Spouse Visa - Documents Needed

Njt11

Hi, can someone please confirm, 6 months of payslips, do these need to be stamped and dated by employer to prove authenticity? I receive my payslips online will this be a problem? I will ask my employer to confirm that I receive them this way. My HR department is at a central site (not where I am based) so would it only be them who could confirm authenticity or could I ask a senior manager locally to stamp and sign and date? Thanks in advance xxx

Jasmine

Hi, can someone please confirm, 6 months of payslips, do these need to be stamped and dated by employer to prove authenticity? I receive my payslips online will this be a problem? I will ask my employer to confirm that I receive them this way. My HR department is at a central site (not where I am based) so would it only be them who could confirm authenticity or could I ask a senior manager locally to stamp and sign and date? Thanks in advance xxx

Have you got your employer to write a letter stating your pay, hours and contract details? If so, they can back up your online payslips.

Do you get paid direct into your bank account? As long as the stated amount on payslip corresponds with the bank transaction I think you'd be fine.

IF you are submitting a supporting letter to go alongside the application, you can detail it in there also.

Side note (for anyone applying) If you are submitting a letter try and think that the person picking up your application is an alien and you have to explain things in simple terms. What may seem uncomplicated / straightforward to you, may not come across that way to the ECO ;)

Njt11

Thanks for reply...

Yes I will get my employer to write a letter confirming that and yes I do get paid directly into my bank account. I will also get them to confirm (as well as me) that my payslips are only online versions.

In the supporting letter do you just detail all of this type of info or is it more about the relationship? I was going to do it section by section and do a covering letter for each section to break everything down to avoid confusion.

So, if you were me, would you get the payslips stamped or do you not think it necessary?? Thanks again X

Jasmine

I would just to satisfy myself that I covered a base that they COULD use to refuse on.

I think after seeing so many refusal letters, you see that some are obvious reasons, and some are a clutching at straws one. I wouldnt leave anything to chance and would cover everything, that way I wont spend the timeline of their deciding fretting whether I did enough. If the option is there to have them stamped then it won't do any harm.

The supporting letter, I paragraphed Financial, Accommodation, and Subsisting marriage.

The first paragraph was letting them know how and when we met, how often I'd go over etc. When we decided to marry and then the date we married.

Then in the final paragraph I wrote about where we see ourselves in the future if reunited. I tried to keep is without so much emotion and just stuck to the facts.

Njt11

Thanks so much for your help! Last question (sorry) if I got them stamped by a senior manager locally would that be ok or would you go toHR? I think HR but they are beyond slow...x

Jasmine

Thanks so much for your help! Last question (sorry) if I got them stamped by a senior manager locally would that be ok or would you go toHR? I think HR but they are beyond slow...x

It would make more sense to get HR to, but if your senior manager is privy to your rate of pay etc and it would be him/her that would be writing a letter to confirm your employment details it can be them.

Liz Brown

Sorry to be a pain somebody has asked the question already I think but I'm not sure I understand the answer. I have a solicitor but don't want to pester too much.
So I apply for the visa here in England. Send papers to hubby (any ideas which is best way to send?). How long will it take to have his appointment in Tunisia? Then what happens?
Not sure whether to pay for priority or not.
Many thanks for your help.

Jane BM

Liz if you have a solicitor then you're paying to pester them...lol....

When you fill in the online application it offers you dates for your husband to attend and submit the documents. I'd shop around for costs of couriers to send the paperwork over.

Once he's submitted that's it, you just wait for him to receive an email, I know people who've paid for the priority service and had their decision within 10 days. X

Liz Brown

Thank you for your reply. Sorry to be a pain but when you say it offers dates, are these dates the next week or are they longer for example the month after? Thank you.

Jasmine

Thank you for your reply. Sorry to be a pain but when you say it offers dates, are these dates the next week or are they longer for example the month after? Thank you.

Depends how busy they are. Sometimes you can do the following day, the following week or a month later.

But saying that you have to remember that financial documents are within 28 days of online submission.

Njt11

Morning everyone, hope someone can help. I am getting my head around all of the evidence I need for visa, my husband's info needs translated and stamped by translator, but what about my evidence? My info from work will be stamped by work - that's fine, but what about the pages showing stamps from passport, utility bills, council bills, housing inspection report....do these all need stamped by someone? If so could anyone tell me who?! Thanks as usual xxx

Jasmine

Morning everyone, hope someone can help. I am getting my head around all of the evidence I need for visa, my husband's info needs translated and stamped by translator, but what about my evidence? My info from work will be stamped by work - that's fine, but what about the pages showing stamps from passport, utility bills, council bills, housing inspection report....do these all need stamped by someone? If so could anyone tell me who?! Thanks as usual xxx

You can ask a solicitor to certify your passport (biometric and entry/exit stamps) but it wont go against you if they're not certified.
The rest of the paperwork - tenancy, utility, council tax etc dont need to be stamped or certified.

Njt11

Thanks @Jasmine xx

Another question, I don't have a tenancy agreement as such because I rent from my parents. Will a letter from them confirming this be sufficient?? Or should we draw up an agreement??xx

Jasmine

Thanks @Jasmine xx

Another question, I don't have a tenancy agreement as such because I rent from my parents. Will a letter from them confirming this be sufficient?? Or should we draw up an agreement??xx

Do they own the property you're renting?

scotty_bambam

You can get your passport pages certified at s main post office for £12 for 3 pages..I did..but it absolutely is not necessary. Xx

Njt11

Yeah they own it @Jasmine xxx

Thanks, I thought you had done something at post office, hope things are good for you xxx @scotty_bambam

Jasmine

Then you'd need the land deeds to confirm they own it along with a letter from them stating you rent it from them, charges of rent etc that you pay

scotty_bambam

Yeah they own it @Jasmine xxx

Thanks, I thought you had done something at post office, hope things are good for you xxx @scotty_bambam
I love your pic.your dress I's fab.xx. let's say things are up and down. At times i feel like a domestic. I'm definitely running around shopping ,cleaning washing.def feels one sided.still secrets and anger.but a few loving times.a little sunshine through the storm clouds.as moonsky says. Its ingrained..never been taught consideration,as every need been met by mummy.but we'll see.I don't have to support flr.xx

Jane BM

I love your pic.your dress I's fab.xx. let's say things are up and down. At times i feel like a domestic. I'm definitely running around shopping ,cleaning washing.def feels one sided.still secrets and anger.but a few loving times.a little sunshine through the storm clouds.as moonsky says. Its ingrained..never been taught consideration,as every need been met by mummy.but we'll see.I don't have to support flr.xx
What do you mean you don't have to support FLR?

Secrets and anger? Scotty this is sounding worse and worse I'm afraid to say....I can honestly say that whilst it's a huge learning curve when they first arrive, the issues that you seem to be experiencing are not normal, if anything you should be experiencing the honeymoon phase right now!!!