Spouse Visa - Documents Needed

Jasmine

With the financial evidence, I know you cant count tax credits towards the proof of income, but what if you receive money from your ex partner for your child, can you use that? If you can what proof do you need? to see the money going into my bank each week, but would I need any sort of letter or confirmation from my ex? thanks x
Is it through CSA or the new service thats been introduced? Or a voluntary agreement between you and the ex?

I assume if its voluntary payments the payment is showing on your bank statements? Regular and same amount etc. Highlight them and add them in your covering letter. "I receive X every week/fortnight/month from my child's father as maintenance, this is a voluntary payment we have arranged between ourselves, I have highlighted these transactions on my bank statement for ease of reference".
You COULD get a letter confirming the above from your ex partner, depends how amicable your relationship is with him.
If its through CSA or the new service, you would have received a payment schedule. You can add a copy of this letter.

Mrs K

Is it through CSA or the new service thats been introduced? Or a voluntary agreement between you and the ex?

I assume if its voluntary payments the payment is showing on your bank statements? Regular and same amount etc. Highlight them and add them in your covering letter. "I receive X every week/fortnight/month from my child's father as maintenance, this is a voluntary payment we have arranged between ourselves, I have highlighted these transactions on my bank statement for ease of reference".
You COULD get a letter confirming the above from your ex partner, depends how amicable your relationship is with him.
If its through CSA or the new service, you would have received a payment schedule. You can add a copy of this letter.
It is voluntary and although we are amicable for our boys sake he will NOT do anything that will help me or my husband that's for sure, I wouldn't even ask! I should be fine without it was just wondering just incase.
Thanks Jasmine X

Jasmine

It is voluntary and although we are amicable for our boys sake he will NOT do anything that will help me or my husband that's for sure, I wouldn't even ask! I should be fine without it was just wondering just incase.
Thanks Jasmine X
Anytime :)

I would put in a cover letter that its voluntary, and X amount and how often its paid, and how its paid. If straight into your bank account then I'd highlight it on bank statements and state "highlighted for your ease of reference".

Mrs K

Anytime :)

I would put in a cover letter that its voluntary, and X amount and how often its paid, and how its paid. If straight into your bank account then I'd highlight it on bank statements and state "highlighted for your ease of reference".
Yeah he puts it straight into my bank it's just obviously you know I lost my job and for this month I have two weeks of no pay so over all the 6 months I should have earned enough but won't really know until the time comes so if I can use this then that would be good. One thing I wanted to ask if for April I have my old job payslip, may will be a temporary job (or permanent if I get the job I go for on Tuesday?) and then 4 months of a new job is this going to be ok or will I have to start again when I get a permanent job and do 6 months with the new one?
Does that make sense? Sorry, my head is all over the place at the moment xx

Liz Brown

Yeah he puts it straight into my bank it's just obviously you know I lost my job and for this month I have two weeks of no pay so over all the 6 months I should have earned enough but won't really know until the time comes so if I can use this then that would be good. One thing I wanted to ask if for April I have my old job payslip, may will be a temporary job (or permanent if I get the job I go for on Tuesday?) and then 4 months of a new job is this going to be ok or will I have to start again when I get a permanent job and do 6 months with the new one?
Does that make sense? Sorry, my head is all over the place at the moment xx
Have a look at VAF4A appendix 2 form it will show you all the evidence required for proving financial requirement xx

Liz Brown

Liz if you have a solicitor then you're paying to pester them...lol....

When you fill in the online application it offers you dates for your husband to attend and submit the documents. I'd shop around for costs of couriers to send the paperwork over.

Once he's submitted that's it, you just wait for him to receive an email, I know people who've paid for the priority service and had their decision within 10 days. X
So all went to plan on Friday, solicitor happy with all our documents and got the dates for submission in Tunis. Just one thing, the 28 day financial rule, is it from the date you submit application online or when you hand over the file? I completely forgot to ask xx

Jasmine

So all went to plan on Friday, solicitor happy with all our documents and got the dates for submission in Tunis. Just one thing, the 28 day financial rule, is it from the date you submit application online or when you hand over the file? I completely forgot to ask xx
Online submission date

Liz Brown

Online submission date
Perfect thank you so much it means I don't have to start pestering work to change dates on letter and bank for further statements! You really are a diamond - thank you xx

