Successful visa application

Chez125

Hi - just a quick one for all of you out there wanting to apply or have applied recently for a visa my husband and I just picked his visa up today.
We are so happy we can finally begin our married life together.
It took 5 weeks from start to finish for the visa application but months of preparation.
I am happy to help anyone if they need advice based upon our e pertinence as to be honest it was a very stressful time.

missmetal

Congrats! At least thats one stress over with and now onto planning for his arrival. Exciting times!

salim

Hi - just a quick one for all of you out there wanting to apply or have applied recently for a visa my husband and I just picked his visa up today.
We are so happy we can finally begin our married life together.
It took 5 weeks from start to finish for the visa application but months of preparation.
I am happy to help anyone if they need advice based upon our e pertinence as to be honest it was a very stressful time.
Congratulations Chez 125 , i am so glad to hear about successful visa application , wish you share your experience with us , means full documents , steps to success this application!Congratulations again

Jane BM

Congratulations Chez.. Really pleased for you both. You can now put all that paperwork and stress to the back of your mind now and concentrate on the future. Lovely news. Xx

Essem

Staff member
Congratulations Chez. When is your hb coming to the UK?

olliebaby

Congratulations Chez and well done!! x

Chez125

Thanks for all the nice replies. We are really pleased and the whole process is so stressful just to get it over and done with is a relief! Now we can get on with our life's back in the uk! We are flying home next week so job hunting etc. we know the transition will be hard for both of us but we are 100% committed.

MM4AS

congratulations

YouOnlyLive Once!

Hi All, I just wanted to add to the thread that we got our visa approval for my bf yesterday! Having been told it would take 5 weeks, we had to wait 9 due to a backlog, the longest few weeks ever! We are not married as neither of us wanted to until we knew we were able to love together so applied under de facto relationship, everything was fine! Its for Ireland though, so not sure how much useful help/info i can give!! Anyway, he's now going to spend a couple of weeks at home and then he will be over! xx

Trulymadlydeeply

Congratulations, do you think you will marry in Ireland?

Essem

Staff member
Congratulations YOLO xx

YouOnlyLive Once!

Thanks a mil!! I knew ye would understand :):p We will definitely get married within the next year we will have one celebration here and one there so that as many as our friends and family as possible can celebrate

Trulymadlydeeply

How does it work in Ireland, how long does he get on his visa. Never heard of that type of visa before. Maybe you could post some details (not personal) regarding the visa application on the Visa thread?

YouOnlyLive Once!

Yea no probs at all. Im happy to answer/write as much as I can. Its a long stay and he can work ... same as if we were married basically, but we had to prove we are together for more than 2 years .... I'll post it all up on the visa thread

Jane BM

Congratulations to you both, lovely news. What a great idea to be able to do it this way....and the bonus that he can work as well so makes it more 'normal. Xx

YouOnlyLive Once!

Congratulations to you both, lovely news. What a great idea to be able to do it this way....and the bonus that he can work as well so makes it more 'normal. Xx
Thanks Jane BM! Maybe you can give me some advice on the next 12 months! Lol!!!

Yea, I think its a much better idea as you have to prove you are together 2 years so it takes a lot of the "visa hunters" out of the pile as its not as quick to get. But at least now when we get married, we don't have to spend months apart and as you said, he can work so it will be straight into "normal" life. We will probably move back to Tunisia at some stage but either way, at least now it means that we can be here without issue

Jane BM

Advice....lol.....don't think so!! Still trying to work it out 2 years of living together down the line....:eek::confused:

I'm sure you will work it out....are you in Eire then? I think it's a great idea, although we have the fiancé visa here it doesn't give the same benefits, ie, they can't work....and it's not for as long.

YouOnlyLive Once!

Lol!! If i figure out any tips quickly, I'll post them!! :) But generally when im there ive been there for a month, living together at a time, so hopefully that will have been a good foundation for us!

Yea, in Ireland .. although our immigration dont like to make it easy (i.e they dont really tell you what you should do) it seems more straightforward than UK in the end, - e.g no language test etc

Advice....lol.....don't think so!! Still trying to work it out 2 years of living together down the line....:eek::confused:

I'm sure you will work it out....are you in Eire then? I think it's a great idea, although we have the fiancé visa here it doesn't give the same benefits, ie, they can't work....and it's not for as long.

Trulymadlydeeply

It's a great idea IMO. As you say still have to prove a 2 year relationship, then normal life ( how normal it can be with a Tune :oops::p) it's like try before you buy lol ;) Is this all over Ireland or just your region?