.

If someone is on disability allowance then it's a different criteria.

scotty_bambam

I've not heard of such cases?? Where a lawyer has overturned the earnings threshold.

If someone is on disability allowance then it's a different criteria.
Can't remember the lawyer that was posting that this had happened.doesn't apply to me so I only took a passing interest.

shyone

You think they would take that into consideration and have a lower income limit for these areas with lower wage..... Do they not understand that they are keeping families apart!! It's a pity we couldn't all pull together and protest against our human rights... Surely they can have certain criteria in place but to earn that money is asking to much for so many people.... That was a year ago since they refused to lower the minium wage! Now there going to bring imagrints into uk (which I have no issue with my heart goes out to these people) but refuse our men the right to enter to be with their wives and children... I just feel we should push this issue as it affects so many people

shyone

I think they should take this into consideration when deciding the minimum wage for places on lower earnings!! It was only last year that they refused to lower the minimum earnings to sponsor your spouse... So with this decision so many women are single parents coping with there children and having to work just to fund there way to see the loved ones... It's hardly fair that these children are missing out in a family unit... At present there talking about bringing migrants into the uk which I have no issue with but our men are refused entry to be with their families.... Maybe this is a good time to confront this issue if migrants can enter why not the fathers of our children!!!! Make the requirements more realistic

Jane BM

Well I don't agree that it's your automatic human right to have your partner come live in the UK, I believe it's a privilege and I totally understand why the visa regulations are so strict. At the end of the day it's people's own choice and something that should be thought about long and hard before entering into a relationship/marriage with someone from outside of the EU. Bottom line is, as far as the government is concerned, if you want to be together and you don't fulfil the criteria then your alternative plan should be that you live with them....

However I do agree with the earnings threshold being ridiculous, I think ANY specific figure is ridiculous because there are so many variables, someone may have a shed load of debt yet earn 50k, someone may earn 15k yet own their own property and have minimal outgoings.

Under the previous regs it was about how much you earned AFTER your outgoings and living expenses, far fairer to me.

shyone

Well I don't agree that it's your automatic human right to have your partner come live in the UK, I believe it's a privilege and I totally understand why the visa regulations are so strict. At the end of the day it's people's own choice and something that should be thought about long and hard before entering into a relationship/marriage with someone from outside of the EU. Bottom line is, as far as the government is concerned, if you want to be together and you don't fulfil the criteria then your alternative plan should be that you live with them....

However I do agree with the earnings threshold being ridiculous, I think ANY specific figure is ridiculous because there are so many variables, someone may have a shed load of debt yet earn 50k, someone may earn 15k yet own their own property and have minimal outgoings.

Under the previous regs it was about how much you earned AFTER your outgoings and living expenses, far fairer to me.

Goodness I don't agree either that just anyone can come live in uk! Should be criteria that they need to meet for entrance but not that extreme that it's basically impossible for so many.... It's not that easy for us brits to pack up move to be with them there's so much we have to sacrifice also our children... If im honest I don't think the criteria will improve if anything they will make it more difficult

Jane BM

Goodness I don't agree either that just anyone can come live in uk! Should be criteria that they need to meet for entrance but not that extreme that it's basically impossible for so many.... It's not that easy for us brits to pack up move to be with them there's so much we have to sacrifice also our children... If im honest I don't think the criteria will improve if anything they will make it more difficult
I agree, I don't see it changing, or at least I don't see them lowering the threshold...

I know it's not easy, but it's something that needs to be considered before marrying, not after, which many people don't do. It's something I had to think about at the time if we'd not been successful, wouldn't have been my first choice, but would have had to be considered if I'd wanted my marriage to survive.

luna06

Hi luna , did get an answer about your application or u still waiting :)
Hey ronaldinho, well still waiting 8 weeks now :( is so stressful but what can we do it wait, what about you ? Hope everything goes well for you :) I'm sure it will

luna06

Says link removed what was it?
Hey Scotty, was a petition to the government for spouse visa (financial requirement) to put it down the yearly income so they were asking for signatures so they can take into consideration, dunno if this is true or not :)

scotty_bambam

Hey Scotty, was a petition to the government for spouse visa (financial requirement) to put it down the yearly income so they were asking for signatures so they can take into consideration, dunno if this is true or not :)
Hi Luna,
Oh thanks.I doubt it would achieve anything.they are determined to get numbers down.

scotty_bambam

I

Hey Scotty, have a look I just checked https://www.registertovote.service.gov.uk/register-to-vote/confirmation
I think they need signatures to take it into consideration we'll see how it goes, do you have all your documents ready to sent ?
Well hubby had to get all his translated but first had to go to Tunis to get everything stamped before translation but can't go yrg as the bullet 3 can't be older than 3 weeks and he lives 3 hrs away from Tunis so only wants one trip.so feels very last minute.

scotty_bambam

Well hubby had to get all his translated but first had to go to Tunis to get everything stamped before translation but can't go yrg as the bullet 3 can't be older than 3 weeks and he lives 3 hrs away from Tunis so only wants one trip.so feels very last minute.
Has ..not had..stupid phone!

luna06

Has ..not had..stupid phone!
Lolll I understand , you know when I spoke to the lawyer and asked him what documents my husband needs he told me he just need his passport pictures and that's it I asked him if he needed birth certificate b3 etc , he said no as you are the one who's sponsoring not him, anyway already had this documents so we sent them along with the application,

scotty_bambam

Lolll I understand , you know when I spoke to the lawyer and asked him what documents my husband needs he told me he just need his passport pictures and that's it I asked him if he needed birth certificate b3 etc , he said no as you are the one who's sponsoring not him, anyway already had this documents so we sent them along with the application,
Really? I was going by what ronaldhino on here advised.if We don't need all those things it would be so much easier.but I thought he needed all these things ax HD is the applicant.

scotty_bambam

Really? I was going by what ronaldhino on here advised.if We don't need all those things it would be so much easier.but I thought he needed all these things ax HD is the applicant.
As he is the applicant.grrr..

luna06

As he is the applicant.grrr..
You can send them as well we did it but when I asked the lawyer he told me that we don't need that he told me where does it say that ? Is not in the requirements, he told me don't make it harder for you, give what they asked and that's it but we did it as we had all te papers ready