Spouse visa success

lola

Hi, my husband and I found out last week that we have been successful in getting the spouse visa... So excited!
He is coming to Enhland on Saturday and I was just wondering if he was entitled to any health care here? I know we are not entitled to claim hover me t finds but does that include health care? If do can you advise on what we do about this? Thanks :)

Mrs H

Hi, my husband and I found out last week that we have been successful in getting the spouse visa... So excited!
He is coming to Enhland on Saturday and I was just wondering if he was entitled to any health care here? I know we are not entitled to claim hover me t finds but does that include health care? If do can you advise on what we do about this? Thanks :)

He can register with your local doctors surgery but they only register him as a temporary patient until he has ILR when he will have to register again.

Jellycat

congratulations Lola. He is entitled to full NHS healthcare- just take him along to your surgery with his passport. They didn't say anything about it being temporary when we registered 2.5 years ago and hubby never re-registered when he got the ILR and he's been to the Docs since. I think it might be Tune tendency to consult the Dr over any minor ailment.

Trulymadlydeeply

I completely agree JC on visiting the GP for literally anything!! Especially when it is free :rolleyes:

Congratulations Lola and hubby :)

Jane BM

Congratulations Lola....yes your husband is entitled to free NHS treatment, as he is here as a resident as opposed to a visitor, so he can register with a GP, sometimes you do have to point out to the surgery that even though it has no recourse to public funds stamped on the passport that NHS is not included in this. If you can find one locally as well he can also register with an NHS dentist.

My husband, like JC's also did not need to re register when he got his ILR.

Donna Said

Congratulations Lola I wish u both a very long and happy life together

Mrs H

H registered when he got here but has never been to the Dr. He tried to make an appointment a couple of months ago and was told he would have to register again as they have taken him off. He registered again and was sent out an nhs medical card.

Jane BM

H registered when he got here but has never been to the Dr. He tried to make an appointment a couple of months ago and was told he would have to register again as they have taken him off. He registered again and was sent out an nhs medical card.
Did he not receive a medical card when he first registered? My husband did...

Mrs H

No we didn't so don't know what happened there. Was just told by the surgery that the had him as a temp resident. I did have a few choice words to say to them but at least it's sorted now. By the way he still hasn't been to the Dr. Can't understand why he has to wait so long for an appointment when they can just go to a private clinic at home

My advice would be to check hes still registered every year as I registered hubby when he came here 2 years ago but when he needed an appointment a few months ago had to register him again I asked why he was removed and was told because hes only on a spouse visa and hadn't attended for a while they weren't sure if he had returned to tunisia.

Jane BM

My advice would be to check hes still registered every year as I registered hubby when he came here 2 years ago but when he needed an appointment a few months ago had to register him again I asked why he was removed and was told because hes only on a spouse visa and hadn't attended for a while they weren't sure if he had returned to tunisia.
Are you in England? Did your husband not receive a medical card?

lola

Thank you so much for all of your replies, it's really helpful. I will take him to get registered next week, and at a dentist.
Also I have another question if anyone can advise, does my salary have to stay over £18,600 for the entire 33 months? Will this be affected if I go on maternity leave?
Thanks for all your comments it's really helpful to have somewhere like this to go for advice. :)

Jane BM

Thank you so much for all of your replies, it's really helpful. I will take him to get registered next week, and at a dentist.
Also I have another question if anyone can advise, does my salary have to stay over £18,600 for the entire 33 months? Will this be affected if I go on maternity leave?
Thanks for all your comments it's really helpful to have somewhere like this to go for advice. :)
Well I'd imagine your husband will be working so it won't fall solely on your shoulders. X

lola

Sorry to bother you all again, however I have contacted my GP to register my husband and they have said they need proof of address before they can do this. He is living with me, and at the moment has no proof of adress - something with his name on. Any suggestions on what we can do? Thanks everyone.

Jane BM

Get his name put on a utility bill....when he gets his NI number the accompanying letter will have his address on as well. Get him to get a provisional driving license.....loads of things. Xx

Donna Said

Open a bank account, council tax, water, gas, telephone bill, provisional driving licence, mobile phone contract, get national; insurance no. apply for EHIC European union health care abroad replaced the E111

curly

Congratulations! I hope you don't mind me asking, but how long did you have to wait and did you use a solicitor? x

feefad

Congrats. He'll need proof of address to open a bank account too so best to get something sorted. I'd get a provisional license and perhaps go joint on a utility bill?

lola

Thanks for all of your suggestions I will get him added onto the electricity bill. I have started the process for a national insurance number but have been told it can take around 3 months to get authorised. I'm worried he will get bored with nothing to do. Has anyone any experience of this?

lola

Curly - I don't mind at all it took 8 weeks for our decision to come through and we didnt use a solicitor.