Spouse Visa - Documents Needed

Mrs K

hi, I've been searching the forum to try and find an answer but can't find it so sorry if duplicated. I wanted a list of the documents needed by my husband for the spouse visa. I know everything I need to get but not completely sure on his and don't want to miss anything, also what time frames we have for his documents, like when he should get certain documents by. We are looking to apply at the beginning of June.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks x

Liz Brown

I too would like to know this. Hope somebody can help!

Jasmine

Section 1:Application documents
• Introduction letter (optional)
• Copy of passport data page & 2 Passport photos
• Copy of visa application printed from Visa4UK site.
• Copy of a Filled out form of Appendix 2 (VAF 4A)
• Copy of all emails sent to email address 6 in total confirming application/payment/NHS payments and all confirmations.
• Online transaction confirming both payments for the visa fee and health Surcharge
• Copy of IELTS Certificate

Section 2: Maintenance (Financial):
• Employment letter, confirming gross salary, shift allowance, permanent,length of service and job title.
• Job offer and contract of employment
• Letter confirming increase in availability
• Payslips 6 months
• Bank statements -6 months

Section 3: Accommodation:
• Letter from landlord- confirming spouse can reside at the apartment, and stated the rent will remain the same.
• Tenancy agreement
• Council tax bill

Section 4: Relationship Evidence:
• Marriage certificate (original and copy)
• Divorce Decree of Absolute. (if applicable)
• Original copy of my own birth certificate (optional)
• SU07/12 Sponsorship undertaking form
• Flight confirmations, e tickets, boarding passes, hotel receipts if in both names
• visa pages of my passport, and my data pages.
• Call logs
• WhatsApp / skype etc chat history
• Facebook / emails
• photos from including some wedding photos

Mrs K

Thanks for the list very helpful, there is no mention of a B3 for the applicant, is this needed or optional? I was under the impression it was essential?
With birth certificates do they need to be dated within 3 months of application or 28 days or does it not matter?

Thanks again X

Jasmine

Thanks for the list very helpful, there is no mention of a B3 for the applicant, is this needed or optional? I was under the impression it was essential?
With birth certificates do they need to be dated within 3 months of application or 28 days or does it not matter?

Thanks again X

B3 is actually optional as it asks on the application form for details of convictions (if any) and you can back it up with a B3 check.
Birth Certificates - both spouses - are within 3 months. Its financial documents that are within 28 days of application submission date (date you click submit online)

Mrs K

Thank you so much Jasmine x

Mrs K

I am starting to print paperwork off and when it comes to my facebook messages there is literally thousands going back to 2014, ive picked 3 days per month to print (beginning middle and end) to show the constant contact, and printer two pages per A4 sheet, there is still alot but will this be ok? i dont want to give too much but dont want to give too little, not sure where that thin line is! By the time June comes when we submit, it will be approx 450 pages! Can anyone advise? Thanks x

Jane BM

I am starting to print paperwork off and when it comes to my facebook messages there is literally thousands going back to 2014, ive picked 3 days per month to print (beginning middle and end) to show the constant contact, and printer two pages per A4 sheet, there is still alot but will this be ok? i dont want to give too much but dont want to give too little, not sure where that thin line is! By the time June comes when we submit, it will be approx 450 pages! Can anyone advise? Thanks x
They really do just need to see little snippets, because they certainly won't be trawling through it all ...lol....it's just a means of showing constant contact.

Jasmine

They aren't necessarily interested in the content of messages, just seeing consistent contact throughout your relationship. I would personally screen shot a couple each month, for each means of contact (skype, whats app, viber, facebook, emails etc) to show its regular. If I was an ECO I wouldnt look through 450 pages :D

Mrs K

They aren't necessarily interested in the content of messages, just seeing consistent contact throughout your relationship. I would personally screen shot a couple each month, for each means of contact (skype, whats app, viber, facebook, emails etc) to show its regular. If I was an ECO I wouldnt look through 450 pages :D
i know thats what i think then i have a solicitor saying put lots of evidence in, the more the better but he said he thought it may be a bit excessive too haha!!! i will cut it down, will save on the cost of posting too!!!
we never used whatsapp, skype or viber that much so only have a little bit of evidence from them but it spans over a few months, the main contact is through facebook, thought it would be easier having it one place :) thanks as always for all your help :) x

Mrs K

Hi again, just a couple of questions on the spouse visa application.
1 - with the marriage certificate and translation does it have to be dated a certain timeframe (the translation) as we got ours translated in February so I could get my name changed in the U.K. But don't know if we need to get another translation done (doing online application on the 10th June)
2 - with my husbands B3 - is this necessary? He is going to work away and worried he's not going to have enough time to get it done before the appointment?
3 - for anyone who has been successful getting the spouse visa, how long in between being told their decision to picking up their passport? We are going to do priority.

Thanks xx

scotty_bambam

1 - with the marriage certificate and translation does it have to be dated a certain timeframe (the translation) as we got ours translated in February so I could get my name changed in the U.K. But don't know if we need to get another translation done (doing online application on the 10th June)
2 - with my husbands B3 - is this necessary? He is going to work away and worried he's not going to have enough time to get it done before the appointment?
3 - for anyone who has been successful getting the spouse visa, how long in between being told their decision to picking up their passport? We are going to do priority.

Thanks xx
I believe financial I'd 28 day rule and anything else within 3 months.ours was about 2 months .b3 is not a required document. And we got decision made email Tues and ready to collect Thurs.very quick,but its the only thing that was.we waited 3.5 months for visa.

Mrs K

Thanks so much, can I ask did you do a b3?

Hope everything's going well having your hubby home xx

Jasmine

Thanks xx

In response:
1) No they dont need to be stamped and dated within a time frame ONLY financial documents
2) B3 is not a required document - you're asked if he (applicant) has any convictions on the application form, the B3 just confirms what he stated there
3) Usually 2-3 days after Decision Made email to getting notification from TLS "Ready for Collection"

Mrs K

Thanks Jasmine you're a star, sorry to repeat but I definitely don't need to get another translation of my marriage certificate? Ours is dated beginning of February and we won't be applying until June?
I don't want to give them any reason to say no! X

Jane BM

Thanks Jasmine you're a star, sorry to repeat but I definitely don't need to get another translation of my marriage certificate? Ours is dated beginning of February and we won't be applying until June?
I would definitely advise him to get his B3, I wouldn't take the risk of not submitting it. All it takes is a trip to the police station to put his request in and then another to collect it. As with all things in the application for spouse visa, you need to show evidence of what you are saying to them .

Trulymadlydeeply

I would think if B3 not supplied they would doubt his declaration of no criminal record.

scotty_bambam

We did supply b3 but have spoken to many since who didn't and got visa...its z big adjustment fif both of us..let's say its " interesting"! X

Jasmine

Ours was translated and stamped in 2009 - used that and was fine :)

Njt11

Can I ask where it was stamped please?? Does it need 3 stamps?? Am I right??Rough cost of them too if poss. Thanks in advance X