Successful visa application

rosanna

Not going through it myself so maybe a bit harsh for me to say, but instead of all the stress and worry why not just sit the higher test then you're covered?! Good luck...[/quote

rosanna

Yes that's what my hubby is doing in 2 weeks but of course it's stressful as we have already been married 7 months and got messed around by the Brit council taking 6 months to have the certificate ready ! Therefore we were unable to apply for the visa until it was ready the week it was ready we were to apply to fibs out the test had changed so now we have 2 weeks till he sits it then 1 month to wait for the result then if he passes they now say 2 month to prepare the certificate so this is prolonging our time apart again ! And that is if he passes as I'm English and got a degree but when I did the dummy test it was bit easy for me so that's a concern !!

rosanna

Yes that's what my hubby is doing in 2 weeks but of course it's stressful as we have already been married 7 months and got messed around by the Brit council taking 6 months to have the certificate ready ! Therefore we were unable to apply for the visa until it was ready the week it was ready we were to apply to fibs out the test had changed so now we have 2 weeks till he sits it then 1 month to wait for the result then if he passes they now say 2 month to prepare the certificate so this is prolonging our time apart again ! And that is if he passes as I'm English and got a degree but when I did the dummy test it was bit easy for me so that's a concern !!
Meant not easy for me lol

Jane BM

To achieve level B1 isn't too difficult honestly......maybe a little bit of homework, but I remember at the time when my husband initially applied for settlement he got B1, this was the IELTS test at the time and your overall score at that time to get B1 was 4 out of 9.

rosanna

To achieve level B1 isn't too difficult honestly......maybe a little bit of homework, but I remember at the time when my husband initially applied for settlement he got B1, this was the IELTS test at the time and your overall score at that time to get B1 was 4 out of 9.
Thanks jane he's been online doing the dummy test for an hour most days so I'm hoping he will be ok but I think he's getting stressed so everything seems a blur I gave been trying to e mail ukba to double check but it directs me to worldbridge sure but I'm having difficulty cos it won't acknowledge my e mailing tried a couple if different e mail addresses so maybe the site playing up so I will try later I tried the contact number but it was asking fur credit card details cos charges in dollars for giving advice !!!! Very strange !!! U don't have any idea of where I could contact for advice do u ? Because as another lady said she thinks ket still valid which if that's true we can apply ASAP !! I'm getting so confused with conflicting information ! X

Jane BM

Thanks jane he's been online doing the dummy test for an hour most days so I'm hoping he will be ok but I think he's getting stressed so everything seems a blur I gave been trying to e mail ukba to double check but it directs me to worldbridge sure but I'm having difficulty cos it won't acknowledge my e mailing tried a couple if different e mail addresses so maybe the site playing up so I will try later I tried the contact number but it was asking fur credit card details cos charges in dollars for giving advice !!!! Very strange !!! U don't have any idea of where I could contact for advice do u ? Because as another lady said she thinks ket still valid which if that's true we can apply ASAP !! I'm getting so confused with conflicting information ! X
I know, I had a look a few days ago and it's as clear as mud!! Have you tried the British council in the UK?

Jane BM

I've just had a look on the UKBA website again.......and personally I'd agree with Lyndsey....if you go to the appendage on the right hand side of the page it shows 35 pages of acceptable levels and tests of the English language requirement when applying for initial settlement.

From what I read it's ILR and citizenship where the level goes up to B1 from 28th October.

Read through the 35 pages Rosanna, make sure that the test your husband took is on there and the level required for that test. I'd ring the British council as well or you can always ring Cambridge ESOL in the UK, get their advise too.

rosanna

I know, I had a look a few days ago and it's as clear as mud!! Have you tried the British council in the UK?
There are quite a few conflicting things which is so frustrating I e mailed the Brit council in Tunisia but all they said was yes your husband may take the test in December but did not answer what I was asking so I emailed them again to ask is the ket still valid but they haven't answered I will try the Brit council in uk see if they can give a clear answer thanks fir your help

Jane BM

There are quite a few conflicting things which is so frustrating I e mailed the Brit council in Tunisia but all they said was yes your husband may take the test in December but did not answer what I was asking so I emailed them again to ask is the ket still valid but they haven't answered I will try the Brit council in uk see if they can give a clear answer thanks fir your help
Check the list on the UKBA site like I mentioned above.

rosanna

Check the list on the UKBA site like I mentioned above.
Sorry I didn't see the whole of the previous message as I was looking on my phone but thank u I will definitely do that thanks

Lyndsey

Do you think it matters if some if my papers are in my maiden name and some in my married name like papers from my work in my maiden name because I will change my name soon but I have some papers in my maiden name is that ok to apply for a visa like that

Jane BM

Do you think it matters if some if my papers are in my maiden name and some in my married name like papers from my work in my maiden name because I will change my name soon but I have some papers in my maiden name is that ok to apply for a visa like that
Absolutely fine, as long as there's some kind of paper trail...ie, you'll be submitting your marriage certificate which will clearly show your maiden name and married name. I've got loads of my paperwork still in my previous name, including my passport.

rosanna

Hi I have got a solicitor working on our case sge told me it is fine so long as in the supporting statement it explains the reasons why like fir instance my passport is still in my previous name cos I travel so often I don't want to send it off and rush it not getting back in time but she said it won't be an issue ! Also ages checked. With ukba the jet test at A1 level and above is still fine the new test requirements at B1 level are fir the people requesting leave to remain after 2 and a half years in uk hope this helps u a bit x

Jane BM

Hi I have got a solicitor working on our case sge told me it is fine so long as in the supporting statement it explains the reasons why like fir instance my passport is still in my previous name cos I travel so often I don't want to send it off and rush it not getting back in time but she said it won't be an issue ! Also ages checked. With ukba the jet test at A1 level and above is still fine the new test requirements at B1 level are fir the people requesting leave to remain after 2 and a half years in uk hope this helps u a bit x
The appendage on the UKBA website re English tests...(all 35 pages of them...:rolleyes:)..does show on page 1 that KET at level A1 is acceptable.

It's also longer for people before they can apply for ILR, it's only applicants who fell under the old regulations who can apply for ILR after 23 months.

rosanna

The appendage on the UKBA website re English tests...(all 35 pages of them...:rolleyes:)..does show on page 1 that KET at level A1 is acceptable.

It's also longer for people before they can apply for ILR, it's only applicants who fell under the old regulations who can apply for ILR after 23 months.
Yes I've managed to get all info now just been trying to start online app but fir sone reason it won't let me past accepting terms so will have to try tomorrow ! Stressful week lol

Jane BM

Yes I've managed to get all info now just been trying to start online app but fir sone reason it won't let me past accepting terms so will have to try tomorrow ! Stressful week lol
Probably best.....fresh eyes and all that...;)

jane park

hi everyone just would like too ask what English test is there available please has it changed from the KET or is it PET just on the web it says KET please can someone help me please

bascar

Hi the KET is the easiest one and acceptable ... but they dont run as many KET exam dates as they do the PET ... so they can sit the PET but the minimum pass is A2 ...higher than A1 (from the ket)... its a more difficult test but either one is fine

rosanna

hi everyone just would like too ask what English test is there available please has it changed from the KET or is it PET just on the web it says KET please can someone help me please
Hi
If you look on the ukba type in English test there is a link on the right side that gives you a list of all acceptable tests and which levels are required the ket test is still acceptable x

O

othman

Hi - just a quick one for all of you out there wanting to apply or have applied recently for a visa my husband and I just picked his visa up today.
We are so happy we can finally begin our married life together.
It took 5 weeks from start to finish for the visa application but months of preparation.
Lol!! If i figure out any tips quickly, I'll post them!! :) But generally when im there ive been there for a month, living together at a time, so hopefully that will have been a good foundation for us!

Yea, in Ireland .. although our immigration dont like to make it easy (i.e they dont really tell you what you should do) it seems more straightforward than UK in the end, - e.g no language test etc
Thanks for all the nice replies. We are really pleased and the whole process is so stressful just to get it over and done with is a relief! Now we can get on with our life's back in the uk! We are flying home next week so job hunting etc. we know the transition will be hard for both of us but we are 100% committed.

I am happy to help anyone if they need advice based upon our e pertinence as to be honest
post: 281370, member: 9376"]Hi - just a quick one for all of you out there wanting to apply or have applied recently for a visa my husband and I just picked his visa up today.
We are so happy we can finally begin our married life together.
It took 5 weeks from start to finish for the visa application but months of preparation.
I am happy to
[QUOTE, member: 8469"]Advice....lol.....don't think so!! Still trying to work it out 2 years of living together down the line....:eek::confused:

I'm sure you will work it out....are you in Eire then? I think it's a great idea, although we have the fiancé visa here it doesn'