Spouse visa application

ali el abed

Hi everyone , I'm new in this forum , me and my wife we've been thinking about applying for a UK Settlement visa so we can be a proper family , we've been together for more then 3 years now and been married for more then 1 year , we have no idea about what we need to do or what papers we need to prove , I just wondered if i can get some helpful information from people who've already been thru this before (sorry for my english :p )

Many thanks.

Jane BM

We have many threads on here that give advise as to spouse visas, also check out the UKVI site where it lists the criteria....then if you've still got questions just shout out. X

Emad

Hi everyone , I'm new in this forum , me and my wife we've been thinking about applying for a UK Settlement visa so we can be a proper family , we've been together for more then 3 years now and been married for more then 1 year , we have no idea about what we need to do or what papers we need to prove , I just wondered if i can get some helpful information from people who've already been thru this before (sorry for my english :p )

Many thanks.
Hi, The best advice you can get is through the British embassy (Consulate) in Tunis, give them a call, also there site may give an immediate answer.
Google it and you will gat all info, good luck.
Emad
(Jerba)

scotty_bambam

Your English is very good.I would say .book for your I.e l.t.s ..a.1 speaking and listening test.get a passport.open a bank account..and do as Jane suggestd.have a read and any questions we will all help you

robynnehm

I don't understand why they need to open a bank account my hubby doesn't have one... so... and it costs money for him to open it.. its not going to be any great help I don't think...
He did go for his ielts today and it's nothing like they advise you on the website he said abd there's no listening and writing and you are with another person with the examiner in the speaking and basically one asks the questions and one answers... kariim has come out worrying like mad thinking he's not done enough... x just got to wait a week to find out x x from what he says I think he's done fine x

ali el abed

thank you all for your replays :) i tried calling the embassy and they told me that i need to book an appointment first and that they can't give me more information because everything is already on the website , i looked at the website and i didn't really understand anything ,it looks too complicated , i already have a bank account and a passport , how do i book for the english test ?

scotty_bambam

I don't understand why they need to open a bank account my hubby doesn't have one... so... and it costs money for him to open it.. its not going to be any great help I don't think...
He did go for his ielts today and it's nothing like they advise you on the website he said abd there's no listening and writing and you are with another person with the examiner in the speaking and basically one asks the questions and one answers... kariim has come out worrying like mad thinking he's not done enough... x just got to wait a week to find out x x from what he says I think he's done fine x
So how I's he going to psy his visa money without s bank account?

ali el abed

can i pay the visa fees from Tunisia or my wife needs to pay it online ?

scotty_bambam

Well this I'd my problem.I paid everything from my UK bank and its cost me £98 more! ... £52 of this was charges from my bank as it was a foreign transaction,and the rest was because of something I found out today,that the home office( UK visas) set their own exchange rate. So it will be better to pay in dinar from a Tunisian bank.. Also ,when my husband booked his English test,he had to pay by bank transfer..maybe its different now,but it was only in July.

ali el abed

thats strange !!! how I'm i supposed to pay it ? cash in hand ? because i can't pay anything online with my bank account !

scotty_bambam

thats strange !!! how I'm i supposed to pay it ? cash in hand ? because i can't pay anything online with my bank account !
Why don't you find a bank that you can?

ali el abed

i'll ask my bank about it , but i don't think that its possible , what's the website for the english test ? thank you very much for your help :)

scotty_bambam

i'll ask my bank about it , but i don't think that its possible , what's the website for the english test ? thank you very much for your help :)
British council Tunisia.... Google that

ali el abed

i got two serious problems now , first , we can't meet the financial requirement because my wife's salary depends on haw many hours she works , so its not the same every month, she got some savings , will that count ? and the other problem is that the house she lives in with her grandma is a rented council house and its on her grandmother's name , so we can't provide most of the papers concerning the propriety , what can we do about this ? what are our chances ?

scotty_bambam

Its not a problem that she lives with grandma.she needs a letter from grandma explaining that she's happy for you to live with them,as well as letter from the council stating it won't be overcrowded with you there,the tenancy agreement, and a bill with your wife's name and the address on.I presume her grandma pays the gas,electric etc. Or a copy of her name on the electoral register...her address will be on her bank statements as well... The financial is more complicated,but if you don't get it exactly right you will fail.you can use savings though,but you need a.. lot.you can receive money as a gift,but it needs to be in your wife's bank account for 6 months before you apoly.your wife can phone citizens advice bureau they have immigration lawyers ,and will be able to advise you hopefully on how much savings you would need.

robynnehm

I'm just going to do it like that! I can't afford to do it not on a credit card and then just pay it back over the next year! Which I know I can afford then! The English test he did it as a bank transfer from a western union payment I sent him into the British council account ( his were special circumstabces) as he got a last min booking for yesterday last week... so lucky x

Saule

My husband has confirmed this that Tunisians do not have bank accounts with direct debits or credit cards, therefore they can't pay anything online and never did, only business people.

Pattia86

Ali you don't need an account to make the transfer

Pattia86

You just go to the BIAT

Pattia86

I have made the transfer with STB since I have an account there and after 7 days they called me from British council to announce me that they did not receive the money and they adviced me to go to the BIAT you only need to use your name as reference for the bank transfer you don't need an account