Taking pets to Tunisia

daffodil

What do they do with the lizards, i expect it is something horrible?

Do they eat them or something.......?

gabriel612

So you can have the cat sanctuary and ill have the dog sanctuary then. he he!!! Tortoise is in hibernation at the moment in the garden (just amazing, does it himself every year!!), hence hes a very hardy tortoise!!
Here are my Tunisian babies:

gabriel612

No not that bad. They have a stick and tie them all along it by their tails, hanging upside down and hold it up to passing motorists for sale.

gabriel612

feral kittens taken in the grounds of riadh palms hotel

gabriel612

Taken in the grounds of Riadh Palms Hotel:

gabriel612

Taken outside the Turkish cafe at Hammamet this one was obviously cared for and a poser and very tame. Yes it really did have blue eyes but not as blue as here.

lainie

Taken outside the Turkish cafe at Hammamet this one was obviously cared for and a poser and very tame. Yes it really did have blue eyes but not as blue as here.
can i have this one please, gab. gorgeous!

Jane BM

Here are my Tunisian babies:

Oh they are so teeny tiny, how cute. Mine is huge, a monster now, about the size of a watermelon, and so so funny......rams people he doesnt like...........

caveatemptor

I was told that the camelions are used for some sort of magic. True or false?

caveatemptor

I had this discussion with hubby about neutering and he said its ok for the woman but not for the man he must play:eek::eek::eek:

This attitude has to change before the cat problem can be solved. We have smuggled kittens into the Riadh Palms gardens as we know they are looked after there, we saw them later and they seemed happy and well fed.

lainie

I was told that the camelions are used for some sort of magic. True or false?
yes, i hear that they were eaten and/or burned as part of magic spells.
found this

Chameleons
The chameleon, Chamaeleo chamaeleon, is often sold from traditional herbalists and spice stalls in souks. It is widely believed that this enigmatic creature possesses considerable powers of magic. In many places, the chameleon, although entirely harmless, is also greatly feared. It is widely accepted, for example, that its bite is invariably fatal. As a result, many people kill chameleons on sight. Wives who fear that their husbands may be straying often resort to the use of concealed chameleon meat or bones in their husband's food in the belief that this will restore his fidelity!

In Tunisia, it is also a traditional practice to slaughter a chameleon and bury it in the foundations of new buildings as a protection against the 'evil eye', or bad luck. The chameleon is also believed, in some places, to be a strong foe of snakes, which it attacks and kills in the following manner; the chameleon proceeds along the bough of a tree, beneath which the serpent sleeps. Placing itself immediately above the snake's head, the chameleon discharges a glutinous thread of saliva, which, upon contact with the snake soon kills it

gabriel612

yes, i hear that they were eaten and/or burned as part of magic spells.
found this

Chameleons
The chameleon, Chamaeleo chamaeleon, is often sold from traditional herbalists and spice stalls in souks. It is widely believed that this enigmatic creature possesses considerable powers of magic. In many places, the chameleon, although entirely harmless, is also greatly feared. It is widely accepted, for example, that its bite is invariably fatal. As a result, many people kill chameleons on sight. Wives who fear that their husbands may be straying often resort to the use of concealed chameleon meat or bones in their husband's food in the belief that this will restore his fidelity!

In Tunisia, it is also a traditional practice to slaughter a chameleon and bury it in the foundations of new buildings as a protection against the 'evil eye', or bad luck. The chameleon is also believed, in some places, to be a strong foe of snakes, which it attacks and kills in the following manner; the chameleon proceeds along the bough of a tree, beneath which the serpent sleeps. Placing itself immediately above the snake's head, the chameleon discharges a glutinous thread of saliva, which, upon contact with the snake soon kills it
I did see them for sale on a stall selling incense and coals in the souk la haad at Sousse. Hubby bought one when we were on the way to Kelibia, and he wasn't scared of it one little bit. It was very vicious and bit him and spat lots and puffed itself up. We paid 10 td for it and when we got to Dar Alouch where we were staying overnight hubby put it in a tree saying it would still be there in the morning:D Needless to say it was gone next day, but we did find 10td on the grass near where we let it go, so maybe they do have magic properties:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Amy Ben Salem

s
dont forget about the climate, it will be very hard for your pet/ baby :p
he is a chihuahua and they originate from mexico lol mexican mouse hound.. she LOVES the heat, sits in the sun all day, when we have it, always sits by the radiator and buries herself under and in 3 blankets at night.. she is so funny, you have to pick her up and put her outside to go toilet when it rains.. ha dogs can be s funny. :p but i guess it will have some effects:eek:

Marie1959

My hubby seems to think when we go back in the summer I will be eating either a snake or lizard of some kind as Arabic medicine to help me with my Emphysema lol I doubt they will get me to tho he says it might be a tree of some sort sounds preferable but they would have to use magic o get me to eat any creature he has been talking about lol

C

Cas

Liquorish Marie in tea form...x A herbalist may also say Tincture of Lobelia. They would want to do an holistic overview first of all though.

Marie1959

Oh right that doesnt sound too bad lol I like Liquorish or am I mistaken is it different to what I am thinking of ?

C

Cas

Ideally liquorish root the brown twig form but pure organic candy is ok from a good health food store, actually an American brand is good or Panda brand at a push. Steep in boiling water. You can buy teabags in Health Food store also, ready made x

lynn

Do anyone know how much it is to take a cat to Tune town and what has to be done with regards arrangements etc?