Njt11

Hello,
I'm looking for clarification please!!
We are hoping to apply at start of July and I am going to base my financial info from Jan-June. I can get my payslips stamped and a covering letter from work to confirm the amounts BUT, the bank statements, what exactly do I need for these? I have kept my bank statements that have been sent from the bank each month, can these be used and a covering letter from the bank issued to confirm they are correct? To complicate matters further, I switched from Halifax to first direct in March. I can explain this for the visa as the balance was transferred directly from one to another. First direct are saying that they won't stamp the statements...it's not something they do apparently. They will supply a covering letter to confirm the balance etc, do I just need them to confirm opening and closing at end of each month? I don't really know what I need them to put in their letter. And will statements that I have received since March be okay if supported with a letter from them?? I am aware of the 28 day rule for financial criteria but not sure what it applies to. I am half tempted to switch to another bank so I can actually walk in somewhere and get the info I need.
Hope this makes sense and sorry for rambling...I've written the equivalent of a short (quite boring) story X

Shazza100

Hi...if they are original bank statements sent to you in the post, you don't need them stamped. The stamp is to confirm authenticity for online statements. If they are original you don't need the stamps for authenticity. I didn't get a covering letter from the bank, I just printed the most recent statement from online and asked them to stamp it and submitted it with the remaining original statements. There is a really good explanatory document that is on the government statement which explains what you need to submit to prove the financial criteria.

Njt11

Hi @Shazza100 thanks for this, so did you get a letter from bank to support statements?? Thanks very much xx

Njt11

Half asleep @Shazza100 just re read your post...sorry ignore last post!!xx

Njt11

I searched and searched for something on government website but found nothing, do you know the name of the document you mean? @Shazza100

Shazza100

Just type in financial requirement gov.uk. Into Google and it will come up. It's a pdf large document. You can also click on the link from section 5 of the visa requirements on the government website. There is a link financial requirement and it will click straight through to the document.

Mrs K

Hi I have a couple of questions on the financial side, I unfortunately lost my job in April and have been temping since May, I earn £18k so am just under the threshold, my two questions are firstly can I use maintenance payments from my ex as part of the threshold, if I can will just the bank statements showing the payment going in each week be sufficient or would I need a letter or something from my ex (I hope not otherwise I'm screwed, there's no way he would help me!) also as I'm only temping and it's not a permenant position will this matter when it comes to applying? Or if I've been temping and then say next month I get a permenant job can I still use the temping payslips from May and then payslips from the permenant job whenever I manage to get one (so we can still apply at the end of October)? Sorry I've tried to be clear, my head is a little over the place at the moment
Thanks xx

Liz Brown

Sorry Mrs K I'm not sure - solicitor would be your best bet xx

sass

Hi I have a couple of questions on the financial side, I unfortunately lost my job in April and have been temping since May, I earn £18k so am just under the threshold, my two questions are firstly can I use maintenance payments from my ex as part of the threshold, if I can will just the bank statements showing the payment going in each week be sufficient or would I need a letter or something from my ex (I hope not otherwise I'm screwed, there's no way he would help me!) also as I'm only temping and it's not a permenant position will this matter when it comes to applying? Or if I've been temping and then say next month I get a permenant job can I still use the temping payslips from May and then payslips from the permenant job whenever I manage to get one (so we can still apply at the end of October)? Sorry I've tried to be clear, my head is a little over the place at the moment
Thanks xx
Hii, looks a difficult situation, someone on here recommended a website on Facebook called ' I love my foreign spouse ' corny name but absolutely brilliant for advice, it's a closed group so you have to request membership, but I highly recommend it, loads of people who have been or are going through various visas x

Njt11

hi Im hoping someone can help, please!!!
I am basing my 6 months financial from 1 January to 30 June, can I submit visa application online on 30th or do I have to wait until the 1st July? im not sure if the 28 day financial rule applies begore submission date or afterwards too? I was going to get statements on 1 July so it included the full day of 30th June, but then not sure if I submit application on 30th then that would make them invalid?! Or am I worrying about absolutely nothing?!!! Thanks for any help x

sass

hi Im hoping someone can help, please!!!
I am basing my 6 months financial from 1 January to 30 June, can I submit visa application online on 30th or do I have to wait until the 1st July? im not sure if the 28 day financial rule applies begore submission date or afterwards too? I was going to get statements on 1 July so it included the full day of 30th June, but then not sure if I submit application on 30th then that would make them invalid?! Or am I worrying about absolutely nothing?!!! Thanks for any help x
I submitted online on 23rd May, got statement from bank same day on same day, I am sure 1 day will be fine, I even included my last flight from 1st June in the submission, didn't seem to be a problem x