Spouse visa Application - how many granted visa

kassie

Thank you x
Definitely! I will keep you posted

I thought the 9 week wait was long but the next 24 hours will be a lot worse.

Fingers crossed xx

lol....It certainly will! ;)....but I'm sure it will be worth it! :happy:

Mona

Good luck Shazia, fingers crossed for you. I hope it is good news and yes please let us know how it goes.

x

shazia

Hi

My husband has his visa woohoo!

It seems unreal to hear the news!

To all of you guys waiting-it certainly is worth the wait

Can I say a massive thank you to you guys that have given advice and to those who have set this forum up

I was really lost and it's only by reading the comments of people that I was able to find the information I needed

Thanks once again

Xx

Mona

Well done Shazia, congratulations and all the best for the future. x

Jane BM

Hi

Can I say a massive thank you to you guys that have given advice and to those who have set this forum up

I was really lost and it's only by reading the comments of people that I was able to find the information I needed

Thanks once again

Xx
Ah Shazia that's fantastic news for you both....yep it's worth the wait!!

As I always say...time to clear out a bit of space in the wardrobe now...lol.

Congratulations. Xx

Trulymadlydeeply

Congratulations to you both when is the big day?

kassie

Hi

Thanks once again

Xx

Ah .....well done you! Now you need to go shop..... for "winter woolies" lol......;)

Essem

Staff member
Congratulations to you both Shazia.xx

eve

Hi everyone was wondering if you kind people can shed some light on some questions i have. I have been married for 4 years to a tunisan man he has and is here now on a vv visa and we have one beautiful baby together. We are currently staying in a 2 bed council home and i get carers allowance as i care fr my younger sister i want to no if i am eligible to still apply for the settlement visa? and what we need if we can.

Thank you for any information given

Trulymadlydeeply

Welcome eve, if I'm not mistaken I think being a carer means you do not have to satisfy the earnings criterior for the settlement visa. If I'm wrong in sure someone will correct me.

eve

Thank you :) hopefully someone will be able to tell me what's needed even if i am exempt i am sure its not an easy process.

Trulymadlydeeply

It is far from an easy process I'm afraid. You were lucky to get the VV very few get it, especially after you are married. Good luck...

eve

Yes we was we got the first one just over a year ago but circumstances were different with me as i was working then and private rented, My husband also owns a property and a shop which was intent to go back. Now circumstances have changed and just struggaling to no what i have to do or include in the app.

Jane BM

Yes we was we got the first one just over a year ago but circumstances were different with me as i was working then and private rented, My husband also owns a property and a shop which was intent to go back. Now circumstances have changed and just struggaling to no what i have to do or include in the app.
I think if you check out the UKBA site, you'll find that getting a carers allowance does exempt you from the financial requirement, however that's more in line with the old regs, so you will have to prove to them that you can provide for your husband should he be granted settlement. This will include full details of your earnings, allowances, then detailing all your outgoings, providing bank statements, rental agreement etc.

Last edited:

eve

Yes i did just see i was exempt and thank you for that i would of never of thought to put all that in. My dad said he can offer my husband a job as he has his own business and as well my husband will be bringing money with him. He did pass the ket test last year but i hear he will have to take the pet test?

Thanks for the info jane everything is much appreciated

Jane BM

Yes i did just see i was exempt and thank you for that i would of never of thought to put all that in. My dad said he can offer my husband a job as he has his own business and as well my husband will be bringing money with him. He did pass the ket test last year but i hear he will have to take the pet test?

Thanks for the info jane everything is much appreciated
I THINK the KET test is still ok, it's for ILR that it's changed. But again if you go on the UKBA site, there's an appendage on the right hand side (35 pages long!!), but it lists all the approved English tests they'll take, so just make sure the one he took is on there and that it doesn't have an expiration date.

As for the offer of employment, be very careful, it's great your dad can offer him a job, BUT it MUST be a FIRM offer, with a work contract etc, otherwise this had been grounds for refusal in the past, if they don't think it's a genuine offer.

Just remember to gather as much information on everything so they have no grounds for refusal and so there's no ambiguity.

eve

Thanks jane

Jane BM

Thanks jane
Best of luck Eve, can be daunting...just be methodical. Use this site to garner as much information as you can.

Meanwhile, enjoy him being here right now, and your new baby. The stress will come when he goes back....and you're up to your eyeballs in paperwork! Lol..:rolleyes:

eve

I will do its great there's a site like this that everyone can go to for help and support. Yeah nappy's and paper work lol. Thanks again. One more thing is it wise do you think to get letter of council?

Jane BM

I will do its great there's a site like this that everyone can go to for help and support. Yeah nappy's and paper work lol. Thanks again. One more thing is it wise do you think to get letter of council?
Yes.....also give a planned outline of the property rented, so they have proof that it's big enough.