Spouse visa Application - how many granted visa

Mona

Yes just a translated copy handed in with the rest of your paperwork.

Mona

Lol Jane that just made me laugh. X

Jane BM

Lyndsey

Lol that is so funny so true he has had people telling him his English test no longer counts but I rang up n asked and it does but he was still worrying about it because people told him lol

Jane BM

Lol that is so funny so true he has had people telling him his English test no longer counts but I rang up n asked and it does but he was still worrying about it because people told him lol
English test is essential, has been for a while, just the grade that goes up from tomorrow to B1....

Yes it's always best if they LISTEN TO US!!! Lol

Lyndsey

Ye he has his English test he passed that, hasn't it just changed for indefinite leave to remain in the uk for the spouse visa it's still ok isn't it, I wish this was more simple lol

Jane BM

Ye he has his English test he passed that, hasn't it just changed for indefinite leave to remain in the uk for the spouse visa it's still ok isn't it, I wish this was more simple lol
ILR it's gone up to B1. What grade did he get for settlement?

Lyndsey

I'm getting myself confused now lol it's changed for ilr, he got level a1 that's still ok for applying for the visa isn't it because it's just the ilr that's changed

Lyndsey

hello me again about this marriage cert lol, how did u all change your name I keep getting told I have to do it through deed poll, when applying for are visa is a translated coppy of are marriage cert ok do we have to get it stamped by any1 or do we get are original stamped by any1 or s just having it translted into English ok

Jane BM

hello me again about this marriage cert lol, how did u all change your name I keep getting told I have to do it through deed poll, when applying for are visa is a translated coppy of are marriage cert ok do we have to get it stamped by any1 or do we get are original stamped by any1 or s just having it translted into English ok
You don't have to change your name! When in the UK you can just change things like your bank account etc into your new name. You can register it though, ask at the Embassy.

As for the marriage certificate it needs translating, from what I can remember my husband got his documents stamped also and certified. May have changed since then, not sure.

Lyndsey

I don't really understand who has to sighn the marriage cert is that to apply for the visa or does it just have to be done it does it just have to be done to change my name thank you so much for answering my questions all the time lol

Jane BM

I don't really understand who has to sighn the marriage cert is that to apply for the visa or does it just have to be done it does it just have to be done to change my name thank you so much for answering my questions all the time lol
It's for the visa. My husband did his end though...lol...yours should know!! From what I can remember he had to go to Tunis and he had all his documentation stamped by 3 separate departments. If he contacts where you married, they should tell him. I can't remember now I'm afraid.

It's got nothing to do with changing your name though, that's a completely different thing. Some people chose to register their marriage in the UK, some didn't. I didn't. The important thing is that your marriage is registered in the country where you married...ie, Tunisia. So there is already a paper trail. Your certified translated marriage certificate is proof for the UK, you'll need this when you want to change your name, ie bank, doctors, mortgage etc etc.

shazia

It's my 9th week waiting for our spouse visa.......still no news

missmetal

This is what we did,

The original marriage certificate was in arabic, and we had it officially translated into French (im in Canada) When I say officially, i mean by an official translator with official stamps. This does cost money! If I remember correctly only the Original was stamped by 3 different parties
- The municality where we got married
- The governates office (the state/provincal office) where hubby lives
- the Foreign office in Tunis - to recognize and acknowledge the foreign marriage

Both the orignal and certified copy were sent in with our application (might be different for the UK) as i guess they want to see the orignal and the translation. Some people did not get all 3 stamps and were successful, some not so successful so to be safe, we got all 3 and the stamps are not expensive.

When we applied for a Visitors Visa for the UK (from Canada) all we had to supply with regards to the wedding certificate part of it, was a translated copy of our marriage certificate and I had a friend translate the French version into English. It just needed to be signed by them with contact details, and then notarized that the translation was good. However, this was for a VV for immigration it might be different.

Jane BM

This is what we did,

The original marriage certificate was in arabic, and we had it officially translated into French (im in Canada) When I say officially, i mean by an official translator with official stamps. This does cost money! If I remember correctly only the Original was stamped by 3 different parties
- The municality where we got married
- The governates office (the state/provincal office) where hubby lives
- the Foreign office in Tunis - to recognize and acknowledge the foreign marriage

Both the orignal and certified copy were sent in with our application (might be different for the UK) as i guess they want to see the orignal and the translation. Some people did not get all 3 stamps and were successful, some not so successful so to be safe, we got all 3 and the stamps are not expensive.

When we applied for a Visitors Visa for the UK (from Canada) all we had to supply with regards to the wedding certificate part of it, was a translated copy of our marriage certificate and I had a friend translate the French version into English. It just needed to be signed by them with contact details, and then notarized that the translation was good. However, this was for a VV for immigration it might be different.
Better memory than me!!! All the paperwork seems to be merging into one big bubble in my head....lol

kassie

It's my 9th week waiting for our spouse visa.......still no news

Sorry Shazia....but unfortunately .....you have to play the "waiting game" :sorry:.....as I said before.....we waited 20, YES, 20 weeks! .....and I guess many other ppl had to do the same! You will never hurry "them" up!....Believe me....we tried! :( Try and carry on and just wait patiently! :facepalm:

missmetal

Better memory than me!!! All the paperwork seems to be merging into one big bubble in my head....lol
LOL same to be honest but the stamps i remember coz i was with him when we tried to do and as usual there was always an issue, closed or out to lunch

shazia

Hi kassie

My husband has had a call to pick his passport up tomorrow 1:30pm

Fingers crossed x

Sorry Shazia....but unfortunately .....you have to play the "waiting game" :sorry:.....as I said before.....we waited 20, YES, 20 weeks! .....and I guess many other ppl had to do the same! You will never hurry "them" up!....Believe me....we tried! :( Try and carry on and just wait patiently! :facepalm:

Jane BM

Hi kassie

My husband has had a call to pick his passport up tomorrow 1:30pm

Fingers crossed x
Do let us know how it goes....fingers crossed its good news for you both. Xx

shazia

Do let us know how it goes....fingers crossed its good news for you both. Xx

Thank you x
Definitely! I will keep you posted

I thought the 9 week wait was long but the next 24 hours will be a lot worse.

Fingers crossed xx