Spouse visa Application - how many granted visa

shazia

Hi

My husband applied for his spouse visa on 9th September and we are still waiting ......

Can anyone confirm if they received any confirmations via email about the processing of the visa as we have not received anything

I emailed ukba and they told me that an email would be sent by the ECO when they start to process the application

Also when submitting documents in tunis he was told by the woman that we should have his passport back with decision within 3-4 weeks and with it being 7 weeks I am getting worried

Could anyone advise if they call you text you or email you when your passport is ready for collection?

Many thanks in advance

northerngirl

We applied 10 days after you and have heard nothing at all by email or phone. On the day of application we were told a maxum of 6 weeks but I am not holding my breath. I will be interested in hearing about any other communications people have had.

I share your frustration at the lack of communication and the fact that it is impossible to get an update but I suppose better they spend their time processing the application than taking phonecalls :)

Jane BM

Hi

My husband applied for his spouse visa on 9th September and we are still waiting ......

Can anyone confirm if they received any confirmations via email about the processing of the visa as we have not received anything

I emailed ukba and they told me that an email would be sent by the ECO when they start to process the application

Also when submitting documents in tunis he was told by the woman that we should have his passport back with decision within 3-4 weeks and with it being 7 weeks I am getting worried

Could anyone advise if they call you text you or email you when your passport is ready for collection?

Many thanks in advance
They generally will call your spouse to go to Tunis.....to collect their passport, either with or without the visa stamp in it. They don't give prior notice.

As for what the lady in Tunis said, how would she know...lol..they're dealt with in France now....it's very rare that you get a decision back in 3/4 weeks for a settlement visa...and if you check out the waiting time on UKBA it can very often be 12 weeks.

Hopefully you'll hear within the next couple of weeks or so, and try not to stress..though I know that's easier said than done.

shazia

We applied 10 days after you and have heard nothing at all by email or phone. On the day of application we were told a maxum of 6 weeks but I am not holding my breath. I will be interested in hearing about any other communications people have had.

I share your frustration at the lack of communication and the fact that it is impossible to get an update but I suppose better they spend their time processing the application than taking phonecalls :)

thanks it's a relief I'm not the only one that hasn't had any communication xx

Keep me updated if you hear back

Thanks

shazia

I k
They generally will call your spouse to go to Tunis.....to collect their passport, either with or without the visa stamp in it. They don't give prior notice.

As for what the lady in Tunis said, how would she know...lol..they're dealt with in France now....it's very rare that you get a decision back in 3/4 weeks for a settlement visa...and if you check out the waiting time on UKBA it can very often be 12 weeks.

Hopefully you'll hear within the next couple of weeks or so, and try not to stress..though I know that's easier said than done.
now it is such a stress

As much as I love going to tunisia it's expensive and financially draining and the distance is so hard . If only the ukba can speed up the process....

Mona

When we were waiting for our visa, I emailed UKBA and they said we would receive an email - not true. The embassy call your husband when his passport is ready for collection, they do not tell him if he has been granted the visa. When he goes to collect the passport this is when he will see if he has been granted the visa.
The processing time at the moment is around 10 weeks, but can take up to 12 weeks.
I know the waiting is very hard.
Good luck

lynn

I suggest you go the Embassy like my hubby did and say your not leaving until you get it and they had it there all along...

shazia

I suggest you go the Embassy like my hubby did and say your not leaving until you get it and they had it there all along...
I wish he could but he lives in sousse And has to travel to get to tunis. I don't want him to have a wasted trip mind you it might be an option at a later date.....

After how long a wait did your husband go to the embassy?

Jane BM

Different scenario Lynn.....yours was on appeal and had been successfully appealed, so you already knew he'd got the visa stamp. Shazia's husband hasn't had the decision yet.

Jane BM

I wish he could but he lives in sousse And has to travel to get to tunis. I don't want him to have a wasted trip mind you it might be an option at a later date.....

It's not an option....lol...you just have to sit tight and wait for your husband to get the phone call.

lynn

well they told him a week to get the visa in passport after 2 months he was still waiting so we contacted them via Facebook and they said go to the embassy and tell them you spoken to us via facebook and you should get your visa and passport...he went and they said why did u come he said I was told by the embassy page on FB to come so they looked and had it there for weeks and never called him, but that was after we had a appeal and won as Jane said.

YouOnlyLive Once!

If its any consolation to those still waiting, we were told 5 weeks and had to wait 9 due to a backlog ... it is for Ireland and a slightly different process but we got it approved yesterday. i was nearly sick with the stress waiting - especially as the 5 weeks came and went, i emailed etc and heard nothing. Just sit tight, its not necessarily a bad sign if they run late xx

kassie

It's not an option....lol...you just have to sit tight and wait for your husband to get the phone call.

Shazia...
This is true......hubby and I waited 20 weeks as I have said before !!!!! (2008) :eek: It was very stressful! Like Jane says....you just have to sit tight! You will never "guess" what the outcome will be depending on how long you "wait".....if you have done /answered everything then you have no need to worry.....hard though that is! :finger:
Very best wishes and good luck! :)

shazia

Shazia...
This is true......hubby and I waited 20 weeks as I have said before !!!!! (2008) :eek: It was very stressful! Like Jane says....you just have to sit tight! You will never "guess" what the outcome will be depending on how long you "wait".....if you have done /answered everything then you have no need to worry.....hard though that is! :finger:
Very best wishes and good luck! :)
Thank you x

Lyndsey

Hello can any1 please help me I'm getting my papers ready to apply for my husbands visa we will apply in January after being married nearly 2 years do we have to take are marriage cert to the Embasy before so they send it to England or not it's just ok, and what papers would my husband exactly need he has the English test and will get the police paper but what else does he need thank you every1 I'm so stressed about this

Mona

Hi, yes you need to supply your marriage cert but translated into English. My husband also gave a letter from his work along with his bank statements. His birth cert, translated and copy of his ID card. This was sent along all my documentation birth cert, copy passport, financial docs, work docs, accommodation docs and evidence etc. it does seem like you have to give a lot. But I think it is better to give as much as you can so they don't need to come back to you for something and then delay the process. Don't forget your supporting letter. Good luck. X

Lyndsey

Thank you so much I no I needed a lot of stuff better to have to much than not enough, do you no if my marriage cert has to be taken to the Embasy for them to send it to England before we apply for the visa or when we apply do we just give a translated copy of it in coz I read that we need proof the marriage counts in England how do I do that because it juSt does count

Jane BM

Thank you so much I no I needed a lot of stuff better to have to much than not enough, do you no if my marriage cert has to be taken to the Embasy for them to send it to England before we apply for the visa or when we apply do we just give a translated copy of it in coz I read that we need proof the marriage counts in England how do I do that because it juSt does count
No you don't have to give it to the Embassy for them to forward it. You just need to include a translated copy with all the other documents your husband will hand it.

Lyndsey

Ye he said he will get it translated then some1 told him he had to take it to the Embasy so I'm happy now I no what we have to do thank you so much it's so stressful It's all I think about lol

Jane BM

Ye he said he will get it translated then some1 told him he had to take it to the Embasy so I'm happy now I no what we have to do thank you so much it's so stressful It's all I think about lol
Remember that all his documents that he's going to supply need translating into English too....

Always better if they don't listen to 'coffee shop talk'...lol...there's always someone who's uncles donkey went through the process who give them bad or wrong advise!!:rolleyes: