Support for staff of the hotels affected by the terrorist attack

Aslemma

A British man has set up a fund to help the staff of the two hotels who acted so bravely at the time of the terrorist attack and are now losing their jobs, without any recourse to financial help. All contributions are welcome.

https://www.gofundme.com/StaffofTunisia

shona

Will have a look and give what I can x I stayed in the rui imperial marhaba in Jan and the bellvue in May the staff were superb

Aslemma

Spread the word as well. Let people know that they can help in some small way.

shona

I will spread the word aslemma x

Aslemma

Latest figure £5,721 raised in just 2 days. :)

Trulymadlydeeply

More than they could ever have hoped for I'm sure almost 180000 TD

Essem

Staff member
There are at least 3 of these funds circulating on FB :rolleyes:

Trulymadlydeeply

Oh really.... Hmm hope all 3 are genuine!!

shona

How could you find out if they were genuine?

Aslemma

Sadly in this day and age this is a thought which must occur to many people but sometimes one just has to go with one's gut instinct and accept that there are those who simply want to help in these situations.

Jane BM

Well the English guy Nathan has been interviewed on TV today, it's been all over fb, so I'd assume that it's genuine, either that or he's not very clever at committing fraud!

Aslemma

I didn't see that Jane but hope it will give even more people the confidence to contribute.

Aslemma

It certainly seems to be working as it's now reached over £7,000. I hope that some of the money can benefit other Tunisians who have been affected by this, as well as the workers in the two hotels mainly involved. Of course the money is much needed, but the knowledge that we in the UK appreciate and are grateful for the bravery of the locals will also be very welcome.

Trulymadlydeeply

Some woman has just commented on FB that her Tunisian husband said it was all staged by the new owner of the Hotel for publicity!!!!!! She immediately got asked to remove her post not before a few commented on it included myself :mad:

Aslemma

I think that's unlikely and very much hope it's not true. If we let negative comments such as this deter us from giving we would never give to any charity. I do wonder however if negative comments are the result of some Tunisians resenting the emphasis being on only two hotels, as although it was their staff who acted so bravely, all those in the tourist industry will be badly affected.

Trulymadlydeeply

Sorry I apologise it was on the thread for 1 minute silence not the donation thread.

People were saying how dumb she was to say that, her response was her husband is Tunisian so knows better than anyone else!!!

Aslemma

Unfortunately so much 'information' that is heard from Tunisians comes from the coffee shop pundits This doesn't mean that it's necessarily all b***s*** but it does need to be taken with a very large pinch of salt